Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"Live Project Eternity showcase"? What is that, a demo?

Their prototype should be ready far before June. Could the "Vertical Slice" be ready too?

A vertical slice is basically a single complete area. Its value stems from the fact that if you can get one area working, then you know there're no roadblocks and can likely get every other area working too. It's also the period of development where you set up your pipelines and estimate just how many areas you're going to be able to turn out before launch.

So a fully-functional demo pretty much requires the vertical slice be finished, though by June they should be into production and there might be areas other than the vertical slice available to show.

I know what the Vertical Slice is. I'm wondering if it will be ready by June, and if what they intend to showcase on June is in fact a demo.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.formspring.me/GZiets

sagCA3O.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I would suspect they are not sure about their budgets to hire him. Would suck if they hired him, but then have to let him go a second time because they could not afford to keep him on. Which is the more likely reason they have not hired him yet.

And then Fargo can just hire him.

:troll:

Diablo169

Arcane
I would suspect they are not sure about their budgets to hire him. Would suck if they hired him, but then have to let him go a second time because they could not afford to keep him on. Which is the more likely reason they have not hired him yet.

And then Fargo can just hire him.

:troll:

I just don't want him to end up somewhere shit like Bethesda or Blizzard :/

Diablo169

Arcane
I just don't want him to end up somewhere shit like Bethesda or Blizzard :/

I don't think he is THAT fucking stupid.

But sometimes... you need to pay the bills. :/

George has already worked for Zenimax (on TESO)

I know, I've mostly forgiven him for that. Because as Jaesun said bills to pay and all that. Just the thought of him trying to write a good plot with Todd Howard or Chris Metzen interfering makes me feel all sad inside though.

Diablo169

Arcane
Just had a read of it, not a lot of new information. It made me appreciate their earlier titles a bit more though considering they started Obsidian in Feargus's attic O_o

Lancehead

Liturgist
Hey Infinitron, do you know where Ziets, and others are moving to from Formspring? I know JES is on tumblr.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Actually I find the D&D Next universal ability check system better.

Interesting. How does that work?
Instead of reflex, fort, will saving throws, all abilities can be used for saving throws where it makes sense, you simply roll d20 + ability modifier + other modifiers from class,race,feat, etc.

It's more flexible. Say the enemy breath a jet of noxious fumes, I could use my dex to evade or use my con to see if I can just resist the effects.

uaciaut

Augur

Instead of reflex, fort, will saving throws, all abilities can be used for saving throws where it makes sense, you simply roll d20 + ability modifier + other modifiers from class,race,feat, etc.

It's more flexible. Say the enemy breath a jet of noxious fumes, I could use my dex to evade or use my con to see if I can just resist the effects.

What do you use for "confusion", "berserk" and other mind-related altering effects? Most of the time i see will saves being used where will is directly affected by wisdom instead of int; can you use int for making any saves?

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Just had a read of it, not a lot of new information. It made me appreciate their earlier titles a bit more though considering they started Obsidian in Feargus's attic o_O

After being there for several months, we moved into an office park not too far away, contended with rats, a stinky duck pond with unusually aggressive ducks that would sneak up on you while having lunch, and the sketchy next door neighbors that would raid our kitchen and soda stacks (were they part of a bookie den or were they on-the-call financial investors… who knows?).
No wonder their early games were so buggy, can't concentrate when you have to be constantly aware of aggro ducks sneaking around.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

What do you use for "confusion", "berserk" and other mind-related altering effects? Most of the time i see will saves being used where will is directly affected by wisdom instead of int; can you use int for making any saves?
Usually which attribute you use is indicated on the effect. Like Cause Fear uses a Wisdom saving throw. Dominate Person uses Charisma. But with some creativity and circumstances allowing you can use another attribute for the saving throw.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Well, thanks to Funcroc and me (well, I just made a quick google search for her portofolio) the mysterious K. who did the Orleans and initial dwarf concept art was revelead. He joined Obsidian full-time in february.

Kazunori Aruga

http://artbykaz.blogspot.ch/

Some cool stuff there (non-pe releated)

niv.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom