Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - isometric souls with loot (beta coming late 2024)

ArchAngel

Arcane
... but that means it was good. :(

Using game journalists as a test audience is retarded.
Depends on if you want 100 000 players or 1 000 000

or 10 000 000, worked for From Soft.
This is a different game, but they can try to grab that crowd. Although different camera and control scheme might be a problem for that crowd.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

He continues on to say that while Ruthless feels like ass in PoE1 due to incompatible design, in PoE2 they can build the entire game around it and it will feel better. And that Ranger felt much better to play compared to melee. Also obviously new players won't even know what they are missing, because they don't have the PoE1 reference.

I feel like when PoE2 launches, the existing PoE1 community will be quickly taken over by the flood of Elden Ring bros, because it's basically a free to play, isometric Elden Ring for them.

Perkel

Arcane
I feel like when PoE2 launches, the existing PoE1 community will be quickly taken over by the flood of Elden Ring bros, because it's basically a free to play, isometric Elden Ring for them.

Good. Looks like huge improvement over POE1.

Perkel

Arcane
reminds me of poe1 beta when people said it was too hardcore and people had to kite monsters around spell totems XD

ADL

Prophet
Ruthless is the only decent way to enjoy Path of Exile these days so Path of Exile 2 being a proper successor to it without all the bullshit sounds amazing no matter how much Path of Exile 1's one button zoom zoom community cries about it. That is not an audience worth keeping for the sequel. Treat the existing game as containment for those people.

tritosine2k

Erudite
You need to understand PoE1 is proven and a money printer, whereas if they cajole the soulslop crowd that's fickle at best and won't stick around (bc. consoom other soulslop ) . It makes sense they want to double dip and if it only has a campaign yet that's necessarily slow.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

some key points:

- WASD feels more natural than old click to move
- bosses are the highlight of the campaign
- you have to use all of your mobility skills to survive
- while still very fun, the difficulty seemed overtuned
- Sorc felt underpowered compared to Ranger

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So everyone saying WASD movement feels good... have they tried a build with more than like, 2 skills on it? Because unless you've got 10 fingers on your left hand, that seems pretty awkward to me.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So everyone saying WASD movement feels good... have they tried a build with more than like, 2 skills on it? Because unless you've got 10 fingers on your left hand, that seems pretty awkward to me.
Until PoE2 is most popular game in South Korea their life is not complete.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
didnt you get the memo? you should automate every skill
Reminder that these are the same devs that made warcries into a separate skill type because they didn't want them to be able to be used with CWDT as spells.
E: Also why fortify support would not work with triggered skills like the counterattacks.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
If they spend more time polishing WASD they're gonna realize that it needs more granular movement and turn it into wow control scheme...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
didnt you get the memo? you should automate every skill
Automating Alt-F4 is intended as well judging by the way Hardcore is designed- I look forward to movement being automated as well in the near future!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If they spend more time polishing WASD they're gonna realize that it needs more granular movement and turn it into wow control scheme...
Yeah, I am a bit worried about the fact that you can only dodge in 8 directions with wasd. In a lot of games it's fine because you control the camera with the mouse and your movement is relative to that, but poe doesn't have that.

Vyvian

Educated
I was watching Preachgaming talk about his experience with the PoE2 event and he seemed positive about the bosses.
What caught my eye is that on the boss he showed you actually could use its own body to block some of its attacks. I wonder if that will be a big factor in all bosses.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Streamers/utubers ability to kite dodge right into next enemy pack and die is unparalleled

Just whats wrong with these ppl

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
will poe2 drop all cool skills that never received love that they deserved? Like bodyswap or ice spear

Shadenuat

Arcane
What i didn't like so far from videos is that all enemies behave in same lolrush and swarm manner. I wanted to see scared enemies, more neutral passive ones, slow moving ranged and so on. Reminder that dark souls design integrated story into its world, it wasn't just difficult for the sake of it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Streamers/utubers ability to kite dodge right into next enemy pack and die is unparalleled

I do that as well.
You just don't see very in poe relative to how fast you/enemies move. Running 100ms in one direction and then tapping a movement skill is enough to land in the middle of another pack you didn't see when you started.

Shadenuat

Arcane

I do that as well.
You just don't see very in poe relative to how fast you/enemies move. Running 100ms in one direction and then tapping a movement skill is enough to land in the middle of another pack you didn't see when you started.
Da dude plays archer and enters copy of maggots lair
Level splits into 2 coridors
You can 1) shoot enemy in coridor 1 and retreat back to safe space
2) shoot enemy in coridor 1 and lol roll into coridor 2 into enemy
Gigabrain choice

Maybe i am too safe player due to clan play in mmos where pulling extra pack leads to party raid wipe, idk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom