Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Passageway of the Ancients - Baldur's Gate-Like RPG with Dual-Persona Character Development

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I normally dislike RtwP, but I'm still excited for this one. It has this unique quality, you feel it's a project fueled by love and passion for the genre, immediately after looking at it. They always grab my attention, in the sea of souless products masquerading as RPGs.

Have you tried the demo? I'd recommend it, see what you think.

:prosper:
  • I assume the writing is ESL and is an interesting "big brain" word salad for most of it with a few typos / missing words in sentences.
  • The assets and UI kind of remind me of Din's Curse in terms of budget and presentation.The RTwP combat feels weightless and uninteresting (but this could just be the tutorial - I didn't have interest in playing more of it tbh).
  • There are a lot of combat options and that could be interesting, though the implementation is fairly clunky (menu options, save menu, watch it play out by way of autoattack.
  • This kind of sucks because it feels like the video game version of an Ed Wood movie: lots of passion and an earnest attempt at making something great, but not matched by the prowess required to pull it off. I hope it comes together and is a good time for anyone who picks it up on release, but right now I just don't see it.

JonG

Passageway Games
Developer

mediocrepoet

We hope the full version will be quite a bit more than the demo. Pleas check out the new version of the demo that will be available late Friday

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
@JonG Any fixes to the character model faces?
Exactly what do you mean by fixes to character model faces?
The eyeliner on non-asian males because of some problems with character models

This issue you are pointing out has its origins in the fact that some of our models have issues with the way eyes were modelded and textured and the fix unfortunately make them look a bit dicey sorry for the irritation.

JonG

Passageway Games
Developer

to BosanskiSeljak

Oh yes that one! No that would take a core change to the base model's primary textures. That would be difficult to change at this point. I believe we have more than one non Asian like group represented on Arieyon try one of the others see if the problem persists

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom