Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't worry
monk173dq.png

its gonna be awesome

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I can't keep with those news rolling in so fast. :< Anyone can give me some update what happened today on this kickstarter? Last thing I know is they released a screenshot yesterday.

ravenshrike

Novice
You have to go the hippest, gayest place to get a decent baked bread in the US, take it from me.
Where do you live exactly? I've lived in 3 separate states and in each city I was in there was a decent bakery nearby, and it's not like baking your own bread is particularly difficult.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Monk looks alright. Better than Drow and Dyke at least.
To be honest I never liked the idea of Monks in High fantasy settings. I always found it hard to imagine that a guy with FISTS AND MITTENS beating up those dragons. To save him they had to give all kinds of "wisdom" bonuses... and that Paralyzing facepalm.
Monks in DnD are clearly magical, they just have internal magic.

Also, fuck you sometimes I want to role play as Bruce Lee.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, people are really struggling to come up with any questions now in the livestream...

20k likes, extra dungeon level added!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can't keep with those news rolling in so fast. :< Anyone can give me some update what happened today on this kickstarter? Last thing I know is they released a screenshot yesterday.
Someone ate Chinese food, and apparently this upsets Brazilian sensibilities.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Project manager has difficulty tampering with simple MSN options and eats chinese food for lunch.

asper

Arcane

Project manager has difficulty tampering with simple MSN options and eats chinese food for lunch.

And admitted live on camera that he reads this site every day. But FFS, just read the last couple of pages...

edit some kind of live interview coming up in 30 mins http://www.ustream.tv/channel/project-eternity-live-stream

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Obsidian ‏@Obsidian
TWENTY THOUSAND LIKES = One more level of Mega Dungeon. Achieved. New art going up on KS. Next stop 40k likes. It's a lot, but we can DO EET

Got another level of the dungeon!

I wonder what will happen with the player house if we reach the 3 million player stronghold stretch goal?

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I wonder what will happen with the player house if we reach the 3 million player stronghold stretch goal?
Keep the house in the big city and give us a stronghold out in the boonies. Just my guess but seems reasonable.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Wouldn't be surprised if they update the player house -> stronghold since it's pretty moot to have both.

asper

Arcane
Incredible how many people keep asking about multiplayer in the livesream :(

asper

Arcane
Incredible how many people keep asking about multiplayer in the livesream :(

just don't post what adam responded... THAT was the saddest part oO

Huh? He repeated "no" many times loud and clear. The first time he added some evasive stuff to the reply about "maybe doing it in the next game" just to be nice.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What, you mean the part where he said "We love multiplayer games and play them on breaks all the time, like League of Legends!"?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah but he also said that this game will be 100% singleplayer. He was pretty clear on that point.

Snerf

Learned
Did anyone just see that story in the kickstarter comments from the guy that showed up to Obsidian today?

Supposedly he thought the Livestream chat was a literal invitation to walk around the offices for the afternoon and now is pissy that they turned him away.

Bravo.

asper

Arcane
DO NOT GO TO THE OBSIDIAN OFFICE!!
In spite of this statement: "First, crowdfunding and Kickstarter has allowed us to OPEN UP OUR DOORS our doors to you, LITERALLY. TODAY you can spend a few hours with me at the Obsidian Office, and you will get an inside look into a development studio."
The only things that will literally happen if you show up, is that the doors will literally be closed and they will literally turn you away. Leaving you not-literally feeling like an ass.
I guess this is my mistake for paying such close attention to their posts. Please, don't make the mistake of taking them up on this offer. They didn't mean it this time.

Marceror 6 minutes ago
I'm not joking. I have a better than average understanding of the English language, and the post speaks to an invitation to be in their office, saying nothing about a "live stream" but instead a literal opening of their doors. What part of this post says this would be a "virtual" invitation or "live stream"

:lol: :hero:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom