Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Of course but this is what makes it fucking entertaining and hilarious.
I totally agree :salute: People need to just be patient and wait until they have something substantial to actually criticize.
That Wasteland 2 thread was completely overrun by the Unity platform butthurt led by Drocon... did have some lulz in there however:lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Why are so many people asking for a screenshot? Is that some kind of running gag I'm not getting?

Because they said they'll release a screenshot?

Don't miss the update on Thursday - Josh will be talking lore, and our first screenshot will be revealed.

Never trust a Thursday again.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why are so many people asking for a screenshot? Is that some kind of running gag I'm not getting?

Because they said they'll release a screenshot?

Don't miss the update on Thursday - Josh will be talking lore, and our first screenshot will be revealed.

Never trust a Thursday again.
They did? IIRC, 3 weeks ago they didn't even know for sure what engine they're going to use and they already promised a screenshot? I've no idea what's going on anymore, this is way over my head.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah... take it as "screenshot". Likely something put together in Photoshop. I'd be surprised if it's more than that and the final game will look even remotely like it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A single SCREEN SHOT... out of the wealth of information will change you?

WAT?

Jaesun, before I respond to this I want you to picture something. And get real creative with it in your mind. Ok. I want you to pretend I just cast a spell on you. It lasts 24 hours. The spell is called "Four Rabbit Turds". After I cast the spell, four rabbit turds appear on your tongue. The rabbit turds are enchanted and therefore sustain your energy throughout the 24 hour period, although, they are still rabbit turds. And there are four of them. On your tongue. For one day. I want you to picture this because this is the exact response I would love to become a reality after reading that post you just made. You know. The one I quoted.

So now that you're picturing what four rabbit turds on your tongue for a full day would be like...let me clear that up for you:

I am not interested in this game. There's nothing other than the association of past accomplishments of certain developers which has me interested at all. And my benefit of the doubt has dried up after witnessing what has thusfar been a complete shithouse/trainwreck Kickstarter campaign of confusion and pandering but also a fucking embarrassment in art direction. So yeah. If I'm not giving a shit before the KS campaign is over I don't pledge. I wait and see. That said, if something came out looking like MotB tomorrow...who knows. I might have a private special moment.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Step your shit up Grunker

You're above posting facebook-level memes on the Codex

the image applies - besides, what are you, the meme-police? nigga please

if anyone here should step up his shit it is you

i haven't seen you make a post with more than two sentences worth of content in anything but the lol thread since like forever

stones and glass houses mate

or shits and toilets, i forget how it goes

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This is the thread as I've understood it so far:

ANOTHER IE GAME?! WOO-FUCKING-HOO I'M PLEDGING A GAZILLION DOLLARS!!
RTWP?! JUST LIKE ALL THOSE OTHER GAMES I LIKED?! THATS BULLSHIT HOW FUCKING DARE THEY! WITHDRAWING MY PLEDGE FUCK YOU OBSHITIAN!!!
IRONMAN MODE AND PARTY CREATION? YOU'VE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS OBSIDIAN ARE TRUE BROS!!! NOW IM PLEDGING 2 GAZILLION DOLLARS!!
COOLDOWNS?! I DONT KNOW WHAT THE CONTEXT IS BUT IM SURE AS FUCK ANGRY FOR SOME REASON!! WITHDRAWING MY PLEDGE FUCK THOSE LYING CUNTS AT OBSHITIAN!!!

Tomorrow:
OMG... THAT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SCREENSHOT EVER! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAEM EVAR!! UPPED MY PLEDGE TO 10 GAZILLION DOLLARS!!!

This is so fucking stupid

It's also completely untrue and blown out of proportion, honestly. Besides very, very few people no one has reacted anywhere near like this. Those who were optimistic from the beginning have stayed that way and vice versa. What you're reacting on is people being excited and therefore actually discussing what's there. You may have noticed that this is an RPG discussion forum, where we discuss RPGs. Well, in the absence of anything else it seems perfectly natural that people discuss what little is known about upcoming RPGs.

As I and many others have commented on in this thread, if anything it's great to see the Codex roused from it's slumber. It's the hatred that drives us, Neo.

Esquilax

Arcane
It's also completely untrue and blown out of proportion, honestly. Besides very, very few people no one has reacted anywhere near like this. Those who were optimistic from the beginning have stayed that way and vice versa. What you're reacting on is people being excited and therefore actually discussing what's there. You may have noticed that this is an RPG discussion forum, where we discuss RPGs. Well, in the absence of anything else it seems perfectly natural that people discuss what little is known about upcoming RPGs.

As I and many others have commented on in this thread, if anything it's great to see the Codex roused from it's slumber. It's the hatred that drives us, Neo.

Haha, of course I'm exaggerating like crazy here. There have been lots of reasonable folks in this thread as well, I just find it kind of silly to base your purchasing on what tomorrow's screenshot would look like when you haven't been convinced yet. If you're not pledging at this point, I don't see why a screenshot would change your opinion.

I like speculation and I'm curious to see how this will turn out as much as anyone, but there's a difference between speculation and kneejerk reactions.

Arkeus

Arcane
Haha, of course I'm exaggerating like crazy here. There have been lots of reasonable folks in this thread as well, I just find it kind of silly to base your purchasing on what tomorrow's screenshot would look like when you haven't been convinced yet. If you're not pledging at this point, I don't see why a screenshot would change your opinion.

I like speculation and I'm curious to see how this will turn out as much as anyone, but there's a difference between speculation and kneejerk reactions.

A screenshot that look good might convince you to up your pledge, or else it might convince you to "buy it now".

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Is there, though? I mean, I first off, if the screenshot and some loose talk about cooldowns is what you have, what else would base your pledge upon?

What you've got is what you've got. So of course a discussion on the merits of MCA, cooldowns and the screenshot is going to be the basis for whether you pledge or not. Personally I pledge out of the "more fish in the sea more chances for one of them being a good RPG"-sorta logic, but I can see why people would both pledge and unpledge over small concerns, when small concerns are all we got :)

I see your point - there are kneejerk reactions in both camps that ridicoulous - but push comes to shove when there's so little info from these projects what you see is pretty much what you get, isn't it?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Step your shit up Grunker

You're above posting facebook-level memes on the Codex

the image applies - besides, what are you, the meme-police? nigga please

if anyone here should step up his shit it is you

i haven't seen you make a post with more than two sentences worth of content in anything but the lol thread since like forever

stones and glass houses mate

or shits and toilets, i forget how it goes
My posts are simple and concise. If you can't appreciate that I understand, you like D&D rules after all

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Wait, why isn't there a screenshot in the update. I thought today was thrusday. Did Obsidishit pull a VD on us?

any chance you missed the age of enlightenment? the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. but beware, the sun does not move but the world spins around its own axis which takes approximately 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4,1 seconds. furthermore the world is divided into longitudes and different time zones. i know it sounds totally crazy but the thursday morning update you've read was in fact the boring wednesday update. the screenshot will be released around 10am pacific time :P

Esquilax

Arcane
Is there, though? I mean, I first off, if the screenshot and some loose talk about cooldowns is what you have, what else would base your pledge upon?

What you've got is what you've got. So of course a discussion on the merits of MCA, cooldowns and the screenshot is going to be the basis for whether you pledge or not. Personally I pledge out of the "more fish in the sea more chances for one of them being a good RPG"-sorta logic, but I can see why people would both pledge and unpledge over small concerns, when small concerns are all we got :)

I see your point - there are kneejerk reactions in both camps that ridicoulous - but push comes to shove when there's so little info from these projects what you see is pretty much what you get, isn't it?

I think you and I just got our signals crossed and we're actually in complete agreement. Like I said, you base your pledge on faith. I look forward to all the Kickstarter updates and I browse this thread, but at the end of the day I realize that the reason I'm pledging comes down to this: "Gee, I really hope they don't fuck this up and they make something awesome."

I pledge for pretty much the same reasons you do - I reckon that it's better to invest money in hopes that good CRPG's/Adventure/whatever games are made and be a little disappointed some of the time than to write them of at all. It's as Vault Dweller said before: you're pledging money on a dream.*

* Note that this doesn't apply to a few Kickstarters like Conquistador, but it applies to most of the big ones.

Nigro

Educated
Man I wonder if they will show how much money they are making in the pay pal

catfood

AGAIN
Wait, why isn't there a screenshot in the update. I thought today was thrusday. Did Obsidishit pull a VD on us?

any chance you missed the age of enlightenment? the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. but beware, the sun does not move but the world spins around its own axis which takes approximately 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4,1 seconds. furthermore the world is divided into longitudes and different time zones. i know it sounds totally crazy but the thursday morning update you've read was in fact the boring wednesday update. the screenshot will be released around 10am pacific time :P
Bro I dunno what kinda mumbo jumbo u talkin about. Here in the glorious lands of Eastern Yurop the sun has risen for quite a while now. I don't care if it's still night in Kwalifornia, I want my screenshot so I can bitch about it dammit!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah $45 seems about right. They have been saying it will be a long game (as in BG/BGII long).

I highly doubt it will be over $29.99. The market on PC has shown you sell more at a lower price in general, plus they will look like an old game with a lower budget. While WE don't care (or even prefer it) the average buyer will. You just can't sell it for $50.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pledges went into the negative a bit and were very volatile for most of the day when that update was released.

No they didn't. Why do people keep imagining that "OMG pledges are stopping" when there's an update they don't like? It's never happened, not once.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom