Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Bioware closed the romance section of their forums, so the Biodrones have nowhere to go. :(

I am now 100% convinced that EA did that as sabotage to try and ruin the PE Kickstarter.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I never understood the need to have a bunch of party romances in these games. Its wierd to look at your entire party as potential sexual conquests. It might be better if you could initiate romances with other npcs though (some tavern wench, or a noblewoman, etc). That way those of us who don't like that sorta thing can completely ignore it.

The IE folks do love their romances though. Theres a ton of BG2 mods just made for romancing everyone from halflings to Imoen (your sister).
Next-gen romance (You've heard it here first!!!), the pinnacle of inclusiveness: you will have the ability to romance all your followers at the same time and not have them get pissy that you're romancing someone else - HAREM, mothafucka'!!!!!!

Phelot

Arcane
Yeah, romances in games is really an interesting phenomenon. You hear people claiming they literally won't play a game they can't romance in. If someone had said 12 years ago the future of RPGs is romance, I would have never believed them, but now it appears to be as important as point and click character movement.

Shevek

Arcane
I never understood the need to have a bunch of party romances in these games. Its wierd to look at your entire party as potential sexual conquests. It might be better if you could initiate romances with other npcs though (some tavern wench, or a noblewoman, etc). That way those of us who don't like that sorta thing can completely ignore it.

The IE folks do love their romances though. Theres a ton of BG2 mods just made for romancing everyone from halflings to Imoen (your sister).
Next-gen romance (You've heard it here first!!!), the pinnacle of inclusiveness: you will have the ability to romance all your followers at the same time and not have them get pissy that you're romancing someone else - HAREM, mothafucka'!!!!!!

Why not? Your party can adventure through the land spreading magical venereal disease from kingdom to kingdom. That still sounds better to me than a bunch of crappy party romances.

Arkeus

Arcane
At least we can trust MCA and Ziets that they won't do Bioware-romances.

Fixed.
Out of the three, Sawyer has expressed the most contempt for Bioware-style romances. Just sayin'.

I wonder why MCA and Ziets don't feel the need to ;) considering their portfolio.

What has Sawyer done with romance? He did mention NWN2OC, though in that case Ziets has done MOTB, and even in NWN2 the romances were thanksfully low-key.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Sawyer defended OE's decision not to have NWN2OC filled with all sorts of romances. Biodrones were especially disappointed that you can't cure Neeshka of her trust issues through PC's magical dick.

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Why not? Your party can adventure through the land spreading magical venereal disease from kingdom to kingdom. That still sounds better to me than a bunch of crappy party romances.
That could be even a game mechanic: use the party members as a biological weapon incubator by using them to create devious venereal diseases and then have them go in towns, have sex with the agents of your enemies and infect these organizations using that attack vector. Read this gold nugget: Greg Egan's The Moral Virologist. That's the shit right there!

Captain Shrek

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Elanee romance was just there to troll players. So you can romance the woman- ... except she's a horrible freak that stalked you since you were a baby and watched you like a mother your entire life. Typical Obsidian.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
The Elanee romance was just there to troll players. So you can romance the woman- ... except she's a horrible freak that stalked you since you were a baby and watched you like a mother your entire life. Typical Obsidian.

Wait a minute, so it's not normal for people to pursue a romantic relationship with their mothers?

I...I...I've been lied to.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I dunno, I think having friendships possibly leading to romances is perfectly reasonable. I mean anytime groups of people travel or work together for long periods of time, that kind of shit happens. In fact, we need look no further than Green Shirt Girl. Wasn't she an Obsidian romance option that got picked up by that guy standing next to her in the live stream? Didn't that Annie person who used to post here get picked up through a romance option by Brian Mitsoda? I think the problem comes from people who fap to their own work like Gaider and the fanboys who want to lick his cum off Felicia Day. I can take or leave em, but I think including romances is reasonable in some ways. I'd personally like to LARP a loser who misses out on the hot chicks in my party as they get picked up by other party members. With the Adventurers Hall, I can simply rage replace those bitches with well behaved slaves of my own making.

Arkeus

Arcane
Indeed. You could definitely romance Elanee, but i doubt many people would find that a achievement. :troll:

Yeah, romances in games is really an interesting phenomenon. You hear people claiming they literally won't play a game they can't romance in. If someone had said 12 years ago the future of RPGs is romance, I would have never believed them, but now it appears to be as important as point and click character movement.

:bro:

Yeah, it's really sad what it has come to. You must roleplay a romance. Otherwise it's not an rpg. :roll:

Arkeus

Arcane
I didn't know NWN2 had romances... :oops:
You have to work quite hard to unlock them, and then you whimper in terror (Elanee and Bishop were the romances, and the most you could do with Bishop is make him run away).

EDIT: There is a pretty well done 'recap' of all information known over at sorcerers

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
9093.jpg
BioWare! Get in here immediately!
9095.jpg
What is thy bidding my Master?

9093.jpg
What is this... Project Eternal... kickstarter... thing?

9095.jpg
Oh Master, years ago we made this game called Baldur's Gate and then basically stopped making these kinds of games to make them more next gen and on consoles and in 3D, to enhance the cinem...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP!

9095.jpg

9093.jpg
Who the hell is this Obsidian? Did we ever work with them?

9095.jpg
Oh yes Master, they once came before your greatness and proposed making a new classic cRPG Ultima series but you in your infinite and evil wisdom laughed at them and shut the door in their face. Since the marketing department found that classi...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP! Oh yes.,,,,, I remember them. That...Feargus fellow. Classic games! HA!

9093.jpg
Now let me think..... what do we have at our disposal? Hmm......

9093.jpg
What great and evil power (besides my own) do we have that can shatter minds and...

9095.jpg
There is but ONE my mas...

9093.jpg
OH. MY. GO...

9095.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9093.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9095.jpg
M my lord. Releasing such horror would basically destroy this entire proj...

9093.jpg
BioWare! Make it so! CLOSE THE ROMANCE FORUMS!

9095.jpg
Yes my master.

skuphundaku

Patron
9093.jpg
BioWare! Get in here immediately!
9095.jpg
What is thy bidding my Mater?

9093.jpg
What is this... Project Eternal... kickstarter... thing?

9095.jpg
Oh Master, years ago we made this game called Baldur's Gate and then basically stopped making these kinds of games to make them more next gen and on consoles and in 3D, to enhance the cinem...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP!

9095.jpg

9093.jpg
Who the hell is this Obsidian? Did we ever work with them?

9095.jpg
Oh yes Master, they once came before your greatness and proposed making a new classic cRPG Ultima series but you in your infinite and evil wisdom laughed at them and shut the door in their face. Since the marketing department found that classi...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP! Oh yes.,,,,, I remember them. That...Feargus fellow. Classic games! HA!

9093.jpg
Now let me think..... what do we have at our disposal? Hmm......

9093.jpg
What great and evil power (besides my own) do we have that can shatter minds and...

9095.jpg
There is but ONE my mas...

9093.jpg
OH. MY. GO...

9095.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9093.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9095.jpg
M my lord. Releasing such horror would basically destroy this entire proj...

9093.jpg
BioWare! Make it so! CLOSE THE ROMANCE FORUMS!

9095.jpg
Yes my master.
There are not enough brofists in the world for this!:bro::excellent:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom