Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
For someone who is against stereotyping of women, you sure do like to lump whole communities into one bin.

Most of 4chan is no worse than the codex really.

"This isn't 4chan" is a racist insult because pedophiles and racists post there. Lesi said so. :rpgcodex:

Also misogynists. Loads and loads of misogynists.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think Roguey would consider that much of a defense. :smug:
It's not much a defense, but here's the thing: Roguey is part of the codex. Therefore, her own websites are codex related. Which is a site as bad as 4chan. Therefore, her on opinions are as worthless as gatheryourparty. :troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I was a contrarian from day one. Also I would never let anyone know I post here, much like how Lesi currently denies any previous association with this place.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MCA
Apparently this is an old, failed pitched for a game called "Hidden", by MCA:

Myths and Folk Tales exist, see, they fill the seams in our world.

You know them already, but you forget fast. The faint trilling of a flute beneath a sewer grate, a click-spinning bike wheel with a length of blonde hair twined in its spokes, the click-click of glass-spiked heels on a sidewalk echoing, echoing, then... wait, it's gone. The faint smell of brimstone from the local pub with the ash-blackened windows and the men who walk out more hunched than they went in, a nest of filthy blankets arranged in a square pen that seems too small for a human to sleep on.

The world we walk in is one we see through untraumatized eyes... the one you see without accident, the see something else... more than you bargained for.

Once seen, these things can never be unseen. You become a part of the hidden world, its rules, its inhabitants - and their bargains.

It'll creep up on you. You might smell spoiled beef from an empty alley, a fingernail scratching a tune on a record in a sealed attic… or catch a sewer manhole sliding noiselessly closed. A grinning smile within the door of a doghouse. A sudden feeling of déjà vu and a faint, distant jazz saxophone when you enter a hotel lobby. Smoke and ash lingering in the air where no fire has burned, and the faint smell of the charnel house may come from a children's playground. Your grandmother in a brief moment of lucidity, recite a poem from the 16th century and tells you the third line will determine your fate, and all the while, the candles in her windows flicker even when there's no breeze to brush by them. Every alley merits a second glance, then a third... but when you turn away, your surroundings have changed. There is splashing in empty fountains, a giggle behind an abandoned storefront, the ting of a glass shard falling... you may even hear the dust motes whispering amongst themselves. Then - it gets worse.

When something cuts you deep, physically or emotionally, sometimes you catch a glimpse of the world as it unfolds… walls peel away, tiles fall from floors into the Abyss, and reality becomes a hallucination you happen to have shared with everyone you knew. Distance has no meanings, streets stretch on forever, and things at your peripheral vision suddenly become very, very real. Nothing can be measured, and you see a glimpse of the infinite.

Demons lurk in bars, waiting and getting drunk on human misery, as they sip emptiness from glasses of pessimism... and wait for humanity to come in to pick and choose which of those empty vessels they wish to sample and fill with their energy. Mothers forget their children, their houses filled with empty cribs whose contents have been misplaced. Some say there's a dark overlord behind it all, pulling the strings - Lucifer himself, the puppeteer, the one-we-all-answer-to, the fallen angel... but thing is, no one's seen him for some time. It's like he's vanished, gone, into the air... like a folk tale.

Where has he gone, you say? Well, that's the part of the story where you walk in - or wake up, might be better. You and this fellow Lucifer, turns out you have a history. A brief one, a cloudy one, but very, very troubling.

But that's how all tales begin... the tales worth telling, that is.

Is the Codex aware of this?

Where did you dig this out?

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
so Roguey didn't nail anything at all

edit: also what the fuck is this cataclysmic event tied to Lesifoere that everyone keeps referencing? Is she not posting here anymore (a shame, she was one of my favourite posters)? Can someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction of what is sure to be some sort of retarded /gd/ drama thread (in a pm, keep that shit out of here)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
edit: also what the fuck is this cataclysmic event tied to Lesifoere that everyone keeps referencing? Is she not posting here anymore (a shame, she was one of my favourite posters)? Can someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction of what is sure to be some sort of retarded /gd/ drama thread (in a pm, keep that shit out of here)

There is not much to say - she posted on the Codex for years before leaving to become a notorious Radical Internet Feminist(tm). Roguey is some kind of racially insecure Eurasian who has become obsessed with following her footsteps, culminating in this thread.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
UPDATE - Expansion add-on, I called it!: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/326152

Update #19 - $2.6M Achieved! Adventurer’s Hall in! Full List of Rewards at Every Tier, Art for T-Shirts and Mouse Pad

Update #19 · Oct. 10, 2012

Another stretch goal down! We are happy to announce that we’ve made our $2.6M stretch goal counting both Kickstarter and PayPal backers!

93d1a51c672f4e5285586b136fc76eb4_large.jpg

We have a lot of great stuff planned over the next six days. Josh is doing a lore update tomorrow along with some other BIG announcements, we are organizing an AMA over on reddit so everyone can ask Tim, Josh, Feargus and myself (Adam) a ton of questions, and we are getting our crazy ideas put together for the live stream of the last hours of the campaign next Tuesday.

Along with this update, we wanted to get some housekeeping out of the way. First off, we get asked a lot about what is in each of our reward tiers. You can find the full list farther down in this update. We are going to keep this list constantly updated, so if you ever need to refer to it, just come back to this update.

We are also working on our main Kickstarter page to keep things organized and have a new stretch goal image that combines all the stretch goals that have been added.

2ed147842e2c7f43336f1a87a82abc2e_large.jpg

The Barbarian and Cipher classes are up next at $2.7M, and the talented George Zietswill be joining the team if we hit $2.8m! With each stretch goal hit not only are we adding a new feature, we are also making the entire game larger. The additional money raised lets us add designers, artists, animators, and programmers to help build this incredible new world we are creating. This means adding more reactive quests, choice and consequence opportunities, a varied bestiary, memorable characters, adventure areas, and combat abilities.

New Add-On

Due to popular demand and for a limited time, we are offering the ability to add our first expansion pack, due out approximately six months after Project Eternity ships. Any money contributed to add-on the expansion now will be used to make the main game larger. The expansion budget is not being created by money from this Kickstarter.
  • Digital Download of Expansion Pack + $20 (included in tiers $165 and above)
We will be sweetening the $165 reward tier with something extra in the upcoming days as well.

Add-Ons

If you are at the $20 Pledge level or higher, you can add the following items to your reward tier. Check out Update #4 on more information on how to Add-On rewards.

Digital Add-Ons (Any Tier $20 and Above)
  • Digital Download of Expansion Pack + $20 (included in tiers $165 and above)
  • Digital Strategy Guide + $7 (included in tiers $80 and above)
  • Early Access Beta Key +$25 (included in tiers $110 and above)
  • Extra Digital Download of the Game +$25 (requires a minimum $20/$25 tier contribution)
  • Extra Three Digital Downloads of the Game +$60 (requires a minimum $20/$25 tier contribution)
Physical Add-Ons (Physical Tiers Only, $65, $100, $140, $250 and above)
  • Project Eternity Mouse Pad +$15 (included in physical tiers $140 and above)
  • Black Project Eternity T-Shirt +$25 (included in physical tiers $100 and above)
  • Black Obsidian T-Shirt +$25
addons-tshirts-mousepad.jpg

For t-shirt add-ons, we will ask for your size at the end of the Kickstarter campaign in a survey sent to you in e-mail.

Discuss Update #19 in the Project Eternity Forums.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Is there a way to see the amount donated to the project via PayPal? This update sure took me by surprise. Did not think they would reach 2.6 million today o.o.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
FUCKING MATH! HOW DOES IT WORK?

It seems to be staying around 40K ish. Of which I am quite surprised (I was actually expecting more). It doesn't seem to be growing fastly.

Well I guess that means I have to add the expansion to my pledge. Too hard to resist. I have to wonder though, since they are marketing this expansion as 20$, what will be the finished main games price?

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
FUCKING MATH! HOW DOES IT WORK?

It seems to be staying around 40K ish. Of which I am quite surprised (I was actually expecting more). It doesn't seem to be growing fastly.

You may have the time here wrong. I'm pretty sure it has been only two days since it was in the 20'000.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I forgot that they are setting up a physical distribution deal. I could see the price being $45 or more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom