Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian to co-develop Wasteland 2 if Kickstarter reaches $2.1mil

Palikka

Arcane
Bet DU feels really silly now capping the Codex fund-raiser at 10k instead of .45mil. :p

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its badass! Codex needs moar presence. New fundraiser! We get Tim, Chris, Josh, to join Fargo and the rest. This needs to happen goddamnit. No excuses! I live below poverty line and will gladly give another $100-$200. This shit is a fuck you to decline everywhere. It HAS to happen. Come one mother fuckers. The time is now!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
:incline::love::mca:
JmCCV.jpg
akPXG.gif
:love::incline:

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Feel free to dig up any of the DS3 threads for insight.

to dig through tons of hatred for the core game design? well, to not like how it plays doesn't change the point that ds3 is by far no buggy product.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Total brofists, bitch. WTF is taking DU so long! Yesterdays shit is golden, but this shit is the new shit. We ALL need to strip down and accept the new ramen order. Fuck being poor, we gootta do our job. We steal, sacrifice and give. Simple as that. I'll pledge $250 to this shit immediately. Come on, we need to move out and rally to the cause! :obviously:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Total brofists, bitch. WTF is taking DU so long! Yesterdays shit is golden, but this shit is the new shit. We ALL need to strip down and accept the new ramen order. Fuck being poor, we gootta do our job. We steal, sacrifice and give. Simple as that. I'll pledge $250 to this shit immediately. Come on, we need to move out and rally to the cause! :obviously:

I'm pretty sure everybody at the Codex who's interested has already blown their load on this, and then some.

But I'm sure this news will cause many people to be more generous when they increase their pledges near the end of the Kickstarter period.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus

I'm pretty sure everybody at the Codex who's interested has already blown their load on this, and then some.

But I'm sure this news will cause many people to be more generous when they increase their pledges near the end of the Kickstarter period.
I see your point of view, but I'm poor as fuck, gave $100 to ks and $100 to codex. I'll sacrifice more for this though. I don't give a shit how poor I am, I'll do what it takes, since this shit is the best thing any of us has seen in over a decade. Decline is the enemy, and i choose to fight it, even if I have to eat like a beggar for the next 2 years...

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And here's the update on the W2 Kickstarter page.

We have announced a major piece of good news today that inXile has reached an agreement with Obsidian for potential design assistance for Wasteland 2. What that means is that Obsidian’s Chief Creative Officer, Chris Avellone, is going to work with our team on the design and writing of the game! It is important to note that we say "potential" as they will come aboard assuming we hit $2.1 million in funding. The good news is that we have already seen a spike in just the few hours since this was announced in a press release this morning.

Stabwound

Arcane

We have announced a major piece of good news today that inXile has reached an agreement with Obsidian for potential design assistance for Wasteland 2. What that means is that Obsidian’s Chief Creative Officer, Chris Avellone, is going to work with our team on the design and writing of the game! It is important to note that we say "potential" as they will come aboard assuming we hit $2.1 million in funding. The good news is that we have already seen a spike in just the few hours since this was announced in a press release this morning.
As expected, he's really emphasizing the fact that this is mostly MCA and not Obsidian as a whole, which is a good thing if you ask me.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Plus the fixed the misquote so now MCA calls it the "spiritiual predecessor" instead of the "spiritual successor" :P

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
vLaFX.jpg

This is reaching Warhammer Fan-fic level, where God-Emperor manages to save Sanguinius, they defeat Horus, brofist and rebiuld the Empire.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So, are we starting a new foundrising effort, here on the 'Dex? I can see that $20,000 puring into DU's coffers.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

As expected, he's really emphasizing the fact that this is mostly MCA and not Obsidian as a whole, which is a good thing if you ask me.

I am a bit disappointed that there is no mention of Tim Cain possibly helping too:(

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
vLaFX.jpg

This is reaching Warhammer Fan-fic level, where God-Emperor manages to save Sanguinius, they defeat Horus, brofist and rebiuld the Empire.

You know, that didm't end well for the Emperor... or the Empire for that matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom