Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Romance thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

jewboy

Arbiter
Well I feel that I have done my part in this little war. I can't take arguing with those idiots much longer. I might jump in for the occassional juicy argument, but I've mostly had it. The hordes of Biotards are constantly warping in out of nowhere just like the monsters in Dragon Age and, like the fights in Dragon Age there's only so much of it I can take. I think Josh and MCA and Tim are aware by now at least that there is opposition to the Biotard Way. As always we are grossly outnumbered.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I feel that I have done my part in this little war. I can't take arguing with those idiots much longer. I might jump in for the occassional juicy argument, but I've mostly had it. The hordes of Biotards are constantly warping in out of nowhere just like the monsters in Dragon Age and, like the fights in Dragon Age there's only so much of it I can take. I think Josh and MCA and Tim are aware by now at least that there is opposition to the Biotard Way. As always we are grossly outnumbered.

Bioware closed the romance section of their forums, so the Biodrones have nowhere to go. :(

Shevek

Arcane
The comments about the girls weren't TOO bad but they were unnecessary. If that kinda thing limits future access that Obsidian may have given us to such events (such as their roleplaying sessions or anything else), that will be a shame. I would prefer if they limited access to backers and backers had to have their actual names visible. This would take the anonymity out and allow the banning of idiots.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The green shirt girl comments started once one of the Twitch TV staff put the countdown party on the front page of Twitch. Also people are conveniently ignoring all the times MCA, Alvin, Josh were asked to take their shirts off, also someoneJaesun asked MCA to whip his dick out.
But all the complaints are
june-shannon-mug-shot-web.jpg

dem creeps were sexually harassing dem gurls who are unattractive anyways

Shevek

Arcane
I would argue the MCA stuff was outta line too. All the "hats off" crap was pretty dumb as well. They are guys though and have been around enough of the unwashed masses of cRPG fans to deal with our stench.

titus

Arcane
Patron
The green shirt girl comments started once one of the Twitch TV staff put the countdown party on the front page of Twitch. Also people are conveniently ignoring all the times MCA, Alvin, Josh were asked to take their shirts off, also someoneJaesun asked MCA to whip his dick out.
But all the complaints are
june-shannon-mug-shot-web.jpg

dem creeps were sexually harassing dem gurls who are unattractive anyways

True. Some even called the black guys niggers. They should all sue Obsidian!
: x

Lord Andre

Arcane
Josh doesn't like parties. You would think he'd learned to fake it by now. It's the first thing they teach you in highschool.

MCA & Alvin (black dude) were pretty funny.

To everybody complaining about the rude comments for the girls: You are the saddest motherfuckers.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Josh doesn't like parties, MCA really really likes parties, so it evens out I guess.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Didn't they answer a question from someone called MajesticNiggerCock or something like that? Guess racism doesn't sell as well anymore.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Screwing your band of pan-sexual furry GLBTWTFBBQ adventurers that all fall in love with you on command = commendable feat of modern inclusion and depth

Option to create your own party = abhorrent watering down of the RPG experience, depriving it of depth

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Those romancing idiots makes my blood boil more than anyone else I've met on my life, and due my work I occasionally get to talk with some of the most obnoxious assholes there are and not even they can get my blood boil as much.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Screwing your band of pan-sexual furry GLBTWTFBBQ adventurers that all fall in love with you on command = commendable feat of modern inclusion and depth

Option to create your own party = abhorrent watering down of the RPG experience, depriving it of depth

:lol: Give up reading on those forums, man. What you are you a masochist?

Will masochists be included?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Hey, man. Hey. It's LGBT, okay? "Lesbian" goes first now because FUCK YOU, PATRIARCH.

Semi-related factoid: Feminists are well known for claiming to champion LGBT causes, yet very often refuse to allow transgender women into feminist "safe spaces" because they were born male.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
It's like when you have a really itchy rash you want to scratch it. But scratching it only makes it itchier and itchier until eventually you have blood under your fingernails.

Shevek

Arcane
I never understood the need to have a bunch of party romances in these games. Its wierd to look at your entire party as potential sexual conquests. It might be better if you could initiate romances with other npcs though (some tavern wench, or a noblewoman, etc). That way those of us who don't like that sorta thing can completely ignore it.

The IE folks do love their romances though. Theres a ton of BG2 mods just made for romancing everyone from halflings to Imoen (your sister).

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
At least we can trust MCA, Sawyer and Ziets that they won't do Bioware-romances.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Jesus Christ Jasede and Shevek, get it together.

Romances are the future of the RPG experience. Players want freedom of choice — and that means the freedom to dispassionately choose their electronic fuckbuddy from among a variety of omnisexual partners, based almost entirely on shallow criteria such as the character's physical appearance or voice actor. Having chosen their fuckbuddy, they will offer gifts of material wealth and select fanfiction-caliber romantic dialog responses. After all this hard work, they're rewarded with a robotic, disinterested and heavily censored/implied sex scene of some kind featuring the (implied) missionary position or its equivalent.

That's depth and characterization which also celebrates and respects the shit out of LGBT awareness and the kinds of features desired by female gamers. Progress, my friends.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

:lol: Give up reading on those forums, man. What you are you a masochist?

Will masochists be included?
I DEMANT THAT BOTH MASOCHISTS AND SADISTS ARE INCULDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's like when you have a really itchy rash you want to scratch it. But scratching it only makes it itchier and itchier until eventually you have blood under your fingernails.
Your liver is giving up. Stop boozing! Or, on second thought, your liver is already shot and you'll never get on that transplant list with your history of alcohol abuse, so just finish it off and drink yourself to death.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom