Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
googlestalked all of the girls from the video, found all but the blue shirt one -- Trish. Too bad, she's the best looking one with some pumps and a bump

Cynic

Arcane
What are you on about, Cynic? Just because that girl is hot doesn't mean Nicole is ugly. She wasn't ugly. She was just barely, marginally attractive and she was the only chick there even slightly worth ogling. I will admit that any comments about the other females were ridiculous though. Total ugly/fat skanks. Christ.

They were fucking rank. The one with the glasses maybe after copious amounts of drugs and or alcohol.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I logged into that stream for five minutes. I read IRC messages galore of pathetic adolescents throwing unwarranted sexually inappropriate comments towards all female Obsidian employees (visible, of course, for everybody in that room and all the 1450+ people logged on to the stream), with practically no-one speaking out against that, I saw a bunch of people sitting around on couches and not doing much and I saw people downing shots of (presumably) hard liquor (accompagnied by shouts of encouragment by the rest of the staff) in front of small children.

It was one of the most depressing things I've seen on the internet so far. If anything, it decreased my respect for the people at Obisidian and vastly decreased my respect for its fanbase.
I skooled that crybaby sexist.​

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I have a feeling they might have taken a bit more than they can chew, as it were on this dungeon (in that it got SO many levels). There are however a number of interesting things they could do with it. And the bad thing would be tons of boring shit trash mobs. Though I am very certain it will be Durlag's Tower like (in that is has some story attached). I just hope someone at Obsidian finally comes up with You know guys, I have a REALLY fucking cool idea for this dungeon....

bminorkey

I have a feeling they might have taken a bit more than they can chew, as it were on this dungeon (in that it got SO many levels). There are however a number of interesting things they could do with it. And the bad thing would be tons of boring shit trash mobs. Though I am very certain it will be Durlag's Tower like (in that is has some story attached). I just hope someone at Obsidian finally comes up with You know guys, I have a REALLY fucking cool idea for this dungeon....

Yeah they could cheat and make it a central game area. Maybe the second Big City will be underground?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Yeah they could cheat and make it a central game area. Maybe the second Big City will be underground?

Agreed. That they could do. I'm still however thinking Sawyer would more want to expand on the cultures of the world (he loves that shit) and the endless dungeon will still be a sort-of side quest that is optional.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Well I feel that I have done my part in this little war. I can't take arguing with those idiots much longer. I might jump in for the occassional juicy argument, but I've mostly had it. The hordes of Biotards are constantly warping in out of nowhere just like the monsters in Dragon Age and, like the fights in Dragon Age there's only so much of it I can take. I think Josh and MCA and Tim are aware by now at least that there is opposition to the Biotard Way. As always we are grossly outnumbered"

I like how iditos like to blame the BIo baords for what happens on the OBSIDIAN forums. That's ridiculious. these are Obsidian fanboys who wnat this stuff. Don't spread bullshit.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
I like how iditos like to blame the BIo baords for what happens on the OBSIDIAN forums. That's ridiculious. these are Obsidian fanboys who wnat this stuff. Don't spread bullshit.

Just in case you need a refresher on current events at BioWare:

9093.jpg
BioWare! Get in here immediately!
9095.jpg
What is thy bidding my Master?

9093.jpg
What is this... Project Eternal... kickstarter... thing?

9095.jpg
Oh Master, years ago we made this game called Baldur's Gate and then basically stopped making these kinds of games to make them more next gen and on consoles and in 3D, to enhance the cinem...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP!

9095.jpg

9093.jpg
Who the hell is this Obsidian? Did we ever work with them?

9095.jpg
Oh yes Master, they once came before your greatness and proposed making a new classic cRPG Ultima series but you in your infinite and evil wisdom laughed at them and shut the door in their face. Since the marketing department found that classi...

9093.jpg
SHUT UP! Oh yes.,,,,, I remember them. That...Feargus fellow. Classic games! HA!

9093.jpg
Now let me think..... what do we have at our disposal? Hmm......

9093.jpg
What great and evil power (besides my own) do we have that can shatter minds and...

9095.jpg
There is but ONE my mas...

9093.jpg
OH. MY. GO...

9095.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9093.jpg
THE TALIMANCERS!

9095.jpg
M my lord. Releasing such horror would basically destroy this entire proj...

9093.jpg
BioWare! Make it so! CLOSE THE ROMANCE FORUMS!

9095.jpg
Yes my master.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
Just getting Volo up to speed. Seriously, The ONE thing BioWare does during this KS as well as Gaider even basically telling people [via Twitter} to troll Romances on the Obsidian forums is Highly suspicious.

Thankfully we did NOT get Gaider and Hepler at the 4.0M Stretch Goal.

[UD]liam

Novice
hahaha, who's the wise ass who posted this in the PE waifu wars thread

More things like side quest and character events would be very welcome and would add a great deal of depth to the potential romance options. Good examples of this actually come from the BGII Modding community with the Tashia, Saerilith and Amber mods. If we could get things along those lines than I think we would have very enjoyable and compelling romances.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
Oh gawd. BG Romance mods. I PRAY that... other modding community NEVER EVER add PE to the list of games they will do mods for.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's okay to bone your sister because during BG 1 you don't know it was your sister! ...right?

Cynic

Arcane
Have they explicitly said that the mega dungeon will be part of the official release? What they could do, is add it as a free DLC type thing after the main game has been fully completed. So this would just be like an add-on or something, of course funded by the KS money and free to all, but perhaps not eating into the main development of the game too much.

Shevek

Arcane
Haha, that Gaider is pretty funny. I actually see this as him getting PE more exposure and getting more folks onto the OE forums. When you think if it, pretty stand up thing to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom