Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lagole Gon

Yeah, I know. Mark Morgan wasn't the only one, but he gets all the flack.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Those cards were the best thing about The Witcher. In fact, the only good thing about it. Fuck you and your pretended maturity... hurr implied sex is more mature than looking at boobs.

The sex cards were awful.

Serious need of dick detected.... again. :smug:

Awful? Like they made you go... man, this game would have been totally mature and progressive if it didn't had those. Wasted opportunity.

Jeez, now please start with some of your usual psycho-babble analysis of important social issues from the Witcher and games in general, can't wait.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Discussions about romances. Witcher Sex Cards. :mad:

Could I please have a RPG that emulates P&P sessions again !? Party of adventurers exploring, fighting, collecting loot !?

Gozma

Arcane
@Steven We were actually contacted by some publishers over the last few months that wanted to use us to do a Kickstarter. I said to them "So, you want us to do a Kickstarter for, using our name, we then get the Kickstarter money to make the game, you then publish the game, but we then don't get to keep the brand we make and we only get a portion of the profits" They said, "Yes".

Hervé be scammin

Also @that video it is impossible to overstate how much Joss Whedon writing and its metastasis into the brains of nerds has ruined pop sci-fi/fantasy for me

kris

Arcane
Why the hell would it be Gaider? Come on. It's George. Yeah. Tell me it's George, guys.

I admit. I was a bit facetious when writing down that name, i just can't resist it with the codex newfound hate for him. Unlike the good old days.

But as far as getting Bioware fans it would be a smart move. We would just be talking about a small contribution anyway since Avellone supposedly will write most of the companions. and no, i don't really believe he is the one they talk about.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Oh, and this:

@Steven We were actually contacted by some publishers over the last few months that wanted to use us to do a Kickstarter. I said to them "So, you want us to do a Kickstarter for, using our name, we then get the Kickstarter money to make the game, you then publish the game, but we then don't get to keep the brand we make and we only get a portion of the profits" They said, "Yes".

Man I would LOVE to know which Publisher that was who approached them. :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haha nice try, but inXile isn't a publisher. Plus they have in fact been in a similar situation (marketing firms asking for a cut of Wasteland 2's profits in exchange for their services)

Sòren

Arcane
:lol:
I love that shit.

Well, I think you're being too pessimistic about the fans' tastes, young Orchestra. The 'Bring In Bioware Or Other Legendary Designers As Stretch Goals' suggestion on the Obsidian forums proved to be as popular as Mitt Romney in a Palestinian welfare centre before the thread was locked. See? You can always rely on Tigranes to rig the poll so the developers think 87% of their backers hate the idea people to do the right thing.
:greatjob:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
To counter this nonsense, I think AoD should have a romance option, something that when pursued eventually leads to your character waking up outside the Imperial Guard's compound, stripped naked, and with a shiny new "Violated" trait in your character's stat screen.
Knowing Age of Decadence, you'd just die horribly and get this little text blurb:

You thought it was true love. When you looked into those lustful eyes, you knew you were wanted. Needed. But you never could have suspected what for. Now, with fluid leaking from each of your holes, including the new ones he cut for you, your childish innocence and naivety draining out along with them, you turn over every moment you spent with that gruff imperial guardsman. What did you do wrong? Maybe you should have bought him gifts. Laughed at his jokes more often. But now it's too late. As you rot in the sun, broken and abused, passers-by only stop to stare in disbelief. The sun fades out, slowly. You never found true love, and now you never will.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There is no way it is Gaider. As I am 100% sure all EA employee's have to sign a non-compete. If it was Ziets however that would be :incline:*

*Though to be honest, I don't know off hand what he SPECIFICALLY wrote?

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, I think you're being too pessimistic about the fans' tastes, young Orchestra. The 'Bring In Bioware Or Other Legendary Designers As Stretch Goals' suggestion on the Obsidian forums proved to be as popular as Mitt Romney in a Palestinian welfare centre before the thread was locked. See? You can always rely on Tigranes to rig the poll so the developers think 87% of their backers hate the idea people to do the right thing.
:greatjob:

It is interesting how you can get a 87% figure on No Bioware, but you'd probably get a 50-50 split on romances.

Malpercio

Arcane
Was this gem posted?

We were actually contacted by some publishers over the last few months that wanted to use us to do a Kickstarter. I said to them "So, you want us to do a Kickstarter for, using our name, we then get the Kickstarter money to make the game, you then publish the game, but we then don't get to keep the brand we make and we only get a portion of the profits" They said, "Yes".

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, on a different page.

Is anyone else feeling a bit disconcerted about how much pledges have dropped off after hitting 1.6? I know it's much slower now but... it didn't feel that slow for Wasteland. At least that's what I remember.

Also, they are linking a funny Times article on the project page which wonders aloud if this game will crack the 10 million record of that gayphone watch. What a dumb article.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Have we seen this gem yet?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60...sound-weird-but-i-want-full-clothing-control/
I like MMOs in which you can strip to your underwear, on account of then you can say "All these gloves look ugly, I don't wish to wear gloves" and youre character doesn't have a little pair of stuck to his hands at all times gloves. Or you can create Tarzan of the jungle, and he doesn't have a pair of fake shoes on his feet.

Therefore I say this one thing; Give full paperdoll control to the characters. Allow them to strip right to their undies and therefore customize their appearance completely.

I spend literally hours on MMOs doing this and would do it in this game.

Yeah I knowe what you mean when you say and youre character doesn't have a little pair of stuck to his hands at all times gloves.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
To counter this nonsense, I think AoD should have a romance option, something that when pursued eventually leads to your character waking up outside the Imperial Guard's compound, stripped naked, and with a shiny new "Violated" trait in your character's stat screen.
Knowing Age of Decadence, you'd just die horribly and get this little text blurb:

You thought it was true love. When you looked into those lustful eyes, you knew you were wanted. Needed. But you never could have suspected what for. Now, with fluid leaking from each of your holes, including the new ones he cut for you, your childish innocence and naivety draining out along with them, you turn over every moment you spent with that gruff imperial guardsman. What did you do wrong? Maybe you should have bought him gifts. Laughed at his jokes more often. But now it's too late. As you rot in the sun, broken and abused, passers-by only stop to stare in disbelief. The sun fades out, slowly. You never found true love, and now you never will.
:bravo:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom