Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Nope they're making a backer site like Wasteland 2 have, except they're also making a new Project Eternity website (and perhaps re-doing their entire current website as well).

The only person assigned to the task currently is Darren Monahan, and obviously the delay of the backer portal is evident of the work overload on him. They actually have job postings for a dedicated backend web developer and a backend web developer intern on their website and linkedin because of this.

http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/programming/646-backend-web-developer

http://www.obsidian.net/jobs/open-positions/programming/647-backend-web-developer-intern

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.formspring.me/GZiets/q/473333153650468889

RBz0MyV.png

Tom Selleck

Arcane
It loops back around, like a hipster Ouroboros, where the weird unicorn man sneers at the American Dad dad.

"Why did the hipster burn his mouth?"

"Because he ate the pizza before it was cool."

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'd categorize myself as a skater surfer hard rocker grunge metal head with the occasional sprinkle of 80s-90s hip-hopper.
edit: It just dawned upon me that I left out any mention of 'game stuff'. It's true. I don't play enough games anymore to consider myself a gamer. Primarily a music lover, comic book guy, film buff, slowly getting back to reading more books too but playing games is on a steady decline as far as an interest goes. Which is unfortunate I suppose.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
He's setting up Dyrwood to be a pretty blatant colonial North America analogue. I just hope they don't get into Dances With Wolves / Avatar territory of evil white colonists vs. noble savages.

coffeetable

Savant
He's setting up Dyrwood to be a pretty blatant colonial North America analogue. I just hope they don't get into Dances With Wolves / Avatar territory of evil white colonists vs. noble savages.

Well it is a criminally underused setting. I would be surprised if there isn't a "fuck colonialism" theme, considering Sawyer's posting career in LF, but hopefully it'll be a tad more subtle than Avatar.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It ain't that blatant. The colonies didn't have hereditary "erls" and elected monarchs.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Actually, the patroon system in New York State had hereditary Patroons which were somewhat analogous to Earls. Also its been argued that the South's plantation system was very similar to a de facto feudal political structure - the plantation is a large, hereditary estate which includes both land and people tied to the estate as property.

Bonus pedantry - the organization of political subdivisions in the US is basically that of feudal England - the basic unit is a county, which is the estate ruled by a count in the continental aristocratic scheme. In old Anglo-Saxon parlance, the county was ruled by an Earl and was called...wait for it...a Shire! Also the term Sheriff comes from Shire Reeve (Sheriff of Nottingham for example) and while the power held by the office has changed, the jurisdiction has not as a Sheriff is in charge of law enforcement for the county.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
were do the Fabulous Valian Negroids of high culture and wealth come in on that scenario?

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
were do the Fabulous Valian Negroids of high culture and wealth come in on that scenario?

Worst is that these most sophisticated Valian negroes are a failed attempt at being progressive.
When you think about it, it's probably one of the most racist thing white cisgendered Sawyer ever came up with

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom