Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian's Project X - One more day

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope today everything is revealed. I asked Chris about it being a Kickstarter project, and he said that it is not long before he can reveal the secret.

Baron

Arcane
What do the words mean?
Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must.
!--. X . X X . X X -->
<!-- To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness. -->

The book unread is written. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?
Digging for truth buries the seeker.
<!--. X . X X . T X -->
<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. -->

I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering.
<!--. X . X X I T X -->
<!-- In time, waves washing against the fingers of Geiran's Grasp will call them back into the sea. The difference between you and the sea is that the sea does not stop. -->

This world wants us to drag it down, it does. It made you a Watcher. No one asks for that. And the weight, that guilt they want to hang around my neck, you don't have to carry it one more step. You think they won't let you rest, but it's not up to them. It never was.
<!--. T . X X I T Y -->
<!-- There is no sleep for the Watcher. -->

I've given this a great deal of thought, about a minute or so, when I suddenly realised, I just don't care.

<!--. T . X X I T Y -->

It's an 'S' and a 'H'.

19.XX91925

= XX September 1925

A quick search REVEALED
Sept. 3, 1925: Shenandoah Crash a Harbinger of Grim Future

http://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/2009/09/0903shenandoah-crash/

uss_shenandoah_f.jpg

High fantasy and zeppelins!

These are other signficant events of Sept '25, lest we forget.

1st - Pierre de Coubertin steps down as chairman of Intl Olympic Committee
2nd - The U.S. Zeppelin the USS Shenandoah crashes, killing 14.
3rd - 1st international handball match held << I KNOW THIS MEANS SOMETHING BUT WHAT??
3rd - Dirigible "Shenandoah" crashed near Caldwell Ohio, 13 die
5th - 112 F (44°C), Centerville, Alabama (state record)
5th - 29th US Golf Amateur Championship won by Bobby Jones
12th - 20th Davis Cup: USA beats France in Philadelphia (5-0)
13th - 1st US University for Blacks, Xavier University, opens in New Orleans
13th - Bkln Dodger Dazzy Vance no-hits Phillies, 10-1
18th - Bill Tilden wins 6th straight US tennis championship
19th - 45th US Mens Tennis: Wm T Tilden beats Wm M Johnston (46 119 63 46 63) <<< 19!!! THIS IS SOMEHOW SIGNIFICANT!
22nd - Yank Ben Paschal hits 2 inside-the-park-homers
23rd - George Kaufman's "Butter & Egg Man," premieres in NYC
23rd - Washington shortstop Roger Peckinpaugh is named AL MVP
26th - 8th PGA Championship: Walter Hagen at Olympia Fields CC Matteson Ill
26th - Italian sub "Sebastiano Veniero" lost off Sicily with 54 dead
29th - French Gen of Morocco, marshal Lyautey, is dismissed
29th - Greek republican constitution enforced
30th - General Pangulos disbands Greek parliament

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
What do the words mean?
Nothing. The Dirge of Eír Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must.
!--. X . X X . X X -->
<!-- To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness. -->

So the words mean nothing and are just here to troll us.

The book unread is written. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?
Digging for truth buries the seeker.
<!--. X . X X . T X -->
<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way. -->

The power is in its mystery, the reason we dont explain it is the reason we use it and the book unread is unwritten. In other words, we use these messages to create a mystery but it really has not much to do with the game.

I recognize your pain. Your kind must learn it comes from straining against the turning of the world. It spins thus. You cannot stop it. One day, you will wake up. You will stop pulling. The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering.
<!--. X . X X I T X -->
<!-- In time, waves washing against the fingers of Geiran's Grasp will call them back into the sea. The difference between you and the sea is that the sea does not stop. -->

In other words, you cannot make friday come any sooner, stop trying. When it's friday we will announce the game and you will know. Untill then we must suffer.

This world wants us to drag it down, it does. It made you a Watcher. No one asks for that. And the weight, that guilt they want to hang around my neck, you don't have to carry it one more step. You think they won't let you rest, but it's not up to them. It never was.
<!--. T . X X I T Y -->
<!-- There is no sleep for the Watcher. -->

Bla bla no sleep for the watcher. All we do is watch the countdown page and try to figure out the game.

I think this (at least the words onthe front page) has nothing to do with the actual game and the words are just trolling us.

Cherish and further illusions and rumors, for distortion and legend are what make folk happy and life alluring. Hiding a thing gives it value by the very act of cloaking.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could it be the Eternity engine as an Infinity engine 2.0?

No. They have Onyx. And why would they advertise the name of an engine nobody has ever heard about in their teaser? That doesn't make any sense.

This Infinity Engine nostalgism is really silly. There's an entire thread about it on the Obsidian forums. I guess some people miss 2D graphics so much and in their mind "Infinity Engine == 2D".

JrK

Prophet
Refurbish Onyx to do pseudo 2D, call it Eternity, makes sense to me. Not a fan of IE myself, it needs more pylons, and particularly turn based pylons.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Could it be the Eternity engine as an Infinity engine 2.0?

No. They have Onyx. And why would they advertise the name of an engine nobody has ever heard about in their teaser? That doesn't make any sense.

This Infinity Engine nostalgism is really silly. There's an entire thread about it on the Obsidian forums. I guess some people miss 2D graphics so much and in their mind "Infinity Engine == 2D".

No, people are nostalgic of beautiful 2d graphics - or even the most beautiful graphics, period. For example, I can't name a game more beautiful than Planescape.

kaizoku

Arcane
I'm actually a AI programmed to please the Codex and gather brofists. Once I'm the most brofisted person on the 'dex, MCA will turn me into a real boy .Sadly, Mrs. Bee is too much loved here for me to surpass her...

Also:

2EeCv.gif

The circle is now complete, my eyes don't cry blood from the outlines anymore!

however the real Master of the Fist is... sg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MCA should be the driver in that gif tho. Going ahead with eyes closed describes Obsidian well :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom