Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I want an RPG with world design by Tim Cain, Jason Anderson and Leonard Boyarsky.

These guys did some solid work. They are also getting balder and porkier. Looking around, it seems that the best creative work is often done by those under 30. Not as a rule or anything, but as a tendency. Got this feeling that the next F1, Arcanum or PST will come from some unknown in the next generation, maybe someone who grew up in the rpg golden years. Or Styg.
Styg is awesome and I love Underrail, but I don't think I'd call world building a strength.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
Yeah, it pretty much says as much:
Five or more year's experience, including at least one shipped, internally developed, AAA title

Thorough experience in scheduling and managing 20-60 person development teams from concept and pitch to post-release support

Experience as an external producer at a publisher is a plus (however, internal development experience is a requirement.)

It could just be a new MMO though. :smug:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Familiarity with Sony, Microsoft, and/or Nintendo licensing requirements and processes

I doubt it's an MMO. Too cross-platform for that.

Apparently Wii U is one of the target platforms too? Lol.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
60 people is probably as AAA as Obsidian gets, since they only have about 100 on all projects combined. Duraframe might correct me on that, though.

Well they still gotta do that Kart Racer.

:balance:

After that tank f2p thingy, nothing's gonna surprise me anymore.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
20-60 people doesn't sound exactly AAA.
60-70 was roughly the number of people who worked concurrently on New Vegas, Dungeon Siege III, and South Park. Normal for them.

Duraframe300

Arcane
60 people is probably as AAA as Obsidian gets, since they only have about 100 on all projects combined. Duraframe might correct me on that, though.

Well they still gotta do that Kart Racer.

:balance:

After that tank f2p thingy, nothing's gonna surprise me anymore.

Yeah 50+ is standard. Obsidian sits currently at around 140-150 people in the entire company.

kazgar

Arcane
Jetsons RPG, where Spacely's sprockets have gone sentient and its up to you, Elroy Jetson to save your family and the earth.

(Astro DLC available at launch)

jdinatale

Cipher
Joshua E. Sawyer does not approve of your shenanigans.

XzZSWeN.jpg

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/production/707-intermediate-to-senior-producer

The position will involve working with other team leaders and stakeholders to create and maintain development strategies to solve short term problems quickly while shepherding the project's critical features and goals over an entire product cycle for proactive organizations leveraging collective synergy to think outside the box and formulate their key objectives into a win-win game plan with a quality-driven approach that focuses on empowering key players to drive-up their core competencies and increase expectations with an all-around initiative to drive up the bottom-line.
Fixed extra AAA flavor :smug:

source

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/production/707-intermediate-to-senior-producer

The position will involve working with other team leaders and stakeholders to create and maintain development strategies to solve short term problems quickly while shepherding the project's critical features and goals over an entire product cycle for proactive organizations leveraging collective synergy to think outside the box and formulate their key objectives into a win-win game plan with a quality-driven approach that focuses on empowering key players to drive-up their core competencies and increase expectations with an all-around initiative to drive up the bottom-line.
Fixed extra AAA flavor :smug:
source
:excellent:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Obsidian, aiming for that 85 Metascore.

deuxhero

Arcane
Familiarity with Sony, Microsoft, and/or Nintendo licensing requirements and processes

Wonder if knowing both the NA and EU Sony requirements (which are not at all the same) is considered a plus.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Scooby Doo RPG, gotta find out that the Professor has been trying to scare a family out of their ancestral home so he can buy it cheap (he's the only other character in the game)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That kind of pointlessness doesn't bode well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom