Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Of female characters in RPG's

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Greetings.
How do you prefer female characters to be portrayed in RPG's? Do you like them as chainmail bikini barbarians? Rogue/Bard type characters like Leliana or Sharwyn? Spellcasters?
Or do you like them "-4 Str go back to the kitchen"?
Finally,should there even be women in RPG's?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Greetings.
How do you prefer female characters to be portrayed in RPG's? Do you like them as chainmail bikini barbarians? Rogue/Bard type characters like Leliana or Sharwyn? Spellcasters?
Just do whatever Drakensang did.

BruceVC

Magister
Greetings.
Chainmail bikini armour when appropriate for the class but not when they sorceresses like in Witcher series

And I wouldnt play RPG if there were no women because it would be so unrealistic

BruceVC

Magister
Greetings.
Just do whatever Drakensang did.
And summarize it, what did they do in Drakensang. I havent played these games?

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
agility based warriors, rogues, bards and spellcasters.

I actually do include some women in all my parties nowadays, feels weird to leave them out. I don't make them the main DPS though, but rather support characters.

laclongquan

Arcane
I like good female characters.

As in, good dialog, approriate personality for their supposedly roles.

Like First Citizen Lynnette. Hated her with a passion after one of her famous tirade but that's because voice, dialog, and the visual are so well designed to up my bloodrate.

or Moira Brown. Her annoying voice was so fake... until I read some texts about "stay in the groove" to deal with stress and I can slot Moira as in "stay chipper" all the time to deal with the plentiful DC stress.

Or Cass. Or Veronica. Hell, Christine is a very good character before she even regain her voice.

Politic and agenda are not a problem if the doings are good (I dont even mind that gay Arcade but his problem being too late to our party).

Artyoan

Arbiter
If I were to make an rpg, female characters would have negatives to anything strength related, be on par as to agility based attributes, have a few exclusive magic schools unavailable to their male counterparts, both male and female characters would have some exclusive armors and accessories to each gender. Male and female characters should synergize.

Fargus

Arcane
I like them humble, likeable, preferably as secondary characters and with fitting gender roles, without warrior women bullshit etc. Even better if they don't have much agenda in the plot like it was in Gothic games or KCD. Exceptions can exist, but they are what they are - exceptions.

Sexualization is not that important to me, as long as they are feminine and not purpously ugly for the sake of what some landwhale or faggot on HRT perceives as "realistic portrayal of women". But i enjoy a fine pair of titties, great ass and sweet face like most here.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
How do you prefer female characters to be portrayed in RPG's?

Like that :
Everquest_2_babes.jpg

Anyone who thinks otherwise is the part of the "ugly women in media" problem and probably has sexual fantasies about Todd Howard.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I don't care how female characters are portrayed in RPGs or in any other media. What I care about is that they are made like real believable characters and don't try to push an agenda. Even if a female character only exists as a dumb blonde bimbo to add sex appeal to the game, it's cringe. If the woman is a woke tranny that exists for PR it's really cringe. A good female character is like any other good character: believable and interesting.

I like most female characters in the Wheel of Time series, the author likes to create strong females that are no pushovers and they come across as real and likable. My favorite is probably Nynaeve, who has a bad temper and likes to clobber men for their stupidity. Again, as long as the female character is made like a real character and is likable (or hateable) it's good.

My other rant thread is about female characters being protrayed not for story reasons by a talanted writer but by an agenda, and it's cringe and disappointing.

notpl

Arbiter
In a game with fixed party members they should be designed uniquely so as to be useful in their respective niche, if you create everything yourself then there should be no mechanical difference so that you aren't in any danger of gimping yourself if you decide to rock a harem/girl squad.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Female warriors were nearly non-existent in real life and for good reason. I don't want to see women in my party in melee. They shouldn't be using bows either because that requires more upper body strength than what they have.

Women in the party aren't immersion breaking if they're ranged spellcasters. I also allow exceptions for when there's a good explanation for the woman being strong enough to fight (e.g. Jaethal in Kingmaker being undead).

notpl

Arbiter
Female warriors were nearly non-existent in real life and for good reason. I don't want to see women in my party in melee. They shouldn't be using bows either because that requires more upper body strength than what they have.

Women in the party aren't immersion breaking if they're ranged spellcasters. I also allow exceptions for when there's a good explanation for the woman being strong enough to fight (e.g. Jaethal in Kingmaker being undead).
I've never played an RPG where actual high-poundage longbows firing hundreds of meters away are a factor, in typical gameplay they're being fired at distances of 15-20 meters tops which even a weak woman is perfectly capable of. Also, girl party members are naturally suited to backstabbing roguery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom