Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Paradox Development Studios to Announce Two New Projects

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Update 3:
Project Nero:
Is this a troll attempt ?

Project Armstrong:
There will be a rocket on a loading screen.

Calling it now. Nero is a fantasy game and Armstrong is HoI IV. I think the dude that said tank has sharp eyes.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
HoI4 extending all the way to the Cold War would be p. cool. Aliens could not challenge Planet Deutschland.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Cosmos Kings! Collect an impressive intergalactic harem! Purge the xenos (that you don't like)! Create a genetically superior ruling class! Fight off rebellions from your planetary governors!

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Cosmos Kings! Collect an impressive intergalactic harem! Purge the xenos (that you don't like)! Create a genetically superior ruling class! Fight off rebellions from your planetary governors!

Tasteful xeno harem? If so, Bioware's gonna lose their audience.

In all seriousness, a space feudalism game in the style of Crusader Kings would be something I'd buy. Especially if it had genetic modification so that you can modify your ruling class into transhuman abominations. Or better, turn prisoners into the blob creature from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

XenomorphII

Prophet

In all seriousness, a space feudalism game in the style of Crusader Kings would be something I'd buy. Especially if it had genetic modification so that you can modify your ruling class into transhuman abominations. Or better, turn prisoners into the blob creature from I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

So would I. I would Day 1 Purchase that.

I want to thrown asteroids into planets and get know as the craziest dick in space.
I want to force people into eugenics programs wherever they want it or not and breed a super-race!
To thrown indestructible menaces into black holes!
And finally answer the question: Can Poland Into Space?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

I want to thrown asteroids into planets and get know as the craziest dick in space.
I want to force people into eugenics programs wherever they want it or not and breed a super-race!
To thrown indestructible menaces into black holes!
And finally answer the question: Can Poland Into Space?

Crap, I think I'm going to be disappointed if it's not this extremely awesome game that we just made up on the fly.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
How about a cyberpunk gsg ? Where big corporations compete against each other for the control of da wurld.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I'm surprised if it's gonna be HOI 4 but then HOI 3 was kind of failure, even with expansions/dlcs.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter

Domain.......: HEARTSOFIRON4.COM (DOM-529208)
Status.......: OK
Amended......: 2014-01-10 13:32:17 (CET/CEST)
Created......: 2014-01-10 13:32:17 (CET/CEST)
Expires......: 2015-01-10 13:32:17 (CET/CEST)

Pretty much. Too bad I was hoping for some Victoria 3, with a more elaborate diplomacy (fucking wargoals) and more transparency.

Other title must be some cheap Warlock in Space.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Space? Unlikely. They're publishing some yet unannounced space game. The hints for Nero also have not indicated space in the slightest. It's HoI IV and some fantasy game. The fantasy game is likely to run with their Majesty/Warlock IP.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Armstrong is HoI IV. I think the dude that said tank has sharp eyes.

That was me. I actually have horrible vision but I know a T-34 when I see one.

I still think Nero is probably Roman related because, well, Nero. But Nero implies decline so I think it'll be a fall of Rome/Dark Ages type game. It would make for a very diverse game possibly starting out with a four-way Roman civil war and various factions gaining independence about the fringes of the Empire. This also skirts passed the typical Roman time period in case Paradox worried they'd be too closely competing with the Total War series, but they'd still be in the same general area of interest... who knows.

Snooping around the internets, I found this which suggests it isn't sci-fi or fantasy - unless it's a non-grand strategy game, which is possible. The only reason I doubt it is because they've already got Warlock 2 coming out and the developers have been fairly ardent in saying a Majesty 3 will more than likely never see the light of day.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I still think Nero is probably Roman related because, well, Nero. But Nero implies decline so I think it'll be a fall of Rome/Dark Ages type game.

That would be fucking great. Reminds me of this game
Jon-Shafers-At-the-Gates-PC-Kickstarter-Announcement-Screenshot-1.jpg

Though, If they ever make a game in the ancient world, I wish the graphical interface would be a bit more involved. Just a bland European map with discrete regions doesn't cut it. Let's not waste opportunities to see those pretty Roman ruins and the scenery should be relevant to the gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom