Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hopefully they will add a STEAM achievement where if you fail any check, and re-load they get a FILTHY SAVE SCUMMER achievement.

jewboy

Arbiter
Another possibility is to include a special metal helm. inside this helm will be a copper electrode on each side. These copper electrodes will connect to a plug that connects to mains power and a relay that connects to the USB port on the computer. Whenever a save is detected at a shorter than allowed interval the player is briefly shocked with 110 or 220 volts depending on the local power. Sort of like ECT therapy. This is probably the safest strategy. A special codpiece version could be used for people for whom shocks to the head are not enough.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
It wouldn't surprise me if it out does Wasteland 2 (just out of the SHEER nostalgia of the IE (Mainly BG) games. Basically === MILLIONS). I just can't see it doing more than Schaefers game.

Anything can happen. Project Eternity has currently a lead of around 130'000. DFA had a few more days, but these don't matter all that much. It will entirly depend on the spike and these are unpredictable. DFA has the advantage of more backers though.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hopefully they will add a STEAM achievement where if you fail any check, and re-load they get a FILTHY SAVE SCUMMER achievement.

Although flaying myself sounds fun, I have to admit I'd rather just get the unchievement. I would brofist you if I were a true bro.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It wouldn't surprise me if it out does Wasteland 2 (just out of the SHEER nostalgia of the IE (Mainly BG) games. Basically === MILLIONS). I just can't see it doing more than Schaefers game.

Anything can happen. Project Eternity has currently a lead of around 130'000. DFA had a few more days, but these don't matter all that much. It will entirly depend on the spike and these are unpredictable. DFA has the advantage of more backers though.

True. IF (but this is Obsidian we are talking about as much as I LOVE OBSIDIAN) something pretty fucking spectacular on those last few days, yeah could get them way over.

WHAT that would be, I have no fucking clue though. heh

Lord Andre

Arcane
Latest fanboy argument on the codex: "Hardcore mode will fix everything !" :decline:

:lol: why do you want this game to flop so much?

I don't want it to flop. Every day I check the kickstarter page for updates hoping Obsidian has come to their senses.

What really pisses me of is people on the fucking codex behaving like the Obsidian version of biodrones. Has everyone gone insane ? Are you so blinded that you would ignore the obvious trend of this project ?

Then Roguey comes along, telling people like me we have no reading comprehension. Retardation so putrid and foul I am left speechless.

Volly is the only one that makes sense anymore and THAT is more disturbing than the rest put together.

The end is near. Armageddon is coming and the skies will rain burning blood upon us all when Cleve finally releases Grimoire.

- Notes taken from the journal of a newfag prophet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What trend? That it's not going to be as hardcore (lol) as the Infinity Engine games?

You seem to think people here are blind to that. We're not, we just don't care that much.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Gee, what is CONSTANTLY VOTED the NUMBER 2 GAME EVERY TIME WE HAVE A VOTE on the Codex?

That's right. a RTwP IE game with fucking shit combat AND romance. :roll:

Lord Andre

Arcane
What trend? That it's not going to be as hardcore (lol) as the Infinity Engine games?

You seem to think people here are blind to that. We're not, we just don't care that much.

What the fuck do you care about then ? Assuming this is still the codex and not larper central.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the fuck do you care about then ? Assuming this is still the codex and not larper central.

I care about getting a PC-exclusive, top-down, party-based, non-hack n' slash fantasy RPG that isn't severely dumbed down. And I care about getting the closest thing to The Black Hound that will ever exist.

It's not rocket science.

Lord Andre

Arcane

I care about getting a PC-exclusive, top-down, party-based, non-hack n' slash fantasy RPG that isn't severely dumbed down. And I care about getting the closest thing to The Black Hound that will ever exist.

It's not rocket science.

I want the same thing with only a slight twist:

I care about getting a PC-exclusive, top-down, party-based, non-hack n' slash fantasy RPG that isn't dumbed down at all. And I care about getting the closest thing to The Black Hound that will ever exist.

It's not rocket science.

Considering the "EVIL" publishers are not involved am I really asking too much ? Or am I to understand that publishers have nothing to do with dumbing down and this was always about the jewgoldz.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
lol, who seriously gives a shit about the save system? It started out as a discussion about how to fix rampant resting in dungeons and hence fix the magic system, but now you guys are just running in circles about boring shit you can do yourself, without the game forcing it on you.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I want the same thing with only a slight twist:

Narcissism of small differences, eh?

Considering the "EVIL" publishers are not involved am I really asking too much ? Or am I to understand that publishers have nothing to do with dumbing down and this was always about the jewgoldz.

And if it is about the jewgoldz, why is that a crime? Obsidian is not an indie house. They have ~100 employees to pay and yes, that will always require compromises.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Since I'm at it, I'd like to state that it would please my dark heart, if you fagots stopped singing glorious praise to Josh Sawyer's anus and admit that Obsidian is not the unspoiled virgin of the gaming industry.

Considering the "EVIL" publishers are not involved am I really asking too much ?

I dunno. It would help if you explained what you mean by "no dumbing down at all" (from what I've seen in this thread, you consider nearly everything about the game to be sheer decline)

Since I'm at it, I'd like to state that it would please my dark heart, if you fagots stopped singing glorious praise to Josh Sawyer's anus and admit that Obsidian is not the unspoiled virgin of the gaming industry.

What? :lol: People are just more trusting of Obsidian / Sawyer than Bioware / Gaider or Bethesda / Todd, which is not unreasonable.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Different games have always been "dumbed down" to different degrees, going all the way back to the days of Ultima vs Wizardry.

The problem people here have with the big publishers these days isn't that they've dumbed down games. It's that they've dumbed them down too fucking much, so much that entire genres have been twisted into something that is no longer recognizable.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Considering the "EVIL" publishers are not involved am I really asking too much ?

I dunno. It would help if you explained what you mean by "no dumbing down at all" (from what I've seen in this thread, you consider nearly everything about the game to be sheer decline)

I have stated numerous times that I like everything that has been announced about the project except Sawyer's direction on combat mechanics.

What pisses me off is people saying "Sawyer knows best". No he fucking doesn't. I can read just as fine as everyone else. He wants to dumb it down to retard levels because aparently walking back to camp is the end of the world.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
I actually DO love Josh Sawyer that much :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom