Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - crossplay cross platform progression couch co-op confirmed

Peachcurl

Cipher
It's less than one year. LESS THAN ELEVEN MONTHS EVEN!

At least that's the dates I see, June 7th 24, not July.

ADL: is July in the opening post a typo, or from some different source?

frajaq

Erudite
new orb art

NhFjYyk.png

Gerrard

Arcane
D2 was not a zoomer game unless you consider skipping all packs with Enigma and just killing boss zooming.
Yeah, javazon says hi as well as FRW hammerdin. Totally not 'zoomer'. No one forces you to spam flicker strike / fire dash / shield bash etc in PoE 3.x, you can play to your heart's liking. Here they seem to intend to force you to use this anti-ARPG dash roll as if it's a DS game and not a PoE1 successor.
The rates at which rewards are designed force you to, same with many league mechanics, and even some boss fights which have de facto DPS checks in the form of damaging shit piling up in the arena.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
They obviously look better but yeah, there was no need to turn everything into faces.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Separate game. Doesn't matter when it comes out. I'd rather GGG takes their time instead of deliver whatever D4 is.
Diablo 4 has nothing going for it but a decent art style. And PoE2 already has that.
Both look generic af to me. Not much transparency fx because deferred renderer. No MSAA. Pass. Also animations nowhere near good enough for slow+barrel roll.
Maybe PoE mobile has MSAA:dealwithit:... Was there minion showcase at all?

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
@ADL: is July in the opening post a typo, or from some different source?
My bad. Corrected.
The rates at which rewards are designed force you to, same with many league mechanics, and even some boss fights which have de facto DPS checks in the form of damaging shit piling up in the arena.
100% I would love to see anyone practicing what they preach with an extremely sub-optimal build. Not gonna get very far.

ADL

Prophet

Path of Exile 2 Devs 'Feel Sorry' for Blizzard Amid Diablo 4 Season 1 Struggles​

Asked what separates Path of Exile 2 from Diablo IV, Rogers said that Blizzard's action RPG is on what he would call an "MMO path."

"They certainly have a lot more around like cool down rotations and things like that, but also just the more open world design and that kind of thing," Rogers said. "Whereas we're going more in the kind of like Elden Ring sort of direction. It's much more action-focused, but with a sort of hardcore bent."
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/path-of-exile-2-diablo-4-developer-interview

Perkel

Arcane
Uh i don't think many people noticed this. The reason why Scion wasn't shown is because there is major change in tree. every class starts from middle and has access to all trees. So if you start as witch you don't need to go whole middle part just to get melee nodes.

I don't think scion will be featured in POE2.

image.png

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The weapon swap alone exposes Blizzard’s creative bankruptcy completely.
Not only that, but designing a system where players are encouraged to use many skills, because they have beneficial combos, rather than cooldowns and filler skills to ramp up like D4 does.

D4 design is stuck in the past.

Reinhardt

Arcane
100% I would love to see anyone practicing what they preach with an extremely sub-optimal build. Not gonna get very far.
i remember playing ssf cleave duelist consistently into red maps for few leagues. too lazy to paint atlas for ubers or grind to 90, but it's not THAT bad.
and ssf cleave scion.

Ba'al

Scholar
PoE2 is ruthless with gold lmao. I don't know why I'm not excited though, since I actually like ruthless.

Uh i don't think many people noticed this. The reason why Scion wasn't shown is because there is major change in tree. every class starts from middle and has access to all trees. So if you start as witch you don't need to go whole middle part just to get melee nodes.

Why would you think every class has access to all trees? The picture you posted shows only the bottom left nodes highlighted. Scion is confirmed gone, yes.

Perkel

Arcane
They have shown POE mobile. And it looks rough as hell.
It is not normal POE they have shown last time. IT is completely bespoke game for mobile. Prequel to POE1, new classes etc. new story etc.

Basically they will be developing 3 games at the same time. Not just POE1 and 2.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

image.png
Are you sure that is what this is showing? Looks to me it's just artwork in the middle, you can't connect skill tree through it.

New scion could be that you get to pick one starting location, and then extra as you get ascendencies.

----------------
According to le reddit:
  • Normal monsters dont drop flask charges
  • Bench is gone (and so are metamods most likely)
  • Quicksilver is removed
  • Alterations/Scouring Removed
This is kinda interesting. Flasks in shambles (hf crafting them with no alts), basic crafting dead, campaign gonna be slow with no qs.

Perkel

Arcane
Changes i picked up from stream from day 2:

-----------------------
Each attack skill is connected to weapon class. No longer you will have skills that can be used by any weapon.
IT used to be like that early in POE but later on they just said fuck it and made almost any skill usable by any weapon.
------------------------
more weapon classes (not all weapon classes are on tree, those are the ones they announced in exilecon. Probably polearms will have their own class now)
image.png

------------------------
Each armor stat have now proper own type of item. So STR gloves are mittens while DEX are gloves, INT are wrappings etc. Unique item art will be connected to base item. So if Unique item has base of leather jacket then unique item will signal in it's design it is leather jacket.
------------------------
At launch each item base will have it's own unique.
------------------------
thow axe skill
------------------------
each weapon category will have difference in speed, crit, damage and what skills they can use
------------------------
implicits now are specific to weapon type not class. examples gives:
Ember Axe - does only physical damage
Crumbling hammer - kills enemies on crit strike.
image.png

image.png
Are you sure that is what this is showing? Looks to me it's just artwork in the middle, you can't connect skill tree through it.

Because you don't need to. In POE1 in order for you to create witch that is good with swords and uses armor/evasion you needed to go through middle of tree wasting like 15-20 points.

In PO2 it seems every class has Scion ascendancy "gain access to other charcter class tree start" but instead of 2 classes, all of them.

So tree instead of being ring that has areas dedicated to each class is instead centered with branches coming out of it. So With lvl 10 character you can have 5 points in INT tree and 5 points in STR tree. OR 5 points in INT/STR and 5 points in DEX tree.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
In q&a they talked about no pathing through middle so that's prolly right, just artwork.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Another major change i picked up from stream.
Each attack skill is connected to weapon class. No longer you will have skills that can be used by any weapon.
IT used to be like that early in POE but later on they just said fuck it and made almost any skill usable by any weapon.

image.png

Because you don't need to. In POE1 in order for you to create witch that is good with swords and uses armor/evasion you needed to go through middle of tree wasting like 15-20 points.

In PO2 it seems every class has Scion ascendancy "gain access to other charcter class tree start" but instead of 2 classes, all of them.

So tree instead of being ring that has areas dedicated to each class is instead centered with branches coming out of it. So With lvl 10 character you can have 5 points in INT tree and 5 points in STR tree. OR 5 points in INT/STR and 5 points in DEX tree.

They specifically said characters had their old tree starts - and that the new classes borrow other characters’ starting locations.

Perkel

Arcane
They specifically said characters had their old tree starts - and that the new classes borrow other characters’ starting locations.

They said that new classes will start from same place/s as old classes not that they will have same starts as in old tree. Which doesn't mean old classes start in same place as in old POE1 tree.

Mind you that passive skill tree in POE2 is not something GGG discussed at all and it is confirmed from demos people played that skill tree is not accessible by them. Only two screenshot exist one above I shown and one where they have shown weapon T1/T2 thingy.

Screenshot above is way too structured to be just random placed art. They didn't confirm it but it seems that all characters will start from same place. And it seems logical. With some adjustments to tree you can change it so that you can do it.

This should increase amount of builds a lot.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Must admit, I'm cautiously optimistic for this. As much as I think splitting the player base is bad, they now have much more freedom to do their own thing now there isn't any attached baggage from the original game.

Also sounds like Chris Wilson is sticking to influencing POE classic and has far less influence over POE2.

Perkel

Arcane
There is actual split in POE2 for weapons and casting weapons. Weapons have all stats we know and casting weapons do not have any damage on them or weapon speed etc. They have instead build in skills.

eg.:
image.png

Perkel

Arcane
Must admit, I'm cautiously optimistic for this. As much as I think splitting the player base is bad, they now have much more freedom to do their own thing now there isn't any attached baggage from the original game.

Also sounds like Chris Wilson is sticking to influencing POE classic and has far less influence over POE2.

Yeah so far it literally looks like they are adressing everything wrong with POE1 over course of last 5 years. I mean melee combat was actual true melee in streams not just let's put STR spell and random weapon animation. As someone who loves melee... yeah poe is back for me.

Imho they are effectively giving players choise here how POE will be shaped. We will see how many zoomers will stay with POE1.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
This will be the true Diablo 1 Reborn (d1r!) I have been waiting for for the last 23 years!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Melee looked like true melee in that Octavian’s boss experience was the equivalent of ass cancer and completely made it seem like ranged builds will still be the way to go

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom