Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
LOL, now you guys are talking like you know which specific numbered levels are considered "low-tier" and spammable, as well as what spells will be included on those tiers. You don't know ANYTHING at all about the specific spell organization! Maybe there are no fireballs! Maybe fireball is on a cooldown! Maybe fireballs are shot like machine gun bullets! You guys are so weird and dumb, it blows my mind :rage: The worst part of the internet is the people on it, Jesus. I need an invite-only forum for me and my friends with IQs over 120.

jewboy

Arbiter
You were indeed correct about PE all along, VotS. Do you have any contacts at Obsidian we should know about?

could you please stop sucking his cock? villain's ego'll explode... after 3-4 days in, sawyer spoke the first time about changing the resting system and adding considering kool-downs to balance the usage of ablilities. since then vots repeated his "clever" analysis day after day, not noticing that EVERYBODY expected such an outcome. you don't have to be einstein's fucking incarnation to draw the right conclusions.

I'm starting to think that VotS actually works at Obsidian. Or knows someone who does. He seriously fucking nailed this. The way I remember it VotS and/or Roguey were both predicting this shit long before it actually happened. Or long enough. Not saying they are psychics, but I wouldn't rule it out. Maybe this decline appeared to VotS in a dream. Or maybe that film Primer was based on something that VotS only just figured out.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
The way I remember it VotS and/or Roguey were both predicting this shit long before it actually happened. Or long enough.

124936618712.jpg

ps: while roguey posts all the important quotes to confirm his statements, vots just lets his brain go berserk and twists "news" to match his retarded imagination.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You were indeed correct about PE all along, VotS. Do you have any contacts at Obsidian we should know about?

could you please stop sucking his cock? villain's ego'll explode... after 3-4 days in, sawyer spoke the first time about changing the resting system and adding considering kool-downs to balance the usage of ablilities. since then vots repeated his "clever" analysis day after day, not noticing that EVERYBODY expected such an outcome. you don't have to be einstein's fucking incarnation to draw the right conclusions.

I'm starting to think that VotS actually works at Obsidian. Or knows someone who does. He seriously fucking nailed this. The way I remember it VotS and/or Roguey were both predicting this shit long before it actually happened. Or long enough. Not saying they are psychics, but I wouldn't rule it out. Maybe this decline appeared to VotS in a dream. Or maybe that film Primer was based on something that VotS only just figured out.

No man, really. There's been talk about cooldowns from the very beginning. They just weren't confirmed. VotS is "right" because he was trolling people by being pessimistic.

He was actually genuinely surprised when cooldowns WERE in fact confirmed: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...t-eternity-thread.75947/page-158#post-2294310

Cynic

Arcane
Codex, you can shoot your load all over this game as much as you want, but the second you claim everything that's being said is not the SAME VERY SHIT that you all swear is the decline is the day that you need your membership to this prestigious magazine revoked. Seriously. These guys are pissing over all kinds of old school gameplay elements at the moment and people here are defending them, I'm fucking shocked.

This game might be alright, it might even be pretty good. But when Tim Cain, a creator of Fallout and ToEE comes and talks about Wizards being disadvantaged and needing them to be able to use INFINITE SPELLZ, well, that's some bullshitz right there.

jewboy

Arbiter
Okay. This is so not important. I mean whether VotS or Roguey are in fact precogs or have connections at Obsidian. That's just the way I remember it. When was the first mention of cooldowns by Obsidian? It could be checked against the posting times of Roguey and VotS in this thread. If anyone could be bothered that is.

Fryjar

Augur
Hm, there is nearly no talk about the announced mod support here. Can't say I'm dissapointed about the game info that was put out since the start of the kickstarter campaign.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Okay. This is so not important. I mean whether VotS or Roguey are in fact precogs or have connections at Obsidian. That's just the way I remember it. When was the first mention of cooldowns by Obsidian? It could be checked against the posting times of Roguey and VotS in this thread. If anyone could be bothered that is.

The first time *Spiritual Successor to the IE games* came up. Due to DA:O among other things.

You don't have to be a Neandertaler to think of them as a possibility.

Semper

Cipher
hey sherlock, september the 14th i was disappointed that there wasn't a sample screenshot shown but predicted that they'll use one to fuel hype in the last couple days. i bet on you that this will happen.
oh, btw i am josh. nice to meet you.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex, you can shoot your load all over this game as much as you want, but the second you claim everything that's being said is not the SAME VERY SHIT that you all swear is the decline is the day that you need your membership to this prestigious magazine revoked. Seriously. These guys are pissing over all kinds of old school gameplay elements at the moment and people here are defending them, I'm fucking shocked.

This game might be alright, it might even be pretty good. But when Tim Cain, a creator of Fallout and ToEE comes and talks about Wizards being disadvantaged and needing them to be able to use INFINITE SPELLZ, well, that's some bullshitz right there.
You didn't even play Fallout until like a week ago, and it took you a week to even get to The Hub. You're a poser and you need to sit down. They are not nostalgia-ridden fogeys re-doing old games. They are good game designers and artists, practicing their trade and flexing their creativity. Go away.

Fryjar

Augur
hey sherlock, september the 14th i was disappointed that there wasn't a sample screenshot shown but predicted that they'll use one to fuel hype in the last couple days. i bet on you that this will happen.
oh, btw i am josh. nice to meet you.
From update 16:
"we have exciting stuff planned for you in the coming week including new rewards, a special inside peek into Obsidian, and a first look at Project Eternity."

Cynic

Arcane

You didn't even play Fallout until like a week ago, and it took you a week to even get to The Hub. You're a poser and you need to sit down. They are not nostalgia-ridden fogeys re-doing old games. They are good game designers and artists, practicing their trade and flexing their creativity. Go away.

HAHA Oh wow, hey takes me a week to do shit in games because I have a life and have like 1 hour to play maybe every three days. Who the fuck are you anyway?

I been playing cRPGs since the original C64 days cunt. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and everything you've said in this thread proves you are beyond fucking retarded.

:hmmm:

Cynic

Arcane
LOL, now you guys are talking like you know which specific numbered levels are considered "low-tier" and spammable, as well as what spells will be included on those tiers. You don't know ANYTHING at all about the specific spell organization! Maybe there are no fireballs! Maybe fireball is on a cooldown! Maybe fireballs are shot like machine gun bullets! You guys are so weird and dumb, it blows my mind :rage: The worst part of the internet is the people on it, Jesus. I need an invite-only forum for me and my friends with IQs over 120.

Ban suejak

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot

HAHA Oh wow, hey takes me a week to do shit in games because I have a life and have like 1 hour to play maybe every three days. Who the fuck are you anyway?

I been playing cRPGs since the original C64 days cunt. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about and everything you've said in this thread proves you are beyond fucking retarded.
Yeah man, you're the only one with a life who can't get The Hub in under a week despite the whole game lasting like 8-10 hours at most, hahaha.

You are a rampant poser, it's hilarious. You can't sit there and judge Tim Cain for not regurgitating Classic RPG Standards when you haven't even played pillars of the genre. Hysterical. Seriously the most annoying kind of Codexian -- the one who is pretentious despite not knowing jack shit.

Semper

Cipher
Hm, there is nearly no talk about the announced mod support here. Can't say I'm dissapointed about the game info that was put out since the start of the kickstarter campaign.

yeah, to hear some words about modding support was nice. explanation of their data files and structure is very important and perhaps there will be tools after release. that's all i wanted to know!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Seriously the most annoying prevalent kind of Codexian -- the one who is pretentious despite not knowing jack shit.

This place turned into 4chan years ago. Graphic whores and console kiddies rule this place by now. They just like to act pretentious because they read on /v that monocles are the new kewl.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
What an odd post Trash. Sujeak's attack was directed at Cynic, someone who couldn't in the least be described as a graphic whore and console kiddy. Or were you just looking for a random post to quote in order to blow of steam?

Cynic

Arcane
Yeah man, you're the only one with a life who can't get The Hub in under a week despite the whole game lasting like 8-10 hours at most, hahaha.

You are a rampant poser, it's hilarious. You can't sit there and judge Tim Cain for not regurgitating Classic RPG Standards when you haven't even played pillars of the genre. Hysterical. Seriously the most annoying kind of Codexian -- the one who is pretentious despite not knowing jack shit.

You're first point makes no fucking sense, is math teh hardz for you retard?

Even if I were a rampant poser (of course which I am not, considering I've been gaming since the genre was fucking invented), I'd rather be a rampant poser than a rampant SHITPOSTER which is exactly what you are.

Just fuck off back to the BSN.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
What an odd post Trash. Sujeak's attack was directed at Cynic, someone who couldn't in the least be described as a graphic whore and console kiddy. Or were you just looking for a random post to quote in order to blow of steam?
He described himself in his Fallout thread as having been a "consoletard" when Fallout 1 came out. Not surprised.

Anyway, he only crosses the line when he gets on his high horse about Tim Cain "pissing over old school gaming elements" and ushering in "The Decline" like he's got the gaming pedigree to know a goddamn thing about Tim Cain. Somebody -- no, everybody -- needs to tell those nubs to can it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So, I see I'm late to the party, but Jaesun and J_C: what became off "We already know they won't employ cooldowns during combat!"

Fuck you for making me believe.

Also, attacks of opportunity and flanking suck the deepest amount of donkeyballs possible in a real-time game. The DEEPEST.

I'm hard for this game still, unlike the :deline:-howling team here I still see plenty of potential for this game to be great (PS:T had shit combat)... but fuck it if I'm going to take your word for something on this game again, mr. Snake and mr. Matt. What a tragedy :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom