Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They should have given him a tour of the office since he showed up.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
318434-red-shirt-guy.jpg

probably cut from the same cloth as that nerdlinger.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
That was probably the call he got in middle of the livestream :D

"Here's some crazy guy wanting the tour around the offices? did you promise them that?"

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
last8daysdiff.png

Look at those amounts! I think we're already in the ending rush!
They needed 140k for the last 5 full kickstarter days (assuming 100k paypal in total) , this kickstarter day ends in 3 hours and and they made 117k up to now. For 6k per hour it would end at 135k, if they can keep the
steam for the last 4 days 3500k seems pretty doable.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
That was probably the call he got in middle of the livestream :D

"Here's some crazy guy wanting the tour around the offices? did you promise them that?"

:lol: That WAS a strange call. Adam seemed quite surprised and said only.. ".... No. ...... No. Thanks, bye." in between long pauses.

Captain Shrek

They seem to be gunning for 10 levels.
The slave collar guy is probably holding something in his hands originally. Yeah. It could be a bust. I wonder of who. The masters would not make statues of the slaves, only the slaves would after they were freed.

Snerf

Learned
Marceror 1 minute ago
I only got to see the receptionist, who made a couple of phone calls, told me she was sorry and that a literal visit hadn't been the intent, and made it clear that I was done there.
Literally, probably has a shrine in his closet and licks Tim Cain's window while he sleeps.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So it WAS the call!

edit
That said, until someone can explain to me where the livestream, virtual visit was specified I will maintain that Obsidian invited people to enter a literally open door at their office. I'm sure it was an honest mistake on their part, but if so, the post was poorly worded. Check the definition of the word "literal" if you can't see it from my point of view.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From PC Gamer live chat:

Josh Sawyer said:
Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath are a very small part of the overall world. The entire map that's show on our KS page is an area maybe a little smaller than Spain. In terms of Project Eternity, you will be spending your time exploring in and around Dyrwood and Eir Glanfath (though not necessarily all of it :))

Snerf

Learned
10 bucks that guy showing up is why Adam kept stressing how exact you need to make the wording of the Kickstarter messages.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh Sawyer said:
We will have very little level scaling and almost entirely in critical path areas since there's a lot of variability in when players approach them. Especially when it comes to optional content and general exploration, there will be no level-scaling. In this regard, Fallout: New Vegas might be a fair comparison.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sawyer in chat said:
We will have very little level scaling and almost entirely in critical path areas since there's a lot of variability in when players approach them. Especially when it comes to optional content and general exploration, there will be no level-scaling. In this regard, Fallout: New Vegas might be a fair comparison.

EDIT: I need to stop doing this drunk, there is no matching Infinitron's vile Jewish cunning

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
live chat? feels like they're sending letters around the world... also the questions so far are fucking retarded :D

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Nut who visited Obsidian said:
Hopefully they don't see a fan and a financial backer of their project as merely a random person. I mean, I was clean, showered, and polite. I probably could have made their days sharing about my enthusiasm for their project. But again, it is what it is. At least I got back home before Friday traffic started kicking up.

This is the kind of mentality that scares me, lotta backers seem to think they're owed the world for their backing, hence the seemingly endless stream of moronic suggestions/ideas on the Obsidian board and the Kickstarter comment section. I really, really hope Obsidian don't take these people too seriously.=(

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The level scaling in New Vegas was horrible - supposedly " hard " encounters like the band of Rangers following you around that are supposedly "scary, tough motherfuckers" with crappy tier 0 revolvers spawning until you magically level up and suddenly they have another "tier" of weapons. This was easily recognizable and fucking annoying.

Snerf

Learned
10 bucks that guy showing up is why Adam kept stressing how exact you need to make the wording of the Kickstarter messages.
Well the gud did get an invite for the next week, persistence gives results.

Well yeah, it take a little time to gather restraints and charge tasers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom