Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Our Gothic 3 review

Shagnak

Shagadelic
aweigh said:
Here's some pics from the semi-recent PS2 Wizardry title, "Tale Of The Forsaken Land"
Interesting. Didn't even know it existed.
Do you have some first hand impressions?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Heh, yeah, some crazy Wizardry game names there too!
"Busin 0: Wizardry Alternative Neo" :lol:

I'm especially interested in the one that aweigh mentions, as it seems to be one of the very few PS2 ones that got an American release. Had a look at a couple of reviews, sounds moderately appealing. Maybe my PS2 will get used for something other than the missus' Singstar after all...if I can find it.

Nevarion

Novice
tetsuo said:
This is the problem i see here, you people seem to like G3 because it is not Oblivion.It seems to have some kind of exotic and indie feeling for you guys or something like that, it isnt that way here, Gothic is a big Hype Game over here and very Mainstream.
I was Gothic fanboy from the first Game on, but i just cant like this Game it doesnt feel like the gothic i loved anymore, it feels more like a bad Oblivion Clone, it has worse and way to mutch combat then the last Games, worse story and dialogue, the friends from the past games dont matter anymore and so on, ontop of that its buggy and unfinished (previous Games where buggy too but not unfinished) so maybe its a good Game for Americans who are new to the series but many German old time Fans here would have hoped for so mutch more.

I agree. Shame really. Especially the hype is what, in my opinion, killed the game in the end. How's the saying? Bigger, better, faster, more? Or something along these lines.
Anyway it aint a bad game... just no Gothic for a german 'fanboy' like me anymore.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I gotta say that whether I end up liking or disliking Gothic ; to me it's better than either earlier Gothic game or any ES game. I couldn't play any of those more than a few hours before I wnated to hurl it against a cement wall. With Gothic - even with its MANY faults - at least i can actually play it and enjoy it somewhat. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom