Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Probably a good idea to not do anything game related this update to let the fire from last week burn out. Strategic Q&A update.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Probably a good idea to not do anything game related this update to let the fire from last week burn out. Strategic Q&A update.
well we sent them quite a lot of questions, too.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Sawyer on Dragons

Their intelligence develops very slowly. When they are wurms (li'l babyz) they are about as smart as cats (i.e. driven almost entirely by instinct). They are dangerous but not difficult for adventurers to kill (which they do, in droves). If they survive being wurms, after several decades, their intelligence has improved to somewhere in the range of primates. They are also much larger and more dangerous. This stage of development is the drake phase. It is when people really start getting alarmed about them and advocate hunting them down and killing them at any cost. Very few survive past the drake phase. The ones that do are bad news.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506352&pagenumber=450#post417318856

Arkeus

Arcane
So that means the Dragon proper have no real desire to protect their young/hide them...

Plus they must be laying thousands of eggs in a lifetime for even one to have a chance of reaching maturity. Sounds very vaguely Reign of Fire-ish, but even there the smallest ones were safely on top of the food chain. Sounds weird all in all, not sure why they didn't just go with different species.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Very "survival of the fittest" inclined Dragons, not sure how sociable these things will be, very nasty indeed. Will be interesting to see how they will aproach player interactions with them.

Sensuki

Arcane
I am pretty sure they have a Dragon egg 'event' in the Vertical slice, I think that village will become Dyrford or Loghome on the map.

Cynic

Arcane
D&D dragons are just awesome. It's great how they all have different kinds of traits and personalities, some more intelligent than the others.

It was always fun playing PnP to encounter these enormous, hugely dangerous beings and then have a conversation with them. I think BG2 managed to capture this feeling really well.

Hoping to see some stuff like that in PE.

Gozma

Arcane
I hope there are a lot of "Fuck you got mine" old dragons that are happy to continue the wurm/drake culling cycle so competitors for them never get the chance to get their foot in the door.

Cynic

Arcane
The best encounter I ever had with a Dragon in PnP was with a very old Gold Dragon who had developed a taste for spiced tea and wore spectacles. His treasure consisted of all sorts of rare teas and priceless tea sets, one of which had been crafted with a magical jewel that was essential for the party to complete a certain part of our quest.

bminorkey

from something awful:

Lotish said:
Either way, even if we meet a dragon that's as smart or smarter than a human, I want it to most definitely not think like a human. I want to feel like, if I'm capable of communicating with it at all, that it's like talking to an alien.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
8pzc.jpg

I kinda liked the Grimoire, such wise tips it gave me. Plus cheap blindness was neat.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Josh Sawyer said:
he's the antichrist, born in the year 400 to usher in the age of Satan. only he didn't feel like it so he changed his name to Aurelius Ambrosius, conquered britain, then retired to live as a druid until Uther hired him to help rape Ygraine
i made a conlang where y is a /iː/ sound and ppl said it looked weird and they didn't know how to pronounce it and i wanted to die
Alas, poor Josh. Making games for ignoramuses.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Those pics almost look like concept arts, and not rendered by the engine. There are smudged colors on the ground, like it was hand painted.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those pics almost look like concept arts, and not rendered by the engine. There are smudged colors on the ground, like it was hand painted.

That's why the gallery is called Project Eternity - Artworks und Konzeptgrafiken.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The art on those wilderness ruins shots is not that interesting, pity the low res.

What low res?

http://images.gamestar.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2410633/bigimage.jpg

Never mind, multitasking searching for redheads on the interweb.

And yes, those are definitely concept art and not very interesting ones at that, looks like something out of a random baldurs gate wilderness shot. Would need a bit more flair in my opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom