Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open Call for Reviews

norolim

Arcane
I'll review the great game Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul and I'll mention the related Rage of Mages 1 & 2 in there shortly. Unfortunately I know nothing of the other Evil Islands games (russian release only I think).

You might also want to mention Evil Islands: Forgotten in Astrale [also knwown as: Evil Islands: Lost in Astral, Проклятые Земли: Затерянные в Астрале] made by a bunch of fans (grouped together in a studio they called Matilda Entertainment), and released as an official expansion.

Others are clearly being left undone because there's no interest, so I'll cut them.
Don't be too hasty with that. I'll gladly review more games, after I finish those, I'm currently working on.

The real issue is that youtube celebrities, and overall anyone that makes a living on add revenue, will always ask for a compensation.
I'd ask Joe anyway. He is known for his passion for games, and he did help people without compensation on several occasions.

Servo

Arcane
I loved Oblivion AND Fallout 3 before the Codex taught me to hate everything. Maybe I could go back in time and review them.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
There are many unique and interesting games out there. Sadly, many of them are bad or just mediocre, but there are some gems that do a lot of great things and are great games as well. Those should be exalted and pointed out by the book. So you can have 2 pages to cover Bloodwych. ;)

If they are not taken yet, I can review quest for glory 1 and anachronox.
Yes for Anachronox, wait a bit for QfG, I'm trying to get the guys from Heroine's Quest.

felipepepe you've got your hands full with editing. Want some help?
So far there's no actual editing going on... I only got 3 reviews 100% done, one of them by me:

UKegguu.png
Rq5f009.png

I should probably open a private Edit & Proofread thread, so volunteers can help slowly as they arrive, not get thrown 480 pages in the face and told "plx check!" by a retarded brazilian...

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, aim for the stars. Get Michael Kirkbride. :smug:

(Or maybe "Lawrence Schick on why Bloodnet sucked", heh)

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Is that shitty Legends of Valour game on the list? It was an influence on Elder Scrolls; getting Ted Peterson (designer on Arena and Daggerfall) on that could be interesting, if you could contact him some way.

Ninjerk

Arcane
What game is Tim reviewing?
Star Control 2, his favorite RPG ever.

You should get Tom Chick to review Deus Ex.
Ian is doing Deus Ex. I'm curious to see what the lead designer of the next Mass Effect game thinks on that one. Might shed a light on the future.
I was hoping Ian was the guy that gave a... telling quote about PST companions, but it turns out that was Mike Laidlaw. What is Ian's last name?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
felipepepe

I think could convince Fluent to make a Nehrim/Oblivion review. I think he'll need 2 pages. (Nehrim is the better Oblivion IMHO and deserves one page!)
He has good connections to SureAI the developers of Nehrim and already made an interview with them.
Please send him a PM.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I was hoping Ian was the guy that gave a... telling quote about PST companions, but it turns out that was Mike Laidlaw. What is Ian's last name?
Ian S. Frazier, the guy behind Ultima V: Lazarus. Of course, he will also do Ultima V. ;)

BTW, Martin (DJ) Schmidt, the guy behind DJ Old Games just joined us. His website is IMHO the best of its kind, and has a lot of cool stuff like magazine scans, reviews from the time, .png screenshots and all that. :)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Two things:

A: the guy that was reviewing Drakensang gave up, if anyone wants to take his burden just tell me.

B: Is about time I decide on a title for the book. Currently it is "The cRPG Player's Handbook", what you guys think of that, and do you have any suggestions?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Let's brainstorm, post whatever comes to you mind:

The CRPG Player's Handbook

The fan's guide to computer role-playing games

The Book of CRPGs:
A love letter to a genre

The CRPG Companion
Your guide to digital lands of wonder

Lands of Wonder:
A Guide to Computer RPGs

Damn, my first idea is the best, problem is that it gets corrected by google into "The RPG Player's Handbook", and there are zillions of those. :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom