Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Captain Shrek

Okay...
The last question is a troll, right?

Comment From Fight Club
Exactly what is the level of inspiration are we looking from the Infinity engine games? Is it going to be more than the pre-rendered backgrounds?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They should have just made an interview with community questions or something. This shit's slooow.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lots of clueless faggots clogging up the chat. If we spam enough GOOD questions we might get through.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NEW INFO:

Josh Sawyer said:
the other race we haven't talked about yet are called the aumaua. they are larger than humans and are found in a lot of coastal and island areas. like orlans, they look somewhat... different, but they are still a bipedal race. we're still working on their concepts (as we are with orlans), but we will show them when we feel they're in a good place.

Captain Shrek

NEW INFO:

Josh Sawyer[SIZE=4 said:
]the other race we haven't talked about yet are called the aumaua. they are larger than humans and are found in a lot of coastal and island areas. like orlans, they look somewhat... different, but they are still a bipedal race. we're still working on their concepts (as we are with orlans), but we will show them when we feel they're in a good place.[/SIZE]
Not sure, but that could be a gag.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ugh, maybe we need to appoint an official Codex copy-paster.

The person coming last should just delete his post. Like I did with all of mine when trying to be faster than you..

Jesus is that slow going. 35 minutes and only about 6 questions answered.

Maybe it's for the best, the questions aren't very inspiring anyway. No surprise, how much can you actually keep on asking about this game? They have said a lot in their updates and it's still in early planning stages..

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Josh Sawyer said:
we don't really think about things in terms of good or evil choices, but in terms of choices that a relatively sane/rational person would make with an understandable motive. sometimes it makes sense to allow players to be cruel, but it has to work in the context of what's going on. the game and its story aren't about being good or evil but deciding what values (and people, and groups) are most important to you -- and what you're willing to sacrifice to defend them.

Josh Sawyer said:
we haven't decided on the number of subraces per race, and cultures are separate from races/subraces, so that's even more up in the air. if we do have more subraces for certain races than other, it will not be by a large margin. we want to make the field of choices relatively even.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The last time I myself contacted Mr Sweet (it was a couple of months before though) he said he is already involved in a larger project IIRC - have to dig for that email. Maybe the situation has changed now though, I would LOVE to see his artwork in the game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Josh Sawyer said:
we don't really think about things in terms of good or evil choices, but in terms of choices that a relatively sane/rational person would make with an understandable motive. sometimes it makes sense to allow players to be cruel, but it has to work in the context of what's going on. the game and its story aren't about being good or evil but deciding what values (and people, and groups) are most important to you -- and what you're willing to sacrifice to defend them.
Beautiful.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Josh Sawyer said:
Beautiful.

Mastermind's gonna shit himself with anger

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
They have said a lot in their updates

and there are still a lot of imbeciles out there not getting the basics... will there be guns? is it first person? does kickstarter mean that the game will be for free for everyone? will hit points really regenerate rapidly during combat? because that's what i read! hurr durr...

Cynic

Arcane
Monk looks alright. Better than Drow and Dyke at least.
To be honest I never liked the idea of Monks in High fantasy settings. I always found it hard to imagine that a guy with FISTS AND MITTENS beating up those dragons. To save him they had to give all kinds of "wisdom" bonuses... and that Paralyzing facepalm.
Monks in DnD are clearly magical, they just have internal magic.

Also, fuck you sometimes I want to roll play as Bruce Lee.
Then play a good fighting game like Tekken 2 or something. There is Forrest Law there (or was it still Marshall Law?).

There were both (I think).

Monk is fine, though I never played a PnP game in an edition of D&D when they existed. They are just some magical bros who channel all their power through their body. I learnt Kung Fu for a few years and honestly, I am a very typical non spiritual, atheistic, scientifically minded person but the Chi stuff felt very real to me. Fittest I have ever been as well and that came from just standing in stance, doing forms, and light sparring. The abs just appeared. There is some kind of way of channeling power through your body, if you choose to extend that to attacking other people, you can become a lethal weapon yourself.

I guess you oppose them in the setting, but fucking hell there is so much weird shit in there, the Asian influence stuff can be quite cool if done right.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
meanwhile THIS guy got his official invitation from obsidian to lurk around...

THIS guy said:
Darren from Obsidian apologized in the main comments section, and invited me back next week for a tour if I so desire. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom