Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
It looks like MCA is having an arm grow out of his head. It seems to be causing much pain.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that we need to put up with you, dumbass.

Come on dude. There is an ignore button RIGHT OVER THIS POST. Press it to get rid of annoyance.
Nah. I'm interested in you opinion in general, I won't ignore you just because I don't agree with you about PE. I don't ignore anyone to be honest. Well, except Skyway, but he really is .....unbearable.

kris

Arcane
MCA orgasm face

22nb6.jpg

Only a Codexer would notice MCA on that picture.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Those women clearly posses degenerate features. Do not let them soil your seed withe poor genes. Please.

ravenshrike

Novice
Sawyer defended OE's decision not to have NWN2OC filled with all sorts of romances. Biodrones were especially disappointed that you can't cure Neeshka of her trust issues through PC's magical dick.
Except Neeshka was always meant to be a romance but that was removed along with several quests for her and other companions due to time constraints. Which is too bad because the interaction between her and the CSEB(crazy stalker elf bitch) would have been interesting.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember Bishop having some dialogue lines that looked suspiciously like romance options. And he stays with you when you decide to betray everyone.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
UPDATE: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts/330758

Update #27: How’d we do, and what’s next?

Update #27 · Oct. 17, 2012

Well hello everyone! It’s the day after our Kickstarter here at Obsidian, and while a few of us are a little rough around the edges right now, we’re already busy working on Project Eternity!
In this update, we’ll go through a number of frequently asked questions we’ve received in the last day or so. If you have any problems with anything, please always feel free to head over to our forums, or reach us on Facebook, Twitter, or via support@obsidian.net.

So… onward!

Kickstarter and PayPal Stats

So as of about 1:30 PM PDT, here’s where we stand funding-wise:

Kickstarter
Backers: 73,986
Pledged: $3,986,929

PayPal
Backers: 3,681
Pledged: $176,279

Totals
Backers: 77,667
Pledged: $4,163,208

Stretch Goals

So that means we hit the 4M stretch goal, right?

Yes!

How do PayPal backers affect the Mega Dungeon size?

It counts toward the Mega Dungeon! We hit fourteen (14!!!!) levels!

Will Facebook Likes still count to a larger dungeon?

Yes, for now they do! Come like us quickly and maybe we can hit the 40,000 likes for one last dungeon level. But it’s for a limited time, so… like us! Please note: If you clicked Like on our Eternity home page, that doesn’t qualify – we need likes on Obsidian’s Facebook page!

Kickstarter / Amazon Payments / PayPal

OK, so now what happens? If you backed us on Kickstarter, Amazon will begin processing payments and will contact you. This process takes place over a period of 14 days. If you encounter any problems with this process, never fear about losing your pledge. We’ll work with you to work out any payment issues so you don’t lose out as long as you were a part of the crowdfunding phase.

Once payments are taken care of, we’ll start collecting information from you guys, and we’ll do that a few times. More info on that below. If you backed us on PayPal, and everything went through OK, sit back and relax and we’ll be in touch soon!

Speaking of PayPal, I noticed PayPal tiers are still up. Will I get the same rewards for the tiers if I donate now?

Yes! For as long as we have the listed options available onhttp://eternity.obsidian.net, you’ll get the same rewards. This is for a very limited time though, so don’t delay if you’re going to get in on Project Eternity!

Oh no, I don’t think I added shipping! How do I add international shipping?

There’s two ways to handle international shipping. You can:

1) Go to http://eternity.obsidian.net:
  • Along the right side, choose the Donate button under the “Donate Your Own Amount” section. It’s at the bottom of the Tiers just before Addons.
  • On PayPal in the Donation Amount field, enter the desired amount and click Update Total.
  • On the “please review your donation” screen, click the Add special instructions for Obsidian link. Describe what your donation is for (international shipping, top up, etc.)
  • Change any other relevant details and then click the Donate USD Now button.
2) Hang tight for now. Once we get all of the information from PayPal and Kickstarter and then get it organized, we’ll be reviewing each and every order to make sure we know how you want your funds allocated. We’ll handle that directly with you via e-mail (please make sure the e-mail you used on Kickstarter or PayPal is accessible to you! If you have any concerns about that, e-mail us at support@obsidian.net)

I would actually like to upgrade to another tier – can/how do I do that?

For a very limited time, you can use the process described above in “How do I add international shipping” and specify to us what you would like to do. You can do this even if you first contributed to Kickstarter. Just include the difference. (Disclaimer: This does not apply to tiers that were sold out.)

Video Streams

Where can I see Adam’s Icewind Dale II playthough?

Unfortunately it’s not available.

Where can I see the D&D game?

We are looking at putting this up on YouTube or another video streaming site for your… “enjoyment”. More on that soon!

Where can I see the last few hours of the party stream?

Swing by Twitch TV at http://www.twitch.tv...ian/b/335806140

When is Chris Avellone going to stream playing Arcanum?

We’ll be in touch soon with details on that. It might be a Holiday Special stream. Rest assured he’s going to do it - you guys hit the $4M marker!

What’s the next step?

OK so now what?

First, come sign up on our Forums if you haven’t already. That’s going to be the best place to connect with us throughout the development of the game. We’ll also be up on Facebookand Twitter too. Backer badges will start rolling out in the next few weeks. If you have any problems signing up on our forums (our anti-spam can be rather aggressive sometimes, we apologize!), e-mail us over at support@obsidian.net and we’ll get you all set up.

A survey will be coming in the next few weeks to ask you how you want to allocate funds. For those of you who are getting physical goods, before we ship anything, we will notify you and reconfirm at that time to make sure we have the latest physical address on file.

If you have any other questions, feel free to swing by the forums or e-mail us!

Fulfillment

Some of you have been wondering how we will be offering keys for the game. You will be able to select one of the choices below for each key:

Steam: Steam currently supports Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. We will be offering you a SteamPlay key. This means with one key, you can play the game on any supported platform of your choice! The Steam version will also offer in-game achievements and we are going to look at adding Steam cloud support for an even better multi-platform experience. Please note that Steam uses DRM (digital rights management) however. DRM comes with this platform and is not something we can disable. If you want a DRM-free option, please see GOG.com below.

GOG.com: We will be offering DRM-free options based on the platforms that GOG supports at the time of us shipping the game. Currently, this means you only have a Windows DRM-free option, but apparently some big news for Mac users is coming… tonight, and hopefully good news for Linux users too down the road.

You may have noticed that there isn’t a DRM-free Linux version listed; that’s true today, but by the time we launch, we’ll have one available.

Thanks again everyone, and we’ll be in touch!

Update from Darren Monahan

FORUMS: Discuss Update 27 on our official forum thread!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sawyer defended OE's decision not to have NWN2OC filled with all sorts of romances. Biodrones were especially disappointed that you can't cure Neeshka of her trust issues through PC's magical dick.
Except Neeshka was always meant to be a romance but that was removed along with several quests for her and other companions due to time constraints. Which is too bad because the interaction between her and the CSEB(crazy stalker elf bitch) would have been interesting.
Also Bishop was to be a romance option. Instead the paladin was retained.
Actually, while I've seen time constraints cited, I've also read Sawyer say that he thought it'd be unfitting/unsuitable to have the Neeshka romance and as such retired it.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alright, anti-romance guys.

You will never win this debate. Let me rephrase that. You will only win it because the Devs in this case are on your side. Your arguments are irrelevant (plot and theme and seriousness) for these people with whom you are arguing.

Pretty much. The best you people can do is link them to some erotic visual novels and hope they realize it's more suited to their tastes.

But that's the point, isn't it? It will enrage the Biodrone fags more to see that we, the minority, will win in the end, while their clamor for furry buttsex will go unheeded. The only real requirement is that we keep making ourselves heard and seen. We'll never change those idiots, they lack the basic cognitive functions and development necessary for studied self reflection and critique, but we can taste their delicious tears when they realise they'll never see what the female character at the bottom of the dungeon looks like without her magical face mask.

Arkeus

Arcane
only 15000 more likes on facebook for another level ;)
And it should be 15 levels anyway, given the backers numbers.

I just read the update and that's the first thing I thought.

Damn math how does it work.
Maybe those few beers affected me worse than I thought... I'll have to look into the number of levels! Stay tuned - we'll get that all sorted!

...and sorted. FIFTEEN LEVELS!!! YEAH!

Woohoo

Cynic

Arcane
Fucking retarded sexless fucks always ruin it for everyone else. And for FUCK's sake, you want a hot green shirt girl, HERE is a hot green shirt girl, get some fucking taste

28.jpg

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MCA orgasm face

22nb6.jpg

Green shirt girl? I'd much rather be spraying my jism over the chick with glasses! :bounce:

True but still only 15 000 more likes and we are at level 16 :)

Come on you bastards. Just take the time to sign up with a bullshit fecesbook account: 'arsebanditdicklicka' and the like and give a fucking like! Let's make this bitch like Diablo!

jewboy

Arbiter
What are you on about, Cynic? Just because that girl is hot doesn't mean Nicole is ugly. She wasn't ugly. She was just barely, marginally attractive and she was the only chick there even slightly worth ogling. I will admit that any comments about the other females were ridiculous though. Total ugly/fat skanks. Christ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom