Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What I learned from watching the stream yesterday:

I wish I was drinking buddies with MCA.

Tim Cain seems super chill, and I could imagine spending hours just talking about RPG mechanics with him.

Josh Sawyer hates people.

There are some surprising hot women working at Obsidian. Once again Obsidian > Bioware.

Anonymous people on the internet will say stupid and/or inappropriate things, oh wait I didn't learn that at all since it's been common knowledge for 20 years.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Someone need to FRAPS that steam-stuff, seems it usually happens when I'm asleep already :( really want to see MCA getting killed by wolves right after heading down from zeppelin in Arcanum.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
9093.jpg
BioWare! Get in here immediately!

9095.jpg
Yes my master.
There are not enough brofists in the world for this!:bro::excellent:

This is bullshit, as my post was clearly funnier.

:butthurt:

Edited for shitposting

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
9093.jpg
BioWare! Get in here immediately!
9095.jpg
What is thy bidding my Mater?

9093.jpg
What is this... Project Eternal... kickstarter... thing?

9095.jpg
Oh Master, years ago we made this game called Baldur's Gate and then basically stopped making these kinds of games to make them more next gen and on consoles and in 3D, to enhance the cinem...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP!

9095.jpg

9093.jpg
Who the hell is this Obsidian? Did we ever work with them?

9095.jpg
Oh yes Master, they once came before your greatness and proposed making a new classic cRPG Ultima series but you in your infinite and evil wisdom laughed at them and shut the door in their face. Since the marketing department found that classi...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP! Oh yes.,,,,, I remember them. That...Feargus fellow. Classic games! HA!

9093.jpg
Now let me think..... what do we have at our disposal? Hmm......

9093.jpg
What great and evil power (besides my own) do we have that can shatter minds and...

9095.jpg
There is but ONE my mas...

9093.jpg
OH. MY. GO...

9095.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9093.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9095.jpg
M my lord. Releasing such horror would basically destroy this entire proj...

9093.jpg
BioWare! Make it so! CLOSE THE ROMANCE FORUMS!

9095.jpg
Yes my master.
This makes me sad that I can't brofist on this thread. :(

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Dont wanna burst your bubble, but romances or "adult romantic interations" as i think it was put in the interview are confirmed to be in the game.

Also, you underestimate what a romance between characters can do from a storytelling perspective, Dialogue & Inner party "banter" was what made "old-school" RPGs for me. Thats Why BG & FO are my favorite RPGs of all time.

Why all of those idiots think mature relationships = romances?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Dont wanna burst your bubble, but romances or "adult romantic interations" as i think it was put in the interview are confirmed to be in the game.

Also, you underestimate what a romance between characters can do from a storytelling perspective, Dialogue & Inner party "banter" was what made "old-school" RPGs for me. Thats Why BG & FO are my favorite RPGs of all time.

Because they are sad and retarded ?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

It's because they think that when they'll finely get some booty* they will be all mature and grown-up.

they won't.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
BTW you should all PM Tigranes over at the forums to tell him your issues with Tale or any other mods. People say Tigranes is a bro but I suspect he is just the minion assigned to spy on us.

If he can help reign in the other mods it will prove his bro-hood.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
Josh Sawyer hates people.

oh, come one... why all this picking on josh? he even announced that this would happen.
he simply ain't one of the party folk and he's not alone. brian menze played the whole time with that plastic leg; that rabbi kaffeepott just stand there kissing his cup; that other dude browsed reddit almost the whole time; scott just stand there and did nothing, justin too. admittedly they laughed/smiled more often compared to josh, but that's him. he's more of an introverted guy and probably needs his closest friends around to really feel relaxed. all those fucking comments about his mood made it even worse.

despite the fact that he doesn't like parties he showed up and that's worth a :bro:

@suejak: your comment was hilarious :D

SwiftCrack

Arcane
BTW the first time the kid entered (the one that wanted to become president lol) it was alright, it made for some funny moments atleast.

Grimlorn

Arcane
BTW you should all PM Tigranes over at the forums to tell him your issues with Tale or any other mods. People say Tigranes is a bro but I suspect he is just the minion assigned to spy on us.

Agree, I'm tired of dealing with Tale. Deletes my posts and other codexers but leaves the romance crowd to make all the passive agressive insults about people against them they want. I might get banned because I'm arguing with Tale again for PMing me. Only mod who keeps PMing me about my posts, probably only one deleting them too.

Over 100 people in that damn thread. All from Bioware because that romance section got shut down. Thread is moving a lot faster than it ever did before.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Agree, I'm tired of dealing with Tale. Deletes my posts and other codexers but leaves the romance crowd to make all the passive agressive insults about people against them they want. I might get banned because I'm arguing with Tale again for PMing me. Only mod who keeps PMing me about my posts, probably only one deleting them too.

Over 100 people in that damn thread. All from Bioware because that romance section got shut down. Thread is moving a lot faster than it ever did before.

What was so bad you posted that he/she deleted?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Well, someone keeps deleting my abrasive off topic posts too, but without even the courtesy of chewing me over the PM system. I am sad.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
oberjaeger said:
Hoverdog said:
oberjaeger said:
If we get a Stronghold, maybe we'll get a Lady/Lord to marry as well?

Maybe you can decide to have encounters (as in the Witcher) as well.

And you children start as PC in PE2.

And they meet the unclaimed children from you affairs from PE1...
now I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling. bsn version of Poe's law.

Why, serious of course, can't see any trolling..
blink.png

oh for fucks sake :x

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Tale deletes anything he thinks is combative. Of course since he thinks everything but unicorns and lollipops are combative he deletes a lot of shit.

And he is not to happy with the sexual imaginary behind lollipops. Once he works it out in his head they may be out as well.

Grimlorn

Arcane

I just posted that I found it suspect that this thread is full of a bunch of people asking for romances after Bioware forums were closed and how they got their forums closed. Made a comment "We don't want your kind around here." as a kind of joke and entire post was deleted. Could have edited out that sentence if they wanted to. I don't see anything wrong with not wanting people who got the romance section shut down in their forums due to arguing around.

Also made a post after that showing how there were over 100 people in the thread and had to be from Bioware and they'll just continue to pollute the thread and forums like they did over at Bioware that got those forums shut down.

I don't remember what the other codexers posted, but it was pretty tame.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

I just posted that I found it suspect that this thread is full of a bunch of people asking for romances after Bioware forums were closed and how they got their forums closed. Made a comment "We don't want your kind around here." as a kind of joke and entire post was deleted. Could have edited out that sentence if they wanted to. I don't see anything wrong with not wanting people who got the romance section shut down in their forums due to arguing around.

Also made a post after that showing how there were over 100 people in the thread and had to be from Bioware and they'll just continue to pollute the thread and forums like they did over at Bioware that got those forums shut down.

Wtf, their mod-team is in shambles. We need someone like Brother None there as a mod.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grimlorn
If it makes you happy, some post of people complaining about me making fun of Biodrones also got deleted, although that was probably because with my posts they made zero sense.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
My post about unrequited tranny love was deleted.

Also my post about lizardman sex.

Also my post about ogre endowment.

Also my posy about STDs. That one hurt because they were in Wastleand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom