Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Perkel

Arcane
How much health for cruel lab?

I have 3k life, 800 shield (full ES gear, look like a fucking hobo) and MoM

about 2,5k for safety so you are good to go.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Finally reached Act8, two more to go. :terminate:
FFS these dindus in act6 spamming flame totems and rain of frost arrows were infuriating, making really bad impression about FoO. Act7 got these ball throwers slimes and ball throwing drowners or whatever this filthy creature is.
Wish Leap jump was more responsive, it would be life savior for my 2H MaraBerserk...
Couldn't reach endgame in any character previously. Once I beat Malachai with anyone I get idea to test another build. Again and again.
There is no point in trying a new character before reaching lvl 75 (when you get access to all unique items) as your current one is not really done yet and you don't really know how it plays.

As for Leap Jump, don't use that for two handers unless you got a really fast one (and link faster attacks with the skill). Better to use Flame Dash+faster casting for slow weapons.
EDIT: I missed one important part. Leap Slam has its own base attack speed of 1.4 and attack speed modifiers on your weapon affect it(it is why people use some uniques with 50% attack speed bonus for leap slamming). All other attack speed modifiers also affect it. Your base weapon attack speed will also affect how fast you can leap slam as the game needs to wait until you finish your current attack before you can leap slam away. If you are using a slow weapon and got no modifiers to attack speed best thing for dodging is a quicksilver flask and just moving away.
Also when using Leap Slam be sure to hold SHift, it lets you do max range Leap Slam as fast as possible.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

I was able to do Merc lab with 3400 life. Izaro can almost one hit you with my life amount. So you should be more than OK for Cruel.

Gerrard

Arcane
So today I learned that all the weapon effects from the store require TWO purchases if you want to use them on both weapons while dual wielding, unlike the challenge or pack ones. Because 25 bucks is not enough. Are you sure Chris' name isn't actually Wilsonberg?

:balance:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Leap Slam post trivia.

Welp, did not know LS had his own timer. Might replace it then.

Another thing - I spam Sunder (2056 DPS) with Brutality support gems (two) but found out that it work the other way.
It was"
(Sunder)<-(brutality)<-(brutality) or
(brutality)->(Sunder)<-(brutality)

but only one Brutality gem is working. Huh.

My enjoyment from reaching Act8 was cut shortly because I can't bypass shield of the witch from the sewers. Bollocks. Need better axe but so far Cruel Lab is bit harder now. Get flooded with armors and one handed weapons but very rarely get 2H.

edit
halleluyah, got new axe now, my complains were listened

Last edited:
Or you can just go dual-wield Sunder and use Prismatic Eclipse offhand. With sword you can use Whirling Blades for mobility.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Leap Slam post trivia.

Welp, did not know LS had his own timer. Might replace it then.

Another thing - I spam Sunder (2056 DPS) with Brutality support gems (two) but found out that it work the other way.
It was"
(Sunder)<-(brutality)<-(brutality) or
(brutality)->(Sunder)<-(brutality)

but only one Brutality gem is working. Huh.

My enjoyment from reaching Act8 was cut shortly because I can't bypass shield of the witch from the sewers. Bollocks. Need better axe but so far Cruel Lab is bit harder now. Get flooded with armors and one handed weapons but very rarely get 2H.

edit
halleluyah, got new axe now, my complains were listened
Uh, if you link more than one of the same support gems to one active skill, only the higher level support gem will work. You can't run with sunder+brutality+brutality+brutality+brutality+brutality.

Hyperion

Arcane
So today I learned that all the weapon effects from the store require TWO purchases if you want to use them on both weapons while dual wielding, unlike the challenge or pack ones. Because 25 bucks is not enough. Are you sure Chris' name isn't actually Wilsonberg?

:balance:

Depends on the weapon MTX. Most of the ones associated with supporter packs, as well as the newer ones affect both weapons.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also when using Leap Slam be sure to hold SHift, it lets you do max range Leap Slam as fast as possible.
Map 'Attack in Place' to a number on the numpad instead of Shift. Press it and hold, press numlock and release both. Bam! always attack in place, and always leap slam / mvmt skill max distance from where you are.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
What I'm REALLY looking forward to personally is a LOT of FoO release bug fixes that are still not implemented, plus a bit of fleshing out of the later acts with missing details.
Maybe a couple more gods for the pantheon.

Little bit of story here so spoilers.

In Act 8 I encountered a bug where speaking to Sin about Solaris and Lunaris got me voice acting from what I assumed was Act 9 dialogue. Sin was talking about a daughter he had with another god and how he was willing to have you go kill his daughter in order to fullfill your mission of stopping Kitava and the gods to save humanity. It was pretty sad.

So I get to Act 9 and talk to Sin about his former love Garakhun, but there is no dialogue regarding his daughter. Confused. Okay maybe this daughter will show up in Act 10 then. Get through Act 10, still no daughter. When looking through Path of Exile Wiki it mentions that an eighth minor god, Shakari was planned but never implemented.

I'm guessing the voice acting I heard through the bug was the dialogue they were going to use for her. I'm hoping they add her in the future, hopefully to Act 10 in the future to flesh that act out a little more.

Also, the bug still hasn't been fixed for me.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Shit, you got that bug too?

Serious question to everyone, did any of you get the proper voiceover that was supposed to play when you talk to Sin about Solaris and Lunaris?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I was able to do Merc lab with 3400 life. Izaro can almost one hit you with my life amount. So you should be more than OK for Cruel.
yeah lul it was a cakewalk. I'm way too scared of dying.
This is a good thing when playing HC. Traps are one of the most dangerous things around, since they do % based damage.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Took down Kitava (my first time beating the game, fanfare!), would be doable if not the gargoyles jump attacks and skeletons spam when heart is out.
Tried to beat Cruel Lab on lvl 66 but thanks to the lags job is hard. It does not help that I barely have any Chaos Resistance items (and when there is on it have pity +9-15% at best).
Had no issue with damage (Izaro get down relatively fast like - would die in ~6 sec of constant attacks), spend bunch of points into HP boosts and items for resistance but I still feel like a glass cannon (Marauder->Berserk with 3k hp).

Now I need to clean up my stash, got a bunch of nice items for my Ranger but unfortunately - can't give it to her because league chara don't share stash with standard plebs...:negative:

Varvarg

Educated
They are reaching deeps in the millions with wasp nest and viper strike. Poison is still usable in this specific circumstance.

It's never a good idea to be unfocused in your damage output lukaszek. This is a game about min-max if you want to do the absolute endgame. You will see better damage with Hyaon's fury with molten strike

ArchAngel

Arcane
Molten Strike is even more gay. So is Viper Strike. How the game is designed such skills don't provide fun gameplay.

On the other hand my cold Sunder Raider explodes whole screens and sometimes just outside the screen as well.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm not saying it's bad, i'm saying it's boring. Using it for leveling alone already kills my joy in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom