Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Phelot

Arcane
Normally you make the base game before announcing expansions...

I like this update, perfect start for the final push drive. I upped my pledge for them :takemymoney:
Love the kicking it forward initiative, good way to fund indie KS in the future. Expansion? That's something worth giving to and getting W2 with the expansion at 165 is a great lure to upping pledges to that level instead of 140.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope adding Wasteland 2 to the project gives them a nice boosts. Unfortunately (or fortunately) this doesn't affect me, since I will get both games anyway. so this update doesn't anything for me. I hope the update tomorrow will be more substantial.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nope. Expansions usually came within the year.

it's not about the timeframe but the announcement of an expansion before the actual game is released. they don't know if it's a slam dunk... this only gives the impression that they're holding back content for an addon. at least that's what the retards will think.

Nah, lots of devs have hinted very strongly about expansions during development. Very strong memory as then many of these expansions never materialised. Darklands for instance was announced as a modular game in lots of interviews with more content being planned all along. Never happened. Fucking shame.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
You might not know that Brian Fargo is the guy who gave many of us our start in the games industry at Interplay – myself (Feargus), Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, Scott Everts, Brian Menze, Chris Jones, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan – and the list keeps on going from there.
Brian Fargo really must be on bad side of T.Cain...

Shannow

Waster of Time
Wjat's this thread exactly about now? Last time I hcecked, some retards have been arguing that oppresive consoletard save system is good and hardcore.

So you think that saving anywhere is more hardcore than limited save locations? Doesn't the latter make the game harder and less forgiving? Then how exactly is limited saving less hardcore?

I'm not seeing the logic. (And for full disclosure, I don't particularly like limited saves myself.)
That's because you're a good person and cannot into ad hominems if you don't have any arguments :salute:
Sadly this also means that we'll have to expell you. DU will ban you once he's sober. Was fun having you around. God speed.

@Update 17: Since I like being a popular guy I'll say that I always hated planned expansions. In certain cases I can understand the rationality behind them, but they always feel like Day 0 DLC, like devs/publishers trying to christian me out of my money.
Meh.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Meh.

Hard to get excited about an expansion when we haven't seen/played the actual game. Same about WL2 - odds are, most people who care have already pledged.

aVENGER

Arcane
Developer
it's not about the timeframe but the announcement of an expansion before the actual game is released. they don't know if it's a slam dunk... this only gives the impression that they're holding back content for an addon. at least that's what the retards will think.

Yeah, some people will probably get that impression, but it's not always the case.

Truth is, game development is an ongoing process. Sometimes, the devs may come up with some really cool things near the very end of the development cycle (i.e. during feature lock). However, at that point, introducing new features could potentially do more harm than good, so the extra stuff is best left for an expansion.

Kicking it derpwards + lots of namedropping + pointless WL2 bonus (for us who already donated to the WL anyways). Definitely not upping the pledge - and poor Obsidian, they have to rake in a lot of money from this for it to be worth the 5% loss from kicking it derpwards

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, they posted the infamous "fat MCA" pic.

Where might that be?

interplay-1983-torment-1999.jpg

Right-hand photo, facepalming at the bottom center.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Americans tend to blend "jacked" and "fat" into a single concept, so he's probably jacked.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nope. Expansions usually came within the year.

The retards are already here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts

I don't want my money going towards the planning of an expansion pack, dlc or anything else. I'm considering pulling my funding on this.
I want everything to go towards the development of the game and making that as amazing as possible. No expansions till after this thing is 100% completed and amazing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'll agree with hero, that was a really lackluster update. But that's what you get when you go with more frequent updates over rarer, more substantial ones.
Here's hoping the next one will be a little more interesting!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Times of great struggle or personal duress often bring out the greatest aspects of man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom