Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Gozma

Arcane
Let the inevitable Bioware-styled PC-moralizing commence.
Just like that other game Sawyer was head designer on, Fallout: New Vegas. Totally Biowarized man.

I'm kind of expecting the New Vegas thing where Sawyer has all this shit in his head about the factions which he will disgorge on Something Awful and Formspring when almost none of it is evident in the game. A solid 90% of the stuff about the Legion on the Fallout wiki is based on forum posts.

Rake

Arcane
Let the inevitable Bioware-styled PC-moralizing commence.
Just like that other game Sawyer was head designer on, Fallout: New Vegas. Totally Biowarized man.

I'm kind of expecting the New Vegas thing where Sawyer has all this shit in his head about the factions which he will disgorge on Something Awful and Formspring when almost none of it is evident in the game. A solid 90% of the stuff about the Legion on the Fallout wiki is based on forum posts.
Good thing that PE is a series...

DraQ

Arcane
question: is it better to rename or to redefine a fantasy race? personally, I prefer redefinition. it requires a lot less paging space in my mind to remember "In Dark Sun, dwarves have no beards" than it does to remember "In Dark Sun, find'hargg are short, stout humanoids without beards." I'm all about a minimization of imaginary words. all hack fantasy settings use them and are worse for them. it's one of the few places Dragon Age fiction definitely goes right, in avoiding rebranding recognizable fantasy concepts.
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
:obviously:

Renaming is fine if and only if your conlang is meaty enugh to give you context and reasons for your nonstandard names, making it actually a redefinition on some other level.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even with the Legion depicted as super evil where you don't feel bad slaughtering them by the bucket load, New Vegas is not a liberal wet dream, if anything it makes libertarianism seem the best. Nor did I detect any kind of Biowarian style of writing in it.

Ramireza

Savant
Josh Sawyer is a LIBRUL, but I think he's the type of hip post-2000s liberal that respects gritty "authenticity" and nominal even-handedness (celebrity example: the creators of the HBO series The Wire).

Huh. Where'd those come from?

From a german Gaming Magazin.

I couldnt find them on the Obsidian Website and they arent apear in the actual Project Update. I gues they leaked from "somewhere".

Duraframe300

Arcane
Josh Sawyer is a LIBRUL, but I think he's the type of hip post-2000s liberal that respects gritty "authenticity" and nominal even-handedness (celebrity example: the creators of the HBO series The Wire).

Huh. Where'd those come from?

From a german Gaming Magazin.

I couldnt find them on the Obsidian Website and they arent apear in the actual Project Update. I gues they leaked from "somewhere".

Josh and Chris gettin' to behead some people.

:mca:

Gozma

Arcane
Even with the Legion depicted as super evil where you don't feel bad slaughtering them by the bucket load, New Vegas is not a liberal wet dream, if anything it makes libertarianism seem the best. Nor did I detect any kind of Biowarian style of writing in it.

I wasn't elaborating Rhalle's thing. Caesar did rattle off some Wikipedia Hegel, thus signposting the nominal philosophy of evil in New Vegas.

It was more of just a general complaint. Even if I think the Legion ended up kind of unfinished, it sucks that you can't have death of the author when he keeps footnoting more shit in on random forums.

hiver

4UFznHY.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane
JE Sawyer said:
As a note, those are all work-in-progress shots that were intended for (small) use in print. None of those are finished areas. Even the "original" area is still having work done on it.

Arkeus

Arcane
Project eternity continues to seduce our inner graphic whores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom