Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We need Dilithium printing R&D!

Subject37

Educated

Drakron

Arcane
Not exactly, Marauding is a KDF thing and as long KDF gets exclusive of it ... doesnt change too much.

What it does affect is chains because of the phone booth knife fight to the death assignments do to show up on the list, I suggest you finish those chains as fast as you can because I guess those will be broken.

Subject37

Educated
Not exactly, Marauding is a KDF thing and as long KDF gets exclusive of it ... doesnt change too much..

Only if they up the number of available missions in each of the 3 quadrant sectors they're consolidating down to. Right now I can easily pick up huge numbers of marauder missions by doing a sweep through Eta Eridani, Pi Canis, Regulus and Sirius. Will the same amount of marauder missions be available in the singular consolidated "Alpha Quadrant"? I sincerely doubt it.

Last edited:

Drakron

Arcane
True but this is why you run several characters ... of course there are timers involved, I have no clue in what the fuck they are doing but then again, I have no clue since LoR.

The one sector been something they wanted to do since launch, I assume they have some kind of plan to handle Duty Officer mission (like a Tab for each sector, this would at least allow DOFFing in the Gateway) but then again, this is Cryptic ... expect idiocy and failure.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Hooboy, looks like they've finally taken way too big bite for them to chew...I expect they will utterly break the game and it'll take months, if not at least a year to fix. Doffing will be broken, that's guaranteed and I bet they're gonna fuck up the planet/station placements etc.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Btw, use the mouse for the minigame.

And 800 is kinda shite which is why you get shitty rewards. Get over 2000 and you should start getting better stuff pretty frequently. I've gotten a few shards and fragments from scoring 2600.
At first I thought I would be to stupid for this game after hearing you guys getting 2300 and a sliver on average... To my relief it's not me. I did a test run on the Bajor traces, being in my own instance with no interference and... the theoretical maximum I could get is about 1400. The reason for this is: when the game changes speed, it jumps ahead several seconds in time, a big amount of molecules are not even displayed for me.
I am not even getting to the point where I can curse the RNG at all.
It's really comforting to know that I spend hours with this shit getting a sliver once in blue moon, while everyone else gets them all the time without trying hard.

What a pile of turd this game has become... and don't get me started on our Bug Hunt attempt yesterday.

Can't believe I say this, but: Drakron was ri-- uuuuh... Drakron was riiiiiii- aaaaah... Drakron was right all along. :salute:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Not exactly, Marauding is a KDF thing and as long KDF gets exclusive of it ... doesnt change too much..

Only if they up the number of available missions in each of the 3 quadrant sectors they're consolidating down to. Right now I can easily pick up huge numbers of marauder missions by doing a sweep through Eta Eridani, Pi Canis, Regulus and Sirius. Will the same amount of marauder missions be available in the singular consolidated "Alpha Quadrant"? I sincerely doubt it.
I am curious about that one too. Sometimes you already get all 6 freighter missions in one sector already, making farming with several alts quick. It would definitly make doffing a lot easier, hopefully even doable via a web interface.
No need to fly all the way up to the Eridan Belt only to find out the mission isn't there.

But... I have listened to Drakron and Norfleet long enough to know better than being optimistic.

Davidshky

Scholar
The reason for this is: when the game changes speed, it jumps ahead several seconds in time, a big amount of molecules are not even displayed for me.

Until yesterday I had actually never really experienced this bug but now I know what you're all talking about.

From what I can tell the amount of lag/skip seems to depend on the location so try running the minigame somewhere else.

Vaarna_Aarne

Here's a little something we can use anytime Cryptic announces any changes:
SExTLni.png

eklektyk

Erudite
it looks like they really want to "fix" last thing that works ...doffs

since this aniv evvent shows how retarded their servers are consolidating maps and puting more stress on servers is PrO move .... :sigh:

they waaaaaay past moronic and monkeys now ... simply put even broken and nonfunctioning clock shows right time once a day ....

they really need to work hard to fuck shit up on every try ... whatevher they do its a disaster of bugs and shitflow but BESTAH EXP EVAH AND PLAYERS LOVE IT! now with sector consolidation more brokednes and even MOAR LAGGGS !!! get it while its hot ....:puke:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am sorry for the server crash yesterday, it was my fault.
Using my mad mouse skillzzzz and opening a family pack of luck I finally managed to get my minigame score to over 9000 2000. Instead of just giving me a coloured trace, the game saw no other option to deny me that triumph than to commit sodoku before I could cash in my reward.

I am terriburu sorry for that inconvenience.

Come to think of it: just as D'Angelo has become head of the hamster department, the server crashed. That bodes well for the future.

eklektyk

Erudite
muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dilithium rewards from completing Event Reputation Projects no longer receive a bonus.
  • This also includes the large reward of 50,000 Dilithium a player earns when completing a reputation.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I imagine that has always been a thorn in their side. With the minimal effort needed to complete reputations now, a casual player could level a few alts during bonus xp and maximize the reps thanks to sponsorship in.. 20 days? During bonus dil you would cash those in AND all the iso injections/voth implants you collected along the way.
I know I did and never had to buy Cybershekelz thanks to that. Catfood farming gives scraps compared to that if you only trade it in once a day.

To be fair it was only a matter of time. Being a freeloader for years and still being able to get all the shiny toys certainly wasn't what they had in mind.
Maybe it's a sign that the whales who have financed us have cut back spending?

Ah well, it's not the end of the world. Unless the change to the sector map comes with a big timer for marauding, catfood is still enough for casual farmers like me.
Considering that pure fedlings have to live off the daily popquiz, satelite patrol, mining and what little dil doffing gives, we are still good.

It's similar to Neverwinter: your main source of potatos was always supposed to be daily dungeons/skirmishes/whatever, not an army of potatofarmers.

Edit: apparently the rep projects were already permanenty excluded last time, this time they only added events (like the Brobisek Adventures) to the list. Meh, already claimed my shotguns anyway.

Last edited:

Davidshky

Scholar
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22125201&postcount=12

Hey guys. We'd like to put an end to speculation over this, and instead let players just kick back and enjoy the Anniversary event, so we're going to do our best to explain today's changes to the Mini-Game. Hopefully it will set everyone's minds at ease.

When the Omega Stabilization Mini-Game went live, we began to notice a few design shortcomings in the reward structure:
- Many players were opening the game, and not interacting with it, having come to believe that their performance in the mini-game was detached from the random rewards.
- Earning a high score in the Mini-Game did not guarantee any sort of increase in rewards.

Today’s patch was intended to solve both of the above issues, by changing the reward structure so that earning a higher score now guarantees better rewards, making engagement in the game mean something that is easily verifiable, and always worthwhile.

The old scoring/reward system was built around random chance that gradually increased in score. But it still meant that even when earning a Perfect Score (2600) there was still a decent chance of receiving nothing more than a single Common Material.

Here is the new reward structure, based on Score, as they stand after today’s patch:

0-850 = 1 Common
851-1300 = 2 Common
1301-1700 = 3 Common
1701-2000 = 1 Uncommon + 1 Common
2001-2300 = 1 Uncommon + 2 Common
2301+ = 1 Uncommon + 3 Common

In addition to the above guaranteed rewards, scoring anywhere above 1301 grants you an additional small chance to receive a Rare or Very Rare Material.

(All Common Traces received in all of the above rewards will match the color of the node interacted with.)

Drakron

Arcane
Maybe it's a sign that the whales who have financed us have cut back spending?

Not exactly.
Its a sign of stupidity.

When they started to put Lock Box ships anyone with a brain would realize at one they would run out of them, so at start it was very easy to sell players those ships because they were few and many were ships from the show but at one point the market became saturated, few people would buy every ship so this was a dead end eventually.

Their response was making then more powerful to the point they even exhausted possible layouts so they decided that they would simply one up and create a new tier so they could do it again ... and this make people very weary of buying new ships, sure we have Vaarna as a example but then there is me, I have ships for all characters I have and I feel that I was ripped off.

Then come the other problem, queues ... they being stupid decided to add 2 more gear tiers and force everyone into spending millions of EC and hundreds of thousands of Dil to upgrade thats simply unsustainable and decided the best way for then to deliver content is making XP gaps from 50 to 60 so wide people cannot really hit 60 until months after in a casual play so they dont have to create content that survives the 3-4 month cycle.

People ditched alts because the XP curve, they only upgrade their "main" gear due to cost and that follows to Lock Box ships and C-Store ships, due to changes to difficulty people simply stopped PUG and this leads to dead queues ... hard to show your new shinny when the queue never pops and its not even something that is assured to carry the group and thats space, ground is far worst.

The system is anti-casual now, its also becoming more and more departed from Star Trek in aesthetics ... so the Trek fans that wanted to fly their favorite ship cannot do it with efficiency, the system is not designed to take shortcut but instead build as a deck card game like MtG were the underlinings of the system require existing knowledge of the system and a system were tooltips either are wrong or downright lie to you.

By pushing away the casuals they cut growth, eventually all that will be left are farmers because the ones that can beat their dungeons no longer require gear upgrade and thus dont need their services. the whales simply became tourists and leave without spending the money that Cryptic intends to take off their wallets because there is nothing for them to do.

The biggest sign is this ... Cryptic wants for players to buy Dil with Zen ... but Cryptic says they dont put Dilithium on the exchange so how is Dilithium going to end up there? They are so obvious stupid to basic supply-demand chain that honestly I am only surprised someone at PW didnt had enough of their antics and cleaned house.

Norfleet

Ahoy thar, Drakron. What Drakronity be you up to?
The biggest sign is this ... Cryptic wants for players to buy Dil with Zen ... but Cryptic says they dont put Dilithium on the exchange so how is Dilithium going to end up there? They are so obvious stupid to basic supply-demand chain that honestly I am only surprised someone at PW didnt had enough of their antics and cleaned house.
Fuck no, this is awesome. I have 100M to unload still. Has the market gotten better there? It's going to get there because I'll put it there, obviously.

Drakron

Arcane
Well Dil gone up a bit but still around 160's.

Until a new holding shows up its not going to improve, plus with a new CE going to show up in a month ... Cryptic might want but they arently really doing it because of the 1 step forward, 2 steps back ... as much they want to do that the events for their metrics are becoming more common and even with this Dil event nerf I could still pay for a whole set by maxing 3 Reps.

I just wish they made up their mind instead of being tsundare about P2W, the fact its hidden under layers of mechanics doesnt change it and too confusing to poor dumb whales (like me) means we found out our supposed P2W isnt because we doing it wrong and nothing in the game really says how to do it right.

Its too much MAGIC! THE GATHERING with random crap in the mix.

Until things became less dumb I am just taking it easier ... no rush to get anywhere since its going to be nerfed after I get there.

Edit:

I forgot to mention this, Omega Upgrade kits are account on pick up meaning they arent going to show in the exchange, if Vaarna wants to get on board I would suggest buying Omega Fragments and run the project as fast he can because it seems the Omega Project isnt going to leave, just the particles meaning mad dash to the exchange the moment that a) This is announced and their feeble minds realize what it means and b) event is nearly over and everyone goes nuts because supply is going away.

Also note the project for the kit is 20 hours.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Oh it's even better now:

On the one hand rewards for the omega minigame have been improved, after 2000 points you get a sliver and up to 3 colored particles.

But!

The amount of particles you can convert in a R&D task at once has been reduced from 5 to 1.
That means a single daily omega quest will reward you with 3x3 color particles and 3 slivers. But it takes 4 toons to process those to the next tier. Sure, the lower tasks take only 20-60 minutes or so, but slotting 5-packs over night is out now. Farming for only one hour will already create a huge backlog. I guess Craptic underestimated the amount of kits people can farm per day. :lol:

If they plan on removing the R&D task at the end of the event, the board will burn with rage from all those amassed particles. #BURN WITH ME! #drakron2014

Though I think they will leave them in since you cannot get fresh particles, not even Craptic would be so stupid... or are they?
But yeah, it is probably a smart move not to turn the fragments into kits for now if you want to monetize them, since the fragments are not bound. Yet.

Btw: did finishing the omega rep always pay 10 BNP? I was actually surprised by that, since 10 is all you need after all. Of course Delta pays no APC. Figures.

Edit: Not being able to convert more than one particle turns out to be a bug. Dodged a bullet there.

Last edited:

Davidshky

Scholar
If they plan on removing the R&D task at the end of the event, the board will burn with rage from all those amassed particles. #BURN WITH ME! #drakron2014

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22140231#post22140231

We recently came to the decision to allow the Omega Projects to remain available indefinitely, after the conclusion of the Anniversary Event.

We will be moving these projects to a new "Special Projects" R&D School in a future patch, so that they do not clutter up the Science R&D School as they currently are. The "Special Projects" School will behave very similarly to Officer Training in that it does not have any projects that reward, nor rely upon, Skill Levels or Research XP.

As stated previously, the Omega Stabilization Mini-Game (and thus source of Omega materials) will go away when the Event is over. But anything you have gathered between now and then will be yours to keep, and continue to refine forever.

Wouldn't surprise me if the omega minigame will make its return in the form of weekend events later on.

Vaarna_Aarne

The Romulan warbird does look p. badass. One of the Fed ones is also kind of nice (the slim, long one). Also, hangar bays galore.

Subject37

Educated
The Romulan warbird does look p. badass. One of the Fed ones is also kind of nice (the slim, long one). Also, hangar bays galore.

The KDF ships, on the other hand.... Jesus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom