Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Bros, I don't know what's happening in there, but judging from amount of butthurt on the Border House - keep up the good work. :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=9220#comments

Just looked at Project Eternity. I’ve never played an old-school CRPG before(never owned a PC), so I wouldn’t mind trying it out when they are able to fund it for the MAC. The forums though, creepy stuff. I didn’t see the worst of it, but there was a lot of whining about LGBT inclusion, and fond nostalgia of Imoen being tortured by Irenicus in Baldur’s Gate 2 (no idea if that’s what happened, never played it). And of course the whole “it must be grimdark, man, grimdark! or else it’ll suuck”. I hope this current fad for dark fantasy dies in the near future. Why can’t I play something that actually feels like escapism for once?

:thumbsup:

Don't let crybabies vote away weapon effects and resistances: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60300-my-weapon-does-nothing/

entrerix said:
i like the idea of certain rare monsters being immune to some types of damage. but those immunities should be well known in advance to all characters.

"there is a vampire lurking somewhere near our town, it has been kidnapping villagers for weeks, please slay it. dont forget to take holy weapons with you or you won't be able to harm it."

Shadenuat said:
"there is a vampire lurking somewhere near our town, it has been kidnapping villagers for weeks, please slay it. so far none of our weapons were able to harm it."

Let's trust in player's intelligence at least a bit.

:lol:

borderhouse said:
Katie says:
September 18, 2012 at 9:19 am
What is it with nerds and skeevy gender politics, and rape-tastic storylines in RPGs and speculative fiction? Is it some sort of fucked up idea of a safe haven from all those Ebil Feminists, and the P.C. police telling them its not OK to be creepy hateful arseholes?

Rape-tastic is not a real word...but it should be.

brb, contacting Oxford

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's so sad that lgbt people have self-esteem so low they feel it necessary to request inclusion when it's already a given considering New Vegas and the views of the project director.
21jujbo.png

You keep yelling Sawyer.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's so sad that lgbt people have self-esteem so low they feel it necessary to request inclusion when it's already a given considering New Vegas and the views of the project director.
21jujbo.png

You keep yelling Sawyer.
:lol:

Shame the codex is too seduced by buzzwords at the moment.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Why don't they just make a genderless RPG? Couldn't that work? Could even implement a stereotypical male "race" and a stereotypical female "race" for lulz. Seriously, why doesn't anyone just remove the entire gender thing from a fantasy universe?
They should make an RPG where all characters are genderless robots. Then they could also use voice synthesis for the dialogue and have a fully voiced RPG without paying for a single actor.

Gerrard

Arcane
I see what they did there with the player house and I approve of parting stupid people with their money, but it doesn't seem to work as well as I had hoped.

Psquit

Arcane
Homestuck Adventure Game

$1,480,703

pledged of $700,000 goal

----------------------------------------------------------
:what:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Homestuck Adventure Game

$1,480,703

pledged of $700,000 goal

----------------------------------------------------------
:what:
This is surprising how? The thing has more fan art than mass effect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom