Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Fuck me for reading that topic. I wish I could just reach through the monitor and strangle those idiots. "oh my, the green shirt girl must have been traumatized for life" FUCK YOU! The girl was enjoying the whole party.

It's also funny that with this "apology" (lol) the OP is implying that the folks at Obsidian never got exposed to the Internet or any "rude" commentary before, treating them like little kids.
When I read some of the comments in this thread I wonder how some people manage to survive each day.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dear Obsidian Ladies, I'm sorry a bunch of perverted neckbeards on the internet whom you will never have to see or interact with again think you're hot. I know it must have been traumatic for you. Now that I've defended you, please take your top off.

Actually, the chat did become pretty pathetic after a while when the whole thing was just "GREEN SHIRT GIRL TAKE YOUR TOP OFF", but it was more sad than offensive.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I've noticed that people who are drumming for romances and "real emotions" apparently thinks that real emotions equals to overly melodramatic and overblown "I HAVE PERSONAL PROBLEMS!" relationship crap.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61705-this-supposed-14-level-megadungeon/

14 levels is too damn long.

Really, you plucked a number out of the air based simply on how many people donated to your game? That's a stupid design decision! I'm going to get sick of playing level after level of dungeon. You aren't making Diablo or Torchlight!

Even Dragon's Eye was nowhere near 14 levels - and it managed to stay fun and fresh because of it.

Please, please, do something to break up the monotony of such a concept! Maybe have the second half of the dungeon only accessible by the second half of the game or something - I don't know... do something to fix what seems a really silly decision!

P.S. I will admit I liked the concept art for the megadungeon, so clearly you guys do plan to mix it up a bit, but I'm still highly sceptical.

EDIT: To clarify: Obsidian makes deep, intellectual, thoughtful RPGs, often with great combat elements. They do not make hack and slash action RPG Diablo clones. We have great games for that already, such as Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

Kill yourself. :hero:

This forum is a fucking goldmine. Was it always that bad?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Aaaand they deleted my response. Maybe I shouldn't have called the guy an idiot. :roll:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Aaaand they deleted my response. Maybe I should have called the guy an idiot. :roll:

Don't worry, I didn't even get an activation email for the forum account, maybe it's for the better that it didn't work. (yes I checked my spam folder)

Talk about bugs in Obsidian products....

:yeah:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Aaaand they deleted my response. Maybe I should have called the guy an idiot. :roll:

Don't worry, I didn't even get an activation email for the forum account, maybe it's for the better that it didn't work. (yes I checked my spam folder)

It took some time with friend to arrive, did you try just to register?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

It took some time with friend to arrive, did you try just to register?

Yeah I registred just some 20 minutes or so before so that I could reply to that white-knight thread I linked some posts before.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

They locked that topic anyway. End of Rine.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

:lol:

The sad truth is that Obsidrones and biodrones are mostly the same people.

The only pure race are Codexians.
It's a shame half of us are Race Traitors, then.

:oops:

Who is Mrakvampire? I start off wanting to troll him and get him angry, but in the end, reading his retardation only makes me angry. Happens every time I see him post. Dammit.

:x

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

:lol:

The sad truth is that Obsidrones and biodrones are mostly the same people.

The only pure race are Codexians.
It's a shame half of us are Race Traitors, then.

:oops:

Who is Mrakvampire? I start off wanting to troll him and get him angry, but in the end, reading his retardation only makes me angry. Happens every time I see him post. Dammit.

:x

He and that other guy Rahelron are at the moment the most annoying fucktards in Obsidian Forums.

:mob:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh Rahelron is precious. Yesterday he tried to explain to me that the romance thread was just for romance fans. When I pulled the relevant quote from the mods he didn't even reply. Hehe.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This is why I typically don't read or participate in drone forums. At the Codex (and No Mutants Allowed, to proffer another example), imbeciles aren't protected from criticism by site staff and either slink away eventually, or become cute mascots/ignore list fodder. (I just registered here, but I've been lurking for ages.)

That's why I had to quit using RPGnet a couple of years back. Feminists and spergs are protected classes allowed to vomit forth whatever stream-of-consciousness garbage they please at any time, while moderates and/or egalitarians eventually get banned for being literally Hitler.

Fortunately, no one — least of all the developers at Obsidian, I suspect — gives a shit what the kind of people who populate those sorts of threads have to say.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I just tried to go to the Obsidian forums to catch up with the romance threads, but I accidentally clicked on the Codex in my speed dial instead. Three times in a row.
Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me something. :M

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
You're beginning to suffer from dementia?

Don't read romance threads or you might end up like me!
15_4_122.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61632-chris-avellone-playing-arcanum/page__st__20#entry1247045

Not sure I like Chris that much, no offense. It was originally quoted that he'd play at 3.6 than it was changed to 4.0. He also stated on Ustream that it would not be a full play-through which I don't care about. I think one of my biggest worries with this guy is if he doesn't want something there's a 99% chance it won't be in the game. Now the rest of the team I love, but i'm a little iffy on that Chris guy.

:mca:

Arkeus

Arcane
What's the opinion of the codex on SoZ? It got a lot of haters in quite a few forums, but i must say that for what it was i found it very nice, and also a very unique CRPG experience.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
It's a combat-focused game on an engine that makes combat unbearable. The overland map is great, the trading addition nice if not properly fleshed out, the dungeons are definitely too small (as in one chamber). If SoZ had been made on infinity engine, it would have been great; as it is, I liked it but raged hard due to engine.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's the opinion of the codex on SoZ? It got a lot of haters in quite a few forums, but i must say that for what it was i found it very nice, and also a very unique CRPG experience.

Initially mocked, but its reputation has been somewhat rehabilitated over the years. Notable for being probably the last PC-exclusive "AAA" single player RPG ever released.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61...shipromance-thread/page__st__280#entry1250475

Unfortunately a lot of the people opposed to romance believe they are the "true old school gamers" who speak for everyone else regarding how Project Eternity should turn out.

Completely overlooking the flaming and condescending remarks made by these people, even terms like, "wish fulfillment" bother me, wanting romance to be a part of the social interaction in the game isn't anymore wish fulfillment than wanting a certain class, combat to work a certain way (ex; attacks of opportunity), certain types of spell mechanics, etc. The difference being they plainly said they want an incredibly well written, mature story, which to me includes romance.

I guess time will tell, though.

CgrMo.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom