Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cynic: You know, I think that's an excellent idea.

Edit: another gem

Mechanics that allow for angry sex

Is it too late for me to petition for angry furry sex romances that are unavoidable and forced on the player? Because at this point...
Fuck those people, I'm out.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Have they explicitly said that the mega dungeon will be part of the official release? What they could do, is add it as a free DLC type thing after the main game has been fully completed. So this would just be like an add-on or something, of course funded by the KS money and free to all, but perhaps not eating into the main development of the game too much.

THAT would honestly be the best choice for Obsidian. The uh... retarded masses would however scream in anguish. But then again they did NOT ever specifically state it WAS an official part of the main game. Just a Mega dungeon would be IN PE.

Hegel

Arcane
Gaider is just being a bro.

Considering that "Planescape: Torment" was born of Chris's hatred of fantasy tropes, I'd personally really like to see what could come of his hatred of romances. I say inundate the Project Eternity threads with romance requests until he succumbs and writes it personally, smoldering with hate the entire time.

It'll be brilliant.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'd like to see the mega dungeon filled not only with deadly traps and challenging, memorable enemies, but also with hideously complex puzzles and Minoan level design.

You can tell you're playing a really good cRPG when you can't wait to keep playing, yet must force yourself to proceed despite a crushing sense of dread. If you don't feel as though you're metaphorically feeding your penis into a meat grinder, you might be playing a console pop-a-mole game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Have they explicitly said that the mega dungeon will be part of the official release? What they could do, is add it as a free DLC type thing after the main game has been fully completed. So this would just be like an add-on or something, of course funded by the KS money and free to all, but perhaps not eating into the main development of the game too much"

Thatn would be stupid and against the whole point of the KS.

"But then again they did NOT ever specifically state it WAS an official part of the main game. Just a Mega dungeon would be IN PE"

Total bullshit Codexian faggot fukkin lie.

Obsidian stated clearly that all KS funds were emant for the actual game they plan to release. That theyw eren't gonna sue said funds for DLC or even the expansion. That would be FRAUD siince it emans they lied to get people's jewgold. That'sillegal.

But, Obsidian won't pull that crap as theya ren't the Codex. I paid for a mega dungeon. I expect itn in the game so i don't have to download fukkin' DLCs which the Codex seems to fukkin' love all of a sudden. Fuck that shit./ :x

Cynic

Arcane
Have they explicitly said that the mega dungeon will be part of the official release? What they could do, is add it as a free DLC type thing after the main game has been fully completed. So this would just be like an add-on or something, of course funded by the KS money and free to all, but perhaps not eating into the main development of the game too much.

THAT would honestly be the best choice for Obsidian. The uh... retarded masses would however scream in anguish. But then again they did NOT ever specifically state it WAS an official part of the main game. Just a Mega dungeon would be IN PE.

I agree. As long as they start some kind of blog with how they are progressing with it (with minimal details so as not to give too much away) this is just the best option. I don't see any reason to complain. The only problem would be, potentially, how do you fit the dungeon's difficulty level in with the party's overall level. I think the only way to do it really would be to make it very challenging and something that only high level parties could complete. Of course if you start a new game and have installed the add on, you can attempt to beat it at any time, but the worst thing would be if it was level scaled or even if the different levels varied in difficulty (got harder as you went down) because that would basically result in a lot of popamole and trash mobs for people who finished the game before they were able to complete the dungeon.

"Have they explicitly said that the mega dungeon will be part of the official release? What they could do, is add it as a free DLC type thing after the main game has been fully completed. So this would just be like an add-on or something, of course funded by the KS money and free to all, but perhaps not eating into the main development of the game too much"

"But then again they did NOT ever specifically state it WAS an official part of the main game. Just a Mega dungeon would be IN PE"

Obsidian stated clearly that all KS funds were emant for the actual game they plan to release. That theyw eren't gonna sue said funds for DLC or even the expansion. That would be FRAUD siince it emans they lied to get people's jewgold. That'sillegal.

But, Obsidian won't pull that crap as theya ren't the Codex. I paid for a mega dungeon. I expect itn in the game so i don't have to download fukkin' DLCs which the Codex seems to fukkin' love all of a sudden. Fuck that shit./ :x

Calm down Brolourn why is it against the point of the KS? They are still using the funds form the KS to do it, just not focusing on it right away so that we get a better main quest AND a better dungeon. Isn't that what you want? If they try to do both at the same time, one of them is going to be losing some attention that it should have gotten. It's just too big of a task.

As I said, it would be a FREE DLC because it's funded by the KS and basically part of the main game. Btw you didn't pay for a mega dungeon, you paid to crowd fund "Project Eternity" and they said they are making a mega dungeon with that funding. When they put that in the game/release it is totally up to them as long as it doesn't cost anything extra to the backers.

Finally FFS man please quote properly! Isn't it more work for you to copy/paste/add quote marks than just, you know, hit reply?!?

Balor

Arcane
Cynic, your attempts to civilize Volly are more then futile - he (though I'm not quite sure about sex of that entity) got WORSE during last few years.

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
OE never said that they would be full levels. It will be a 3 level dungeon with stairs filling the other 12 levels.

Sawyer is gonna make you his bitch! :flamesaw:

Suck it down. :mhd:

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot

I agree. As long as they start some kind of blog with how they are progressing with it (with minimal details so as not to give too much away) this is just the best option. I don't see any reason to complain. The only problem would be, potentially, how do you fit the dungeon's difficulty level in with the party's overall level. I think the only way to do it really would be to make it very challenging and something that only high level parties could complete. Of course if you start a new game and have installed the add on, you can attempt to beat it at any time, but the worst thing would be if it was level scaled or even if the different levels varied in difficulty (got harder as you went down) because that would basically result in a lot of popamole and trash mobs for people who finished the game before they were able to complete the dungeon.

Calm down Brolourn why is it against the point of the KS? They are still using the funds form the KS to do it, just not focusing on it right away so that we get a better main quest AND a better dungeon. Isn't that what you want? If they try to do both at the same time, one of them is going to be losing some attention that it should have gotten. It's just too big of a task.

As I said, it would be a FREE DLC because it's funded by the KS and basically part of the main game. Btw you didn't pay for a mega dungeon, you paid to crowd fund "Project Eternity" and they said they are making a mega dungeon with that funding. When they put that in the game/release it is totally up to them as long as it doesn't cost anything extra to the backers.

Finally FFS man please quote properly! Isn't it more work for you to copy/paste/add quote marks than just, you know, hit reply?!?
Haha, look at this noob. :mhd:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Calm down Brolourn why is it against the point of the KS? They are still using the funds form the KS to do it, just not focusing on it right away so that we get a better main quest AND a better dungeon. Isn't that what you want? If they try to do both at the same time, one of them is going to be losing some attention that it should have gotten. It's just too big of a task.""

You don't trust Obsidian's skills when tic oerms tod elivering what they said they would? Well, I do. They said we can do x for y amount of $, I fully epxect a professional company tod eliver. Why do you disrespect Obsidian so much that you feel they can't handle the task? I believe they are up for it.

I didn't pledge money for DLC, I pledge money for a game. FUCK DLC AND THE CODEXERS WHO NOW LOVE DLC!

P.S. I don'tc are if they have to 'postpone' the release date to 2016 as long as it is done as well as they humanly can do it.

"OE never said that they would be full levels. It will be a 3 level dungeon with stairs filling the other 12 levels."

Yeah, each level will be the same size as the final level in both BG mega dungeons. L0L :D just big enough to fit the final bosses. HAHA!

Each floor will just be one major monster. HA! :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"It would certainly be hilarious if they released the mega dungeon as DLC"

Hilarious in the 'I'll cut a bastard" way.

I pledged to get the game on a fancy CD in a fancy box not a lame as new age DLC. This game is supposed to be old skool not newskool. FUCK DLC FUCK DLC TO DEATH!!!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
When is Chris Avellone going to stream playing Arcanum?
We’ll be in touch soon with details on that. It might be a Holiday Special stream. Rest assured he’s going to do it - you guys hit the $4M marker!

:yeah: it's gonna be a stream.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If they're going to release the dungeon as DLC they might as well delay the entire game until the dungeon is done. I'm not going to play the game before it's complete.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Agreed. That they could do. I'm still however thinking Sawyer would more want to expand on the cultures of the world (he loves that shit) and the endless dungeon will still be a sort-of side quest that is optional.

Those don't necessarily have to be mutually exclusive, though. I think it would be brilliant if the mega-dungeon wasn't just a dungeon crawl with monsters and traps (well, that too), but it also had its own culture and ecosystem, i.e. people (such as criminals, exiles, hermits etc) living there in small communities - Ultima Underworld style. :smug:

kris

Arcane
It would certainly be hilarious if they released the mega dungeon as DLC.

It should be mentioned that DLC = DownLoadable Content is not bad by default. It is just when you have to pay for content that should be in the game. If they would make the dungeron a free DLC after release of the game then that isn't really that bad, especially if they are forward about it.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You know the really disturbing thing about that?

It was on-topic.

(This should really be in the Bio thread.)

Now for something relevant, but equally inane

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61689-i-want-to-apologize-on-behalf-of-the-internet/

Seeing the terrible harassment in the live stream comments last night made me cringe. I'd just like the Obsidian staff to know we're not all horribly misogynistic, racist, socially-stunted a-holes and we are sorry you had to see that.

Sincerely,
Hopefully the majority of your backers

Where's Surf Solar and Roguey? Have they posted their thoughts on this yet?

:smug:

Dexter

Arcane
I find myself wholeheartedly agreeing with Volourn. This is... weird. o_O
He's being retarded though, remember "Trials of the Luremaster" from circa 2001, which was a free dungeon/combat experience for Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter?
http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/iwd/info/luremaster/
Yeah, that was a free "DLC", called "Extension" at that time before Microsoft popularized "DLC" in 2003.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Now for something relevant, but equally inane

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61689-i-want-to-apologize-on-behalf-of-the-internet/

Seeing the terrible harassment in the live stream comments last night made me cringe. I'd just like the Obsidian staff to know we're not all horribly misogynistic, racist, socially-stunted a-holes and we are sorry you had to see that.

Sincerely,

I'm not a backer so I don't really care, heh. But it's good to know how easily one can step into the "omg you misogonyst!11" trap, a lesson I already learned with my own games demo.

The funniest thing is, that it's mostly not even women who cry out for this stuff, but males. :retarded:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Sincerely,

Fuck me for reading that topic. I wish I could just reach through the monitor and strangle those idiots. "oh my, the green shirt girl must have been traumatized for life" FUCK YOU! The girl was enjoying the whole party.

Quoting my response in that topic, in case they delete it:

It was... Painful. And shameful. If I was the "green shirt girl", I'd have been traumatized for life.
It is because you are an idiot sir. Traumatized for life? ROFL. Everybody enjoyed the party (yes, even the green shirt girl). Are you out of your mind? Tramuatized? I'm sorry, I can't get over this. Do you think everyone is such a little flower like you, who is traumatized when the wind blows him a little? You cried yourself to sleep that night, didn't you?

This topic made my head hurt. Grown up people don't get offended when a noname kid says something bad on the internet. You will learn that someday.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom