Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am beginning to notice an interesting correlation between an Obsidian Order tag and utter dumbfuckery (Sorry, Jaesun)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I got two posts deleted for sure: one where I point out their passive-aggressive, self-righteous condescension is more inflammatory than our constant arguing and one where I called them disgusting faggots. Or something like that, but in smart.

Another one:
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61676-the-unofficial-pe-relationshipromance-thread/

Their arguments are so terrible that you don't want to write proper counter-arguments for a couple reasons:

A) They won't acknowledge them
B) They won't understand them
C) Their points are so dumb you might as well just flame them for writing that shit

They live in this kind of bubble where the only thing that could possibly be true is the opinion of their equally horrid peers.

Unwanted

HardDeck

Dumbfuck!!
MCA orgasm face

22nb6.jpg

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That WAS a good post, I feel obligated to quote it in full here,

diablo169 said:
This is a role playing game reborn from a bygone era, tactical party based combat, an original and brand new setting. Some of the greatest writers and designers of RPGS ever are working on this project. and what are some people most concerned about ? if they can have a virtual romance ingame......

Seriously get your prioritys sorted, this promises to be at the very least one of the greatest RPGS of the last decade. Be excited about us getting a fantastic game with a grand story. Be less excited about playing dating sim mini games.

Look at what Bioware have become, look at what they did with Dragon Age 2, or as I like to call it "Dragon Age : we'll **** anything that breathes!" You add some romance options and the" I WUB MY WAIFU!" crowd decend upon every social media platform and demand more. For gods sake they spent more time making sure you could shack up with people then writing a coherent ending! Stay tuned for Dragon Age 3 : "This time you can date a Qunari!"

You put in party banter and flirts, and they want harems. You put in a peck on the cheek and they want full blown orgy sex scenes.

Well I say NO MORE! The line must be drawn here! This far no further!

I would rather the writers spend time creating meaningful dialogue, where I find out all sorts of interesting things about my party, then waste one second constructing meaningless romantic overtures. Its' one of the reason's I'm so glad this is Josh and MCA's baby, cause I know they wont.

You want a realistic and great romance plot to come out of Project Eternity? Give it to people in the third game when the party members have known each other for years and have seen and been through some serious crap together.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Yeah I'm going to be very interested who of these posters are actual backers. The Order thing was just done as an honor system. But when the backer tags finally come out it will be interesting.

Captain Shrek

Yeah I'm going to be very interested who of these posters are actual backers. The Order thing was just done as an honor system. But when the backer tags finally come out it will be interesting.
You will find that the Order guys paid more than average.

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You mean hilarious. You have to wonder whether dlux really left because of irreconcilable differences or because of living a lie.

EDIT:
Captain Shrek - stop being sensible :)

Grimlorn

Arcane
If you guys are making worse posts that get deleted and no one is warning you, then why the hell is Tale up my ass?

Captain Shrek

evdk

Sorry dude.

You must think me an asshole for acting like this, but think from my perspective. I think it is MY JOB to assume to worst and complain so that we are assured that the thing is not there. This is the only way I see of not implicitly assuming that devs will do it right.
Now this can get annoying, I know. But we have to learn to live with it just to reap the rewards which are good games without popamole.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Josh Sawyer hates people.

oh, come one... why all this picking on josh? he even announced that this would happen.
he simply ain't one of the party folk and he's not alone. brian menze played the whole time with that plastic leg; that rabbi kaffeepott just stand there kissing his cup; that other dude browsed reddit almost the whole time; scott just stand there and did nothing, justin too. admittedly they laughed/smiled more often compared to josh, but that's him. he's more of an introverted guy and probably needs his closest friends around to really feel relaxed. all those fucking comments about his mood made it even worse.

despite the fact that he doesn't like parties he showed up and that's worth a :bro:

@suejak: your comment was hilarious :D
I didn't say it was a bad thing to hate people.

Also, I have the same Antec computer case as Josh :smug:

evdk

Patron
evdk

Sorry dude.

You must think me an asshole for acting like this, but think from my perspective. I think it is MY JOB to assume to worst and complain so that we are assured that the thing is not there. This is the only way I see of not implicitly assuming that devs will do it right.
Now this can get annoying, I know. But we have to learn to live with it just to reap the rewards which are good games without popamole.
Well I think job is too strong a word, but somebody should curb the enthusiasm, else the Codex loses its edge. It's just that VotS is more entertaining:troll:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
evdk

Sorry dude.

I hope we will reap the rewards, or else your "job" will be for nothing. In that case, we had to put up with you for nothing.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
evdk

Sorry dude.

I hope we will reap the rewards, or else your "job" will be for nothing. In that case, we had to put up with you for nothing.

I am not doing it for you, you moron. I am doing it for me. o_O
Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that we need to put up with you, dumbass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom