Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
o________________________________________________________________o

this iis

you mean

wait

it's not a mod

holy

fucking

shit

:point:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
holy

fucking

shit

Baby does not hear you.

fm2vr.gif

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
so long as there are no hostile or neutral creatures nearby.

OH GOD I CANT TAKE IT :lol:
Hostile or neutral creatures make her hold it in.
If there are hostile creatures, just kill them.
*shrug*
Violence solves everything in BG. If she dies or something, just resurrect her.
Don't let her get chunked before your son is born though (after is fine, because he will drop as loot*).

*i'm not actually crazy enough to have tested this**

edit:
** Oh, now i remember... she runs away forever if her health ever goes below a threshold after having the baby. Can't have dead babies in the genocide simulator; applies to instant death spells too.
So you might get a little dialog of your wife leaving you in a desperate battle just before the Ravager-sister (for instance) kills you.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Why would they delete my post about incest, pedophilia and xenophilia from the Bioware forums. We've all seen the threads of Biowhores asking for incest and pedophilia.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Yeah we have a problem with love, lust and passion because we'd rather experience those in the real world with real people instead of virtual characters that are falling over you after 1 or 2 conversations. So realistic.

"My girlfriend confessed her love for me on our first date after drinking contest in bar without any real conversations, so I agree that if you need to have one or two meaningful conversation before NPCs are falling over you is very unrealistic requirement."

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is not the BTE, although the last page makes it appear so...

eh, adventurer babies
At least it makes Aerie even more annoying, especially if you have installed that 'no instant death' mod.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Romance thread is down.

Mission accomplished.
Can somebody do the same with GayLesbianExclusive? Thanks in advance. :M

However sometimes in the IE games, I'd face monsters that had immunities and had no way to be able to have anything in my inventory to overcome the immunity.

The horror!

:x

kaizoku

Arcane
Wait, there was a bit like that in ToB?
They even have the elves pregnancy be ~30 game days because otherwise people wouldn't see the resolution of their romance 'questline'. They mostly don't anyway.

You'd have thought that would be a nice signal the concept was completely stupid.

edit:
  • The baby will be born no earlier than 33 days game time after Aerie announces her pregnancy.
  • You must have completed the fifth and last challenge in the Hellish Pocket Plane (fighting the Ravager).
  • After the challenge comes a love talk where you marry Aerie.
  • Now wait for 1 hour (real time – just set the game on pause and go get a cup of tea). Aerie will give birth to a healthy baby boy so long as there are no hostile or neutral creatures nearby.
:lol:

at first I was like :what:

so long as there are no hostile or neutral creatures nearby.

OH GOD I CANT TAKE IT :lol:
Hostile or neutral creatures make her hold it in.
If there are hostile creatures, just kill them.
*shrug*
Violence solves everything in BG. If she dies or something, just resurrect her.
Don't let her get chunked before your son is born though (after is fine, because he will drop as loot*).

*i'm not actually crazy enough to have tested this**

edit:
** Oh, now i remember... she runs away forever if her health ever goes below a threshold after having the baby. Can't have dead babies in the genocide simulator; applies to instant death spells too.
So you might get a little dialog of your wife leaving you in a desperate battle just before the Ravager-sister (for instance) kills you.

but then I went "oh, some codexers really excel on the romance department" :smug:

kaizoku

Arcane
Infinibrotron

could you update your first post of this thread to include a (somewhat organized) list of polls to vote on?

and post a link to that in your signature.
do eth!
for the greater good!

shadowdecline.jpg

BTW, FWIW, I haven't followed the romance saga on the OEI forums, but maybe some of you are going to overboard with the "kill it with fire" attitude, instead of "that's not my cup of tea, but I'm ok with it as long as it doesn't consume much time from the devs".
If you scare away all the biodrones, that means less money for the project.
And I trust the people at OEI. I know they won't be making any Romance Playing Game out of it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's funny, because all this shit is supposed to make a game easier/cheaper to produce since programmers don't have to implement and solve complex problems anew for every game. But seeing as this is a top-down isometric RPG (hopefully with hand-drawn backgrounds) produced on the cheap they likely won't need Physics, they won't need to animate faces, they won't need RAD/Bink for Videos and they will likely design a minimal UI themselves instead of using Scaleform etc.
DS3 also used Granny3D for animation, which is kinda important for games.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
kaizoku Maybe I'll do that later.

BTW I agree that overall the level of discussion on the forums is not that bad. I remember the Wasteland 2 forums being worse.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Man that gay thread is worse than I thought. Those people are crazy and making their fight for equality about video games instead of the actual problems. They actually think that this is what they should be fighting over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom