Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Oesophagus

Arcane
This thread could be interesting:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60230-mature-themes-youd-like-to-see-in-the-game/

Edit: Some comments aren't though...

Why am I suddenly reminded of the Imoen Romance mod for BG2 (which, considering the subject matter, is remarkably well done and surprisingly tasteful)?
See, mature is a realitve term. Now, I'm not saying I'm better than those people, but to me a mature theme is something like the analysis of morality reminiscent of the great Russian novelists. Or how about a bit of "Lord of the Flies", or maybe even "Heart of Darkness"? There's lots of influence to be had. The Bioatard's mind, on the other hand, immediately goes for something a bit... different

Aren't they getting more than 5000$ per hour? They can easily get to 4M, or more if they handle the strech goals better, isn't that enough to make a solid game?. But they better think of something cool for the next goals.

Oesophagus

Arcane
The funding seems to have considerably slowed down. :(

Don't sweat it bro, this is still the first week, look how much time they've still got to go. They aren't idiots, so I'm expecting some major updates and announcements any day now. And even if worst comes to worst, and the pledges don't pick up, from the graphs Infinitron posted you can predict that they'll at least reach 2 - 2.5 M. Which is twice as much as they wanted

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah they are getting 4000-4500 per hour, about 100k per day.

Infinitron how do you make those charts? I visited the ruinedkingdoms site, but I can't understand a thing about those codes. XD

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah they are getting 4000-4500 per hour, about 100k per day.

Infinitron how do you make those charts? I visited the ruinedkingdoms site, but I can't understand a thing about those codes. XD

I didn't make them, it's a direct link to his charts.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
All those jerks lobbying for their shitty romances, even in the kickstarter comments. They're so numerous it's fucking depressing :

Steven Lim 14 minutes ago

matthew Farmery
Yes Aerie's romance was very well done, especially if you have both Viconia and Jaheira in the party. And hers is up to date the only Romance in any game that seriously looked at the consequences of sleeping with the opposite sex.
The FIRST time she came up to my character and in that so young abd innocent voice said "I'm pregnant..." I had tea (which I was drinking at the time) spurt out of my nose in shock, horror and amusement.
Needless to say those characters and romances ARE STILL (to the dismay of Chris Avellone) spoken of, and compared to till this day.

Yeah that's true posterity for you right there, son... :(

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
tea (which I was drinking at the time) spurt out of my nose in shock, horror and amusement.
I'm glad he clarified that. If inexplicable jets out of tea just launch themselves out of your nose whenever something mildly surprises you, please go to a doctor.

To be fair, when I played through Aerie's romance, I constantly was spitting up bile. It's only natural to start losing rapid amounts of strange liquids when playing a Bioware romance.

Spockrock

Augur
I just think it's ironic that now they finally have their own supposedly robust and flexible engine that can be tailored to suit their specific needs, but can't use it to make games unless with heavy financial backing from a publisher.
my thoughts exactly... wtf :retarded:

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Why don't they just make a genderless RPG? Couldn't that work? Could even implement a stereotypical male "race" and a stereotypical female "race" for lulz. Seriously, why doesn't anyone just remove the entire gender thing from a fantasy universe?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I just think it's ironic that now they finally have their own supposedly robust and flexible engine that can be tailored to suit their specific needs, but can't use it to make games unless with heavy financial backing from a publisher.
Do they really need all the middleware and shit just to draw characters onto a 2D background? The Onyx "Engine" sounds pretty half-assed...

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Do they really need all the middleware and shit just to draw characters onto a 2D background? The Onyx "Engine" sounds pretty half-assed...

Yes, they do. Well, not for the drawing, but for a whole lot of other shit that's still important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom