Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ADL

Prophet
Imagine thinking this sort of stuff will not be in PoE2.
Path of Exile 2's development is fueled purely out of spite and hatred of what PoE1 has become, and it required developing a whole separate game to address these problems. That's the reason they split them instead of doing the whole two campaigns one shared endgame concept. I highly doubt PoE2 will have these issues anytime soon, unless GGG doesn't have the fortitude to tell the zoom zoomers to stay in their fucking containment game.

tritosine2k

Erudite
^Nice fanfic :lol:
I'll just copy this from another thread cause it fits like a glove
The focus on coop was clearly a crutch to use "fun with friends" to attempt to hide the uninspired game at its core. American Kiwi game industry is so hopeless now they can't even match a mindless mid budget action game from 2011 2013

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Because it is a zoom zoom game now and boring. Having "great defenses" means having better/faster offense than your enemy and you are supposed to clear maps in 2 minutes while playing flask piano or you are playing wrong.

It is nothing like the PoE I started playing and felt in love with.
PoE2 does seem to be similar to that. Whole game will be slower because even normal enemies can kill you fast no matter your build so drops and whole game will be adjusted for that. PoE1 was adjusted for clearing maps in 2 minutes.
Can you show me on the doll where the bad people forced you to "clear maps in 2 minutes"? Go play Ruthless, because that is literally the PoE experience you want.
Also, flask piano? You know we've had flask enchantments for 3 years now, right? The only flask I press is the life flask and that's less than once per map on average.
Ruthless is still nothing like release PoE, it is some bastard child that nobody wants.

As for 2 minutes, whole design is forcing me. Almost all extra content is time or area gated or you get shit. You either kill fast or you die or get no rewards.

As for flasks, fuck that "automation". To automate 5 flasks it at least 10c per flask cost, requires trading and something you will be doing after 30-40 h of playing. It might not exist as well by that time.

Gerrard

Arcane
It takes you 30 hours to finish the campaign? I think I'm seeing the problem now.

Imagine taking damage.
As for 2 minutes, whole design is forcing me. Almost all extra content is time or area gated or you get shit.
:lol: What extra content is time gated? Expedition? Blight? Harvest? Harbingers? Ultimatum? Heist? Delirium and Alva are the only ones that have timers, and those have atlas passives to make it easier or disable it. I guess research in betrayal too. So don't run it?
This is 100% a you problem.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
It takes you 30 hours to finish the campaign? I think I'm seeing the problem now.

Imagine taking damage.
As for 2 minutes, whole design is forcing me. Almost all extra content is time or area gated or you get shit.
:lol: What extra content is time gated? Expedition? Blight? Harvest? Harbingers? Ultimatum? Heist? Delirium and Alva are the only ones that have timers, and those have atlas passives to make it easier or disable it. I guess research in betrayal too. So don't run it?
Dear God, like I am talking to retards.. stay in your PoE lane and have fun playing your shitty game. We others will move on to better stuff.

Gerrard

Arcane

Imagine taking damage.
Dear God, like I am talking to retards.. stay in your PoE lane and have fun playing your shitty game. We others will move on to better stuff.
Yes, yes, everyone is a retard but you, guy who doesn't know how to play this game.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Imagine taking damage.
Yes, yes, everyone is a retard but you, guy who doesn't know how to play this game.
Why are you so butthurt?

Gerrard

Arcane

Imagine taking damage.
Why are you so butthurt?
I am the one who's butthurt, not the person who's been whining about the game for the last few pages.

857iAiV.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom