Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
I actually liked that feature.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn.

I don't see any thread to make camp in. I don't care about screens shaking or dogs. Gimme something real to rail against, dammit.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lol. My Divine Intervention thread was not a popular topic of discussion.

:(

Has there been any threads or information from Obsidian in regards to how abilities would work (Memorization Vancian or otherwise vs Cooldowns vs other alternatives)?I've done a quick sweep of the forums and nothing, but I might have missed something.

I might make one, so it'd be good to know if there was already something there. Might also write a topic about in-game economy / bartering.

Also, who's alt inspired this?

:troll:

MCA
I don't know about the full plate part but there have always been female warriors and mercenaries, especially more so towards the present. Conquistador guys did a particularly good job at talking about them and giving them a place in the game.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CrustyBot Link to your thread again, maybe somebody here will think of a suitable reply.

And yes, there have been such threads.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
My favourite story about female fighters:

A certain mademoiselle of scandalous reputation is invited to Louis XIV's ball. She goes there, dressed as a man. Not to disguise herself but to look cool (i.e. it was clear that she's a female). At the ball she starts hitting on some girl and even kisses her. Three guys approach her and say "what is this shit? A bioware game?" She says "guys, fuck off, you're cramping my style". They say "bitch, please, we are men, with, like, swords and shit." She says "Oh yeah, let's take it outside then." She goes outside, kills all three of them, returns to the ball and continues hitting on that chick. Lou was pissed, but eventually forgave her.

True story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_d'Aubigny

Black

Arcane
Sounds like an edgy bioware party character alright.
"Swordsmanship is like sex. Do it wrong and it'll make you bleed."

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Full party creation is one of the best features a rpg can have. Often, creating the party is more fun than the actual game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
First time I played BG 1 as a kid that's how I played.
2 Mages, 1 Paladin, 1 Rogue, 1 Cleric and 1 Fighter I believe.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Full party creation is one of the best features a rpg can have. Often, creating the party is more fun than the actual game.
I don't agree with that at all.

All of my favourite RPGs are single-PC. From Fallout to PS:T.

I actually quickly tire of full-party-creation RPGs, especially making the party. I used a premade party in IWD because I found the process so tedious.

I do love making a single character, though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Boob armor - massive fucking LOL. It just shows that all those sugar coated words in interviews, about clash of cultures, factional struggles and shit is bullshit. You can't expect anything of depth from the kind of people who are ok with this juvenile crap they pass as concept art. Boob armor. Holy cow. This is golden. I felt like I was looking at Deviant Art page of some 10 year old little shitstain.
They fixed it, but yeah it's still disappointing it even existed as a concept in the first place and they were actually testing the waters to see if it'd slide through without comment (as if).
At least we know that they are listening to the feedback. I don't expect their ideas to be flawless right from the get go, the important part is learning from the mistakes and correcting it.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Could be nice, but I almost think it should be implemented in a later patch or DLC. Because it sounds like they want you to play the game solo, recruiting different party members that they write specifically for to make important to the story. Or perhaps only unlock it after beating the game once. That could work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom