Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Talking about game mechanics and running P&P sessions makes Josh animated, whereas office parties make him look glum. That's the kind of person I want designing my games.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't this the game we have been talking about before? I think it is but I could be wrong.

Tigranes

Arcane
# of years since Obsidian announced an interesting sounding AAA title: 7
# of years Obsidian has been in business: 12

For fuck's sake guys

Russia is over. The end.

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Tried reading a few of her answers, hoping she might blurt something interesting, but she didn't. She wrote for PoE and everything she says is dull. Figures.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Larry Charles Jr. has rejoined Obsidian Entertainment. Formerly working as a producer between 2008 and 2009 he's now hired as a level designer. In the time between he's worked on Lost Planet 3 and COD: Advanced Warfare.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larry Charles Jr. has rejoined Obsidian Entertainment. Formerly working as a producer between 2008 and 2009 he's now hired as a level designer. In the time between he's worked on Lost Planet 3 and COD: Advanced Warfare.

Duraframe! I was afraid you'd abandoned your Obsidian-watching hobby.

Do you know what game he's rejoining for?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Duraframe! I was afraid you'd abandoned your Obsidian-watching hobby.

Do you know what game he's rejoining for?
Armored Warfare of course, Obsidian flagship game :dead:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Paul Kirsch (who wrote the Almanach, Guidebook and Manual) is now working as a full fledged narrative designer at Obsidian.

Duraframe300

Arcane
As per Anthony Davis in the news thread Brian Heins project is still ongoing. Wonder if the reveal is close.

Duraframe300

Arcane
As per Anthony Davis in the news thread Brian Heins project is still ongoing. Wonder if the reveal is close.

Just to bring it up again. Constant Gaw is Lead Level Designer.

Matt Maclean (as a designer) and John Lewis (VFX Artist) may be working on that as well.

Other than that I have no idea about it.

Edit: And Nate MacDorman on the maybe list

Fairfax

Arcane
Can't be a big project, though, can it? Aren't ~100/180 employees working on the world of tanks thing alone?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can't be a big project, though, can it? Aren't ~100/180 employees working on the world of tanks thing alone?

Well, I think most Obsidian "AAA" projects have been in the 50-ish range, and they have that. Armored Warfare is just really huge.

Of course, those projects tended to use existing engines, which may give us a clue to the nature of this new one.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
It's been in development since early 2014 and still not announced, so we know it's not some quick thing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom