Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I bet it's a golf game, named "Fore!".

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasn't Obsidian in the dumps money-wise a few months ago? This is either a kickstarter or a multiplatform "RPG".

I don't know that Obsidian was ever in the dumps. They may have strategically fired a large number of employees to avoid reaching the dumps, much like how Troika disbanded before reaching bankrupcy so they could give their employees a decent severance pay.

Feargus is no Curt Schilling.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, they had to cancel a next-gen project for whatever reason (publishing decided to shutter it?), so they had to lay off a bunch of people they no longer needed. I don't think they were in danger of ever shutting down, just a case of (unfortunately) needing to get rid of redundant people to stay afloat.

Castanova

Prophet
This is a monumental occasion, if it's going to be a Kickstarter. The Codex Golden Boys will get to make a game without publisher influence. Either the game will be awesome or the Codex will learn that Obsidian's history of mediocre games is actually their own fault and not the evil publisher's. Either way, it's a win-win scenario.

Tigranes

Arcane
What we really need is a bloodthirsty Kickstarter battle between Troika and Obsidian.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Josh Sawyer just tweeted this:

A2m2IoiCEAAKZt-.jpg

:hmmm:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The number has changed to '2'.

"I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering."

<!--. X . X X I T X -->
<!-- In time, waves washing against the fingers of Geiran's Grasp will call them back into the sea. The difference between you and the sea is that the sea does not stop. -->

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
There is a line left to E, so there are more letters there. If that line is another E, then the second word might be Keep. The forth one is probably The.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There is a line left to E, so there are more letters there. If that line is another E, then the second word might be Keep. The forth one is probably The.
You're right. It seems like it's a list of right-aligned words... something like:
NO
SLEEP
FOR
THE
.......ER

Edit 1: Ninja'd by Pegultagol
Edit 2: "No sleep for the developer" maybe?:) It says "developer" on his bag, right there, in the picture. It may be just them fucking with us, the phrase having no connection to the game whatsoever, apart from the Ouroboros.

OuterSpace

Scholar
NO
SLEEP
FOR
THE
.......ER

seems to relate directly to:

"I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom