Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

grotsnik

Arcane
Semper posts here, so he's obviously joking. I think he might have missed the OP's broken-English point, though:

In BG2 we already had some amazing battles with huge creatures. The first battle with red dargon is one of toipc three exciting battles.But I still feel that Infinity Engine didn't work good enough on showing huge creatures' behavior. In common sense, human fighting with dargon should be a complex process. Fighters could atteck under abdomen.Barbarian could have some jump attacks. Archers will try to snipe dargon's eye.And attacks on leg or neck should have different effects.

PE will use real-time pause system. In my opinion the system is very suitable to show strategic battles with huge creatures. How to dodge dragon breath and wings attack, how to find a vantage ground and how to attack enemy's vital part. It could be designed to a high strtegic battle.

And as we know pointing system in fallout is a very successful system. If these talent designers could add the system into real-time pause system. When game pause, archer choice to attack dargon's eyes, magis freeze legs, paladin defense the sharp teeth, Barbarian jump up and chop at dargon's neck. It will become a legend battle. I really hope PE can give us such exciting game experience.

It's garbled, but I think he's trying to talk about giving large-scale monsters recognisable danger-areas and specific, selectable body parts with weak spots rather than 'press X now to jump out of the way of breath attack!!' I think he means 'dodge' as 'avoid', basically, not 'QTE dodge.'

Nigro

Educated
So it is true then, Sawyer backed up the woman project.
:decline:
Sorry if I have a different opinion than you guys, but to me this kind of feminism bullshit ruin many games and movies, and I am curious about the way it's going to be dealt with in Project Eternity

Shadenuat

Arcane
I really liked this one
Thread locked, on account of the current moratorium on romance threads.
:hero:
All the work is paying off!

Yeah that read pretty obviously as sarcasm there, chief.
Yeah after "do not make isometric game isometric" thread my sarcasm meter does't work properly, I can actually believe someone asking for QTE and such is serious.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Sorry if I have a different opinion than you guys, but to me this kind of feminism bullshit ruin many games and movies, and I am curious about the way it's going to be dealt with in Project Eternity

I'd love to know of any games that have been ruined by "feminism bullshit". No, Bioware doesn't count.

I made a long-ish angry post on this in P:E before: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?posts/2276572/

Dexter

Arcane
been watching some more Studio Ghibli animations lately. They in general don't seem so afraid to explore and show outlandish concepts and magical worlds where not every law of physics

Actually, Ghibli is as much "realistic" as possible, they draw from Japanese culture and myths (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away), sharply portray weapons and armor (Mononoke, Porco Rosso), history (Grave of Fireflies, Kokuriko), paint japanese countryside and landscapes in general very close to life (Totoro) and use things like Miyazaki's knowledge of aeronautics (Nausicaa, Porco Rosso, Laputa). They are *very* consistent, very european, to the point that probably most of the models, planes and vehicles you see in them would work in real life or have real prototype. Basically, while they may dabble into magical worlds in larger scale, when it comes to small scale, Ghibli rarely makes any mistakes. That's what makes their movies stand out and that's what makes any fantasy good - attention to details and it's internal logic.

Probably the only exception would be Ponyo. That was completely mad old Miyazaki's imagination ride.
We must've watched different movies then as I said "dabble", since I err on the side of the fantastical and only go for Hi-Def a lot of these don't tell me anything, but Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Spirited Away and even Totoro have a lot more of these fantastical elements in them that you wouldn't even find in any western animated movies I can remember and I wasn't only talking about them in specifical, but a lot of Japanese productions in general.
Anyway, why'd you choose to pick out that specific, rather small part of my argument? xD

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I really liked this one
Thread locked, on account of the current moratorium on romance threads.
:hero:
All the work is paying off!

Yeah that read pretty obviously as sarcasm there, chief.
Yeah after "do not make isometric game isometric" thread my sarcasm meter does't work properly, I can actually believe someone asking for QTE and such is serious.
I bet the romance threads the past few days have been trolls.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Also fucking Infinity Engine? They have $400,000 bucks and total freedom and they decide to recycle a 14-year old Bioware engine?
riker.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyway, why'd you choose to pick out that specific, rather small part of my argument? xD
Because I have Teto the fox-squirrell on my more regular avatar. Now let's shut up about animu and wait for new PE character sketch we could pick on and praise or criticize to death.

Nigro

Educated

I'd love to know of any games that have been ruined by "feminism bullshit". No, Bioware doesn't count.

I made a long-ish angry post on this in P:E before: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?posts/2276572/
Interesting post.

The games were ruined for me, because I can't force myself to play it, and the money I spent is wasted. But many of those games are well acclaimed, I know that I'm a minority, and can't argue with a bloodthirsty crowd, so I see no point in discussing about them, most likely you have played them and you have your own opinion about it.
But really, can't you see this feminist and LGBT agenda getting pushed down on our throats in movies and games nowadays? It's sickening.

I have a very low tolerance for bullshit in games and movies, sometimes I'm just watching a movie or playing a game and I see a scene that makes my bullshit sense tingle, and I turn it off immediately and uninstall, I'm just hoping and trying to convince myself that this won't be the case with Project Eternity, that's all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom