Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Outward is hard as shit (Rant)

Drowed

Arcane
Outward is a clear evolution of the genre. Instead of a walking simulator, it is a running simulator. Unfortunately the flight simulators were already dominated by Microsoft, so I don't think there is much more progress to be made here.

Murk

Arcane
Outward is a clear evolution of the genre. Instead of a walking simulator, it is a running simulator. Unfortunately the flight simulators were already dominated by Microsoft, so I don't think there is much more progress to be made here.

Swimming? Why fly when you can dive.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, this game seems amazing. IS magic in the game dangerous? I really wanna play a game where magic is dangerous even to the caster. IE - Fireballs can blow up in your own hand, you can lose control over your undead and so on. I know that some TTRPGs does that eg - wodpedia.wikidot.com/lure-of-flames but IDK any CRPG which does that.

The unique downside of this game is the controller focused controlsl and seems that longbows aren't deadly like they should be.

Efe

Erudite
victor this game is not your cup of tea.
please do not start shitposting about summoning many creatures at once or how warlocks were nerfed in nwn2...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
please do not start shitposting about summoning many creatures at once or how warlocks were nerfed in nwn2...

LOL, i only got interested because TemplarGR criticized the game. Everything that he criticize is good and he enjoys even fallout 76. Anyway, i enjoy a lot of games which doesn't have powerful magic or necromancy, Dragon's Dogma is the most iconic example, best longbows ever. I just believe that no necromancy is better than ultra nerfed one and that adaptations should be faithful to the source material(not only CRPG's)

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Outward is probably 60% of the way to being a good rpg. I think the first map was good Gothic fare but the game really just ran out of gas and didn't deliver half of what it needed to in the rest of the game. That said I played this game, like, last year, so who knows what they added in patches. But the progression through map two three and four was not that enjoyable at all.

Hard to recommend when there's a whole bunch of GOAT games in the form of Deus Ex 1 mods still to play in my backlog that I need to get around to.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How is the modding scene for outward? I din't liked certain things watching a video and wanna know if i can easily mod the game

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are firearms great in this game? I know that are earlier firearms, but can you walk with 10 loaded flintlock pistols and change from one to another, you can do a lot of damage... And be able to put a bayonet into a musket and charge after shooting seems interesting too.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not saying the OP fits the bill, but this thread gave me an idea. We gather up all the narcissitic people out there making people's lives a misery; and insist that they play this game. If it's half as hard as the OP suggests, they'll spend their lives trying to master it because it's an affront to their sense of superiority.

And that's the solution. They spend more time dying in a game, and less time fucking up other poeple's lives. :incline:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Are firearms great in this game? I know that are earlier firearms, but can you walk with 10 loaded flintlock pistols and change from one to another, you can do a lot of damage... And be able to put a bayonet into a musket and charge after shooting seems interesting too.
Are there even muskets? Pretty sure there are only single shot pistols that can only be used as an offhand weapon. You can't have more than 7 pistols quick slotted because you only have 8 quickslots and you need one for the load/fire skill.

Murk

Arcane
Are there even muskets? Pretty sure there are only single shot pistols that can only be used as an offhand weapon. You can't have more than 7 pistols quick slotted because you only have 8 quickslots and you need one for the load/fire skill.

You can equip from inventory while keeping distance.

I've noticed the skill that uses metal fragments to load a shot is faster than normal reloading and often use that "in the heat of the fight". It's impact damage also means you basically drop an enemy on their ass with each shot.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've noticed the skill that uses metal fragments to load a shot is faster than normal reloading and often use that "in the heat of the fight". It's impact damage also means you basically drop an enemy on their ass with each shot.

Cool. There is explosive and incendiary ammo? Can i mix magic with ammo?

I know some men who are friends with the game's main developper. As I understand it, he believes himself to be some kind of entrepreneurial genius. He made it and accomplished his dream, and now your suffering fuels his superiority complex and his parvenu personnality. It's amazing. Winners and loosers. Remember that. You got plebs who just don't have it, and the rising man, the one who takes destiny into his own hands ; so play this game with a purpose, realise the dream, go all the way!!!

What in the hell is this vomit on my screen ?

The game is shit, plain and simple.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After a FL76 fanboy criticizing the game and the Sseth review, i purchased the game, with a slow processing method, so i will only play tomorrow. No, i don't expect to me a amazing necromancer simulator, but traps and firearms seems amazing in the game. With a lot of "cheese" potential. If the game becomes frustrating, i can use cheat engine(but believe that will not need)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL this game is good example for scam and stupidity of gamers. The game doesn't have manual saving because the devs can't code that shit and decided to make it console first with the autosave,and the fans think that it is hardcore lol. The game is empty and a running sim because the devs run out of unity random assets and couldn't bother spending time in to level design,but nah fans see it as some amazing journey to find yourself while enjoying the view or some such shit. There is no story because the devs are lazy gits that couldn't come up with anything interesting,but nah it is show-don't tell kind of story lol.

People that like this shit are retards.

Murk

Arcane

Cool. There is explosive and incendiary ammo? Can i mix magic with ammo?

Each pistol has it's own effect -- so the obsidian one dies fire (and DOT), the bone one does undead/spectral and is effective against ghosts that are otherwise resistant to neutral/physical, etc. There's also a large caliber "high impact" one and a few other variations. You have some pistol related skills that verge on magic as well like one that uses your blood for a bullet and reheals you, or the shrapnel shot which is my favorite which does less damage but does high "impact" and has a very high chance to knock an enemy down. They fire fast but take a while to reload, so they're more of a mid-fight "gotcha". Though if you want to, you can very easily make a pure pistol build -- it would just get repetitive. I like mixing 1-handed axes or maces with pistols.

If you learn the passive grimoire ability with magic that lets you use runes without a book out, you can then use a pistol + magic without needing to swap your offhand (pistol and grimoire occupy same slot), or you can just quick swap from one to the other.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
LoL this game is good example for scam and stupidity of gamers. The game doesn't have manual saving because the devs can't code that shit and decided to make it console first with the autosave,and the fans think that it is hardcore lol. The game is empty and a running sim because the devs run out of unity random assets and couldn't bother spending time in to level design,but nah fans see it as some amazing journey to find yourself while enjoying the view or some such shit. There is no story because the devs are lazy gits that couldn't come up with anything interesting,but nah it is show-don't tell kind of story lol.

The individual dungeons actually have really good level design. Better than almost any 3d game I've played. And you can unlock normal saving with a console command. To act like they didn't incorporate it because they don't know how might be the dumbest thing you've said. If a team can make a semi functioning game they can make a save feature. They just don't want idiots like you to wander into their game and save scum because you can't manage yourself

deama

Prophet
When I heard about Outward, a survival rpg that pulled no punches, I jizzed in my pants. But in the end, I could never really get into it because of the consumables and the magic system. And character progression seemed bland unlike, say, Kenshi, in which you started as a wimp and eventually became a master. So I am interested in an answer to this as well.

One of the best things about Kenshi is your character visually changing as their stats increase. I wish more games would show visible progression on characters.

I liked how Gothic in a similar vein gave you faster and more badass looking combat animations as your weapon skills increased.
It's easy to mod physical progression into gothic. There's a console command that allows you to adjust your character's "fat", which makes him look more buff if you don't overdo it. There's also a character height, width, and thickness adjustment. It's so easy I was very surprised the devs didn't do it, would have made progression even better.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The individual dungeons actually have really good level design. Better than almost any 3d game I've played. And you can unlock normal saving with a console command. To act like they didn't incorporate it because they don't know how might be the dumbest thing you've said. If a team can make a semi functioning game they can make a save feature. They just don't want idiots like you to wander into their game and save scum because you can't manage yourself
Somehow i am not surprised that you like it...i wonder why......

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom