Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

DraQ

Arcane
The OP is pretty :obviously: it mentions Sigil and Athkatla exclusively.

Then there is second post:

I want at least one big settlement. It always feels weird when a game has no big population center, it makes the world seem somewhat dead. Big cities are also great for having faction bases, shops, quests, and people to talk to all in one central location. Plus, big cities are great for allowing you to see the culture of the society you are currently in.

That's why I loved the Imperial City in Oblivion, or Denerim in DA:O. Hopefully Project Eternity has a big, explorable city as well!
:hearnoevil:

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Will there be male rape victims in the game?

This game is supposed to deal with dark, mature themes, and what's more mature than rape? This is a serious issue and Obsidian has traditionally dealt with serious issues very well. I think Project: Eternity is a great shot for games to transcend some of their past limitations and begin to examine a traditionally-ignored reality. I'm very hopeful on this front.

:what:

Troll or what? Not familiar with this guy.

Tigranes

Arcane
He has an interesting history of posts. I forgot what pseudo-philosophical stance he used to push and create wormholes of politico-theologico-moral explosions, since we have/had a bunch of those, like a Soviet-supremacist.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter

Oh, come on. You have to admit Bubsy 3D was objectivly irredemable shit.

*Clicks on Link* *Realizes what Bubsy game they are talking about*

:hmmm:

*Reads text*

:rage:

:flamesaw: Let's burn these mothers!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Will there be male rape victims in the game?

This game is supposed to deal with dark, mature themes, and what's more mature than rape? This is a serious issue and Obsidian has traditionally dealt with serious issues very well. I think Project: Eternity is a great shot for games to transcend some of their past limitations and begin to examine a traditionally-ignored reality. I'm very hopeful on this front.

Troll or what? Not familiar with this guy.
Damnit, it's gone. :(

Since Sawyer's insistent on putting rape into this game there better be some male-on-male stuff going on. :rpgcodex:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Boob armor - massive fucking LOL. It just shows that all those sugar coated words in interviews, about clash of cultures, factional struggles and shit is bullshit. You can't expect anything of depth from the kind of people who are ok with this juvenile crap they pass as concept art. Boob armor. Holy cow. This is golden. I felt like I was looking at Deviant Art page of some 10 year old little shitstain.
They fixed it, but yeah it's still disappointing it even existed as a concept in the first place and they were actually testing the waters to see if it'd slide through without comment (as if).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Have you tried that?
No, because it's still WIP, and I don't believe NWN2 campaigns with it's trash encounters and hundreds of orcs are suited for that. But I wish someday Storm of Zehir got a mod like that :cry: As for PE... who knows, if moders are working on turn-based Fallout 3, perhaps PE will see that day too :?

Nigro

Educated
lol who cares about boob armor, this game will have female warriors in full plate armor fighting toe to toe against man...realism already is not something to be expected, besides always nice to see some boobs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom