Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It may be nostalgia surfacing, but I so much prefer this look than a full 3D seen form 1st/3rd person perspective. :love:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
s3iZ105.jpg
Aha floating shadow (unless the guy has his left leg held in the air really awkwardly)

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Detailed Animat Factory screen:
b2wuTu7.jpg

THERE IS A MAGICAL OPERATION OF MAXIMUM IMPORTANCE

Malek's dungeon is fucking brutal no fucking blood ugh THE HEART. OF DARKNESS.
MicoSelva said:
It may be nostalgia surfacing, but I so much prefer this look than a full 3D seen form 1st/3rd person perspective. :love:

As a species we've been throwin pigments at the walls for countless thousands of years, and 3D modeling is, what, 30 years old? Painted backdrops are gonna look better for a long time yet. Awesomely.

DraQ

Arcane

It's not nostalgia. FPP is p. fucking old idea as well.
Fixed.
As a species we've been throwin pigments at the walls for countless thousands of years, and 3D modeling is, what, 30 years old?
314px-David_von_Michelangelo.jpg

:obviously:

307px-Vestonicka_venuse_edit.jpg
Evidently made with an early version of blender - when the only arcane command you can make sense of is a hammer everything you'll try to work with will end up a sorry, bashed-in mess.
:troll:

likaq

Arcane
Gfx is awesome.
Am I the only one who likes 3D/2D and iso/fpp/tpp equally?

crawlkill

307px-Vestonicka_venuse_edit.jpg
Evidently made with an early version of blender - when the only arcane command you can make sense of is a hammer everything you'll try to work with will end up a sorry, bashed-in mess.
:troll:

yesss the future of gaming is in sculpture backgrounds (is that Neverhood guy's KS making it btw)

villain of the story said:

holy fuck, I had no idea it was a Crowleyism. thought it was just some backdrop Nosgoth character's silliness. neat.

crawlkill

Aleister Crowley said:
The Vision and the Voice describes two additional methods of entering the Abyss. The first of these "concerns things of which it (was) unlawful to speak openly under penalty of the most dreadful punishment,"[5] namely receptive homosexual intercourse under the desert sun

total bullshit, doesn't work

edit: unless I've been in the void all along? Codex, is that you?

Rake

Arcane
A poster in the Obsidian forums, no idea if it's accurate.
P:E was title story in this magazine last month, the pictures are one month old.

information:
in the end you will be level 8-9 with side quest you can get to level 12(level cap).
cipher:
they can move objects per telekenisis
you must target an enemy or a friendly target as anchor for your skills.
An example they mentioned is that you can make a electronical field between you and your target and if one moves the field will move with it.
Your skill effects will affect the area near your anchor.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The level cap sounds right. Level 10-12 has always been the target. But yeah that bit is probably a quote from one of the developers/Feargus.

crawlkill

ughhh fantasy worldbuilding give me a nice fat transhuman future right in the mouth any day

not that growing big crazy structures doesn't sound cool

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom