Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Paradox and Obsidian to announce something evil on March 15th

agris

Arcane
Patron
There's not necessarily much crossover between people who are interested in politics and people who are interested in games.

Regardless, Mega Tuesday, Obsidian announcement, plus hilarious "Discussion on the Gaming Community" panel at SXSW = extremely news-heavy day.
The general discussion forums on the codex are much more popular the the rpg related ones, I think there's a massive overlap in interests.
Doesn't that mean the opposite? More people are interested in GD / politics than talking about CRPGs.

himmy

Arcane
I disagree. I mean, just look at the Codex itself, Reddit, NeoGAF, even YouTube channels. These are the communities with people who'd care about a stream like this. It's also a subject that will dominate social media.

Well I know I'm going to be multitasking.

Why, you'll get all the news on the Codex. It's basically a big feedreader for games and politics

I wouldn't necessarily describe spewing impotent rage directed at minorities as politics, but fine.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
I disagree. I mean, just look at the Codex itself, Reddit, NeoGAF, even YouTube channels. These are the communities with people who'd care about a stream like this. It's also a subject that will dominate social media.

Well I know I'm going to be multitasking.

Why, you'll get all the news on the Codex. It's basically a big feedreader for games and politics

I wouldn't necessarily describe spewing impotent rage directed at minorities as politics, but fine.

That's because you are a faggot.

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter

sws_m03_emotions.jpg

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
PoE is awesome, though. It was also not developed for consoles, but that may be too complex for you to understand.

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
No don't worry, however sarcasm fled all the way over your head it seems.

But it kinda bugs me, do you really believe that the fact this 2012 project was originally pitched for xbox has - any - relevance to its state today (or in November 2015 for that matter) ? Especially considering they may (pure speculation) have repitched it to Paradox (aka "never-published-a-single-console-game").You didn't think this through did you ?

Unwanted

Irenaeus III

Unwanted
Shitposter
Yeah, last I head it was an Skyrim-style project called Coldlands or something similar. Probably as boring and derivative.

:d1p:

DeepOcean

Arcane
The name was Stormlands, people only care because there was Avellone writing in it, could be a Skyrim clone that the lore and story didn't completely suck. Gameplay was another story, Xbox One is a certificate for shitness.

Fairfax

Arcane
The name was Stormlands, people only care because there was Avellone writing in it, could be a Skyrim clone that the lore and story didn't completely suck. Gameplay was another story, Xbox One is a certificate for shitness.
He never worked on it, though.

Nines

Learned
Popamolelands then. Although Paradox is not really into conslows, they recently started pushing some PS4 games (Magicka 2, Hollowpoint, and canceled Runemaster), so yeah it can be multiplatform.
Funny thing is, the developer of Hollowpoint was previously a Microsoft's bitch too, developing a bunch of games for them, including Kinect-oriented.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stormlands was cancelled. The new game, which is the Project Vermont I mentioned in the OP, will not be called that.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stormlands was cancelled. The new game, which is the Project Vermont I mentioned in the OP, will not be called that.
Is there any reason to believe it's not the Eora Skyrim killer?

Well, yes. That personality quiz suggests that this isn't a fantasy game.

(The alternative is that this "Human Resources" evil game is a separate Paradox game, and Obsidian's logo only appears because they're going to appear during the stream to announce their game as well. But that seems weird.)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Whoa - here we go. It's Project Vermont.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/toonces

* Designer on Neverwinter Nights 2 (PC)
* Writer on Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (PC)
* Lead System Designer on Alpha Protocol (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Area Designer on Fallout: New Vegas (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Systems Lead on Dungeon Siege III (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Lead Designer on South Park (PC/Xbox360/PS3)
* Writer on Pillars of Eternity (PC)

* Designer on Unannounced Project

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bheins

Project Director
Obsidian Entertainment
February 2014 – Present (2 years 2 months)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom