Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I really hope it's George fucking Ziets.

I love that guy.
No, it's Sheryl Chee (kudos to Roguey for the stalking)

2dv8sx2.png

Sheryl Chee is a writer at BioWare who participated in the making of Dragon Age: Origins. Sheryl has a philosophy degree, which she says trained her for a career of making things up.

She is responsible for writing
Dog, Leliana, Wynne, Oghren and Cullen[1].Dragon Age: Origins

She was responsible for the Mage Origin, as well as the Broken Circle and Urn of Sacred Ashes quest lines[2].
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

Sheryl wrote Oghren, Sigrun, and Velanna [3] in Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
Dragon Age II

Sheryl is the main writer for Isabela in Dragon Age II

:notsureifserious:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
D

Wes - @Feargus, what do you think about the possibility of Jeremy Soule coming on to write the musical score?
original.gif

Obsidian - @Wes Not really sure at this point. Personally, I was really happy with what our internal audio guy, Justin Bell, did in the video. Not saying that is the choice, but he is itching to give it a shot.

No disrespect to the guy, because i like the music in the video, but I'd like a more subtle game music. Like in the IE games.The music in the video was tried too much to be epic, with loud orchestra, choir and whatnot.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
J_C Sample size = 1

Also, what are you smoking, don't you remember Michael Hoenig's music?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
D

Wes - @Feargus, what do you think about the possibility of Jeremy Soule coming on to write the musical score?
original.gif

Obsidian - @Wes Not really sure at this point. Personally, I was really happy with what our internal audio guy, Justin Bell, did in the video. Not saying that is the choice, but he is itching to give it a shot.

No disrespect to the guy, because i like the music in the video, but I'd like a more subtle game music. Like in the IE games.The music in the video was tried too much to be epic, with loud orchestra, choir and whatnot.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Angus - @Feargus as i have never played any of the games you guys have said you guys have made (i know they are great games though) is this game along the lines of a kinda skyrim feel??? or is there another direction you guys are trying to take

Obsidian - @Angus The games are pretty different. Skyrim is really a first person RPG that feels a little like GTA. The IE games are more about tactical combat and story. Now when it comes to lots of characters and deep RPG systems - they have more in common.
:hmmm:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What's worse is that because of all this progressive shit there'll never be cool boob cards to collect ever again.
Indeed. The change from mass pussy card chasing to the "Triss is ma only, must save!" is a major reason Witcher 1 > Witcher 2. :decline:

In Witcher 2 you can have sex with prostitutes (if you're a loser), a grateful elf you saved from a burning tower, a succubus, and Cynthia (post-EE patch) on the Iorveth path or prostitutes and Ves on the Roche path. The sex cards were awful.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
She is responsible for writing Dog

:M

We were actually contacted by some publishers over the last few months that wanted to use us to do a Kickstarter. I said to them "So, you want us to do a Kickstarter for, using our name, we then get the Kickstarter money to make the game, you then publish the game, but we then don't get to keep the brand we make and we only get a portion of the profits" They said, "Yes".

Those people just don't get it, huh?

grotsnik

Arcane
It's got to be George. There's been some pretty widespread support for hiring him back and he seems open to the idea, so it'd earn them some serious goodwill points; and thankfuckfully, no matter how friendly they all are on Twitter, I can't imagine Obsidian would ever seriously believe that the announcement, 'We've given your money to EA so that they'd agree to let David 'Your Choices Don't Matter In Our Story' Gaider fly all the way down from Canada to work on our romances for six months!' would be quite as universally popular even if it was possible somehow.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What's worse is that because of all this progressive shit there'll never be cool boob cards to collect ever again.
Indeed. The change from mass pussy card chasing to the "Triss is ma only, must save!" is a major reason Witcher 1 > Witcher 2. :decline:

In Witcher 2 you can have sex with prostitutes (if you're a loser), a grateful elf you saved from a burning tower, a succubus, and Cynthia (post-EE patch) on the Iorveth path or prostitutes and Ves on the Roche path. The sex cards were awful.
Heh, this reminds me that the version I played censored the succubus and elf sex. Outrageous!

It's got to be George. There's been some pretty widespread support for hiring him back and he seems open to the idea, so it'd earn them some serious goodwill points; and thankfuckfully, no matter how friendly they all are on Twitter, I can't imagine Obsidian would ever seriously believe that the announcement, 'We've given your money to EA so that they'd agree to let David 'Your Choices Don't Matter In Our Story' Gaider fly all the way down from Canada to work on our romances for six months!' would be quite as universally popular even if it was possible.

Plus ten points for the project if it's Ziets. As to Gaider, I think you're underestimating the worship factor of a large number of BioWare fans (even ones with some taste who primarily revere the decent games the company used to make as opposed to recent "efforts"). Quite a few would probably double their pledge (after masturbating furiously), or are waiting for the involvement of him or someone else significant to the BG franchise before pledging (while masturbating furiously). Given the emphasis on romance in the original Obsidian reply, I'm very, very afraid it's Gaider, although EA having him by the balls gives me some hope it's not.

grotsnik

Arcane

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Infinitron hoverdog

Little missunderstanding. I know that the menu theme of BG is like that, but the other musics are more subtle. Especially in IWD.

As for the extra writer. Bring on Gaider, to harvest the extra pledges of Biowhores, than give him some noname NPC to write. Maybe the text of the towncryer. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom