Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Rpgsaurus Rex

Summoner Witch is pretty much the trademark solo PvE farm build. Boring (you don't do anything apart from summoning, maybe a curse here and there), but almost 100% safe and very effective. Just make sure you get 2x Totems eventually (level ~40?) to spam Skeletons.

The practical downside is that you're not very useful in co-op and completely useless in PvP. An excellent choice for 1st character though, to build up a proper stash for more item-dependent classes.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I'm playing my hand at a Templar right now. Didn't particularly wanna be a filthy Maori or a straight-up spellcaster, so I'll see how this pans out in the long run.

Angthoron

Arcane
Found my first epic, a survival necklace. Gave it to my baby Duelist, was great timing. Dude barely gets damaged now.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
The lousy hit detection on melee attacks really, REALLY starts to grind my fucking nerves. If the enemy evaded or I missed, show me the floating fucking text. It's so goddamn frustrating to have a comparably slow two-handers miss half of their attacks. I know for sure that most of it is latency issue since enemies die just between my swings, so basically I'm standing there, cleaving empty air like a fucking moron.

:x

Angthoron

Arcane
The lousy hit detection on melee attacks really, REALLY starts to grind my fucking nerves.

. :x
I think it's the lag. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes, fecking rage and then sometimes, it's rage AND be rubberband teleported, suggesting, welp, lag. Hasn't happened in closed beta either, IIRC. Sure is annoying with Cleave though.

made

Arcane
Yeah I'm playing a Templar and spamming Ice Nova most of the time to avoid that very issue.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Too bad it's unavoidable even when servers are relatively empty. Played until dawn and the problem persisted.

Also, if you ask me, accuracy is a shitty stat. It only makes slow weapons that much more unviable.

Marsal

Arcane
I started playing Shadow intending to dual wield and make an assassin type character from Diablo 2. Quickly got tired of all the clicking and the "feel" of melee combat and switched to bow. Machinegunning fools with arrows is always fun.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
BROS SUCCESS IM IN!

IVE JUST KILLED HILLCOCK. FUCK YEAH HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DONE THAT? I SAVED THE TOWN IM A FUCKING LEGEND SOME GUYS WRITING A POEM ABOUT ME

:yeah:

Nice change hearing "Australian" accents in a game though.

empi

Augur
Anyone got a spare flicker strike to trade/sell it to me?
yeah if you're hardcore pretty sure i have one, IWandToBreakFree ingame

and just start getting the increased aoe passives and get the increased aoe support gem and you can cleave air and you'll still probably be hitting mobs ;p

abija

Prophet
Too bad it's unavoidable even when servers are relatively empty. Played until dawn and the problem persisted.

Also, if you ask me, accuracy is a shitty stat. It only makes slow weapons that much more unviable.
Get the always hit keystone. Still doesn't really fix the problem with you swinging 3 times on a mob you 1 shot or the often desynced position of some enemies on the screen. Been waiting for more than a year to fix melee and nothing.
Welcome to PoE, build a tanky ranged/summoner and be happy and competitive.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
yeah if you're hardcore pretty sure i have one, IWandToBreakFree ingame

and just start getting the increased aoe passives and get the increased aoe support gem and you can cleave air and you'll still probably be hitting mobs ;p
Thanks but I'm on default. Oh well, I've traded it with some dude.
Been farming for some orbs. Not sure if chromatic orb is worth it though, got 10+ now.
Anybody know the market price for these orbs?
I found this http://www.poeex.info/ but.... seem like bullshit imo...
Maybe we should make a codex thread for trading/selling and direct the market :troll:

empi

Augur
ya poeex has always kinda sucked. I'm sure if you could be bothered you could take advantage of a lot of noobs in trading though. Already have heard of somebody getting a mirror from hillock and using it on a starter weapon, and have seen people buy exalts from noobs for alterations.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Holy fuck I must have died 7 times in that temple at the end of 3rd act from those rapid fire bitches. You'd think 75% res would help.

Stabwound

Arcane
The biggest problem with this game is that playing with other people makes for an absolute clusterfuck, especially if minions are involved. It's almost impossible to tell what the fuck is happening and what's an enemy and what isn't; it's just a huge shitfest of glowing things and explosions and hellfire raining down and friendly skeletons/zombies. Even playing a solo summoner makes it tough but partying up in a full group makes for basically a blob of diarrhea everywhere. Even worse are the players who buy the cash shop pets/effects as though you need purposeless shit that adds even more clutter.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That's how you know it's awesome. SHIT IS HAPPENING EVERYWHERE AND FUCK ZOMBIES AND SPECIAL YELLOW BOSS MONSTERS AND SPIDERS DROPPING LOOT (WTF HOW THAT MAKE SENSE?) FUCK YEAH

empi

Augur
Fk you naysayers, you get used to all these things, you just need to play more.

Also, the final temple of act 3 is the coolest area in the game

Angthoron

Arcane
Any hints on what to farm up at L28-29? My gear is SHIT, especially the horribad weapon. In the closed I'd be running next difficulty by now, with gear "resets", but as I can't quite do that here, I need better loots. So... What's a good thing to farm (as melee)?

Pls to not suggest endboss of chapter 2, not with this gear.

empi

Augur
Eh first area of act 3, even with shitty gear, just join a group and you should be able to do Vaal pretty easily at that level. If you really want to stay in act 2 then run waterfall cave I guess

Angthoron

Arcane
Eh first area of act 3, even with shitty gear, just join a group and you should be able to do Vaal pretty easily at that level. If you really want to stay in act 2 then run waterfall cave I guess
The one right after the pyramid? Yeah, done that. Pretty uneven, got an epic the first run, a pile of nothing the second. Guess I was on the right track anyway though, so I'll farm it up a bit, cheers.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
So, how exactly does Resolute Technique work? The hits can't be evaded, but you still have to worry about the basic hit chance or does it become a useless stat entirely?

Stabwound

Arcane
So, how exactly does Resolute Technique work? The hits can't be evaded, but you still have to worry about the basic hit chance or does it become a useless stat entirely?
It renders hit chance useless, but yeah blocking is still a possibility.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
SPECIAL YELLOW BOSS MONSTERS AND SPIDERS DROPPING LOOT (WTF HOW THAT MAKE SENSE?) FUCK YEAH
WYSIWYG loot bro. Have you tried Titan Quest? I know a lot of people hate on it, but loot not just made sense but was actually physically implemented in the game. I can't stop praising it. It was common sense, but also genius.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom