Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

frajaq

Erudite
I'm really fucking hoping this is the final league before PoE2 beta. I can enjoy PoE1 for what it is but I'm tired of the mindless combat and the same campaign... And based on what they've said about PoE2's campaign it seems like there's measures in place to make sure I don't feel the same way about PoE2's campaign after many runs.

I feel very similar (just want to get my hands on PoE 2 ASAP), but the current league is very worth it, MUCH MUCH better than the horrible Necropolis one

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sold last night Prophecy Wand (10% crit base) with fractured 30% global crit multi for 2 divs
got it from early Ritual so low level (like 73-75ish?)
how much I screwed up the deal? Though low level rare items are not popular...

tritosine2k

Erudite

callisto-protocol-stutter.gif

:thisisfine:

Israfael

Arcane
how much I screwed up the deal? Though low level rare items are not popular...
No idea about trade, but low-level item with high level fractures should be great for some types of crafting as the pool mod on them is smaller than on higher ilvl items (easier to roll +all lvl for example)

abija

Prophet
I'll just be glad if it takes 1+ year for PoE2 to turn into zoom zoom for currency. I'm hoping they are far behind intended schedule when they are forced to release because the more features they have in pipeline the longer it will take to start "pleasing the masses" and turn it into shit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So much obsession with currency and farming currency is mindless. I am glad PoE 2 is introducing gold.
Well obsession with currency comes from how hard it is to get good items in all your slots so you need to buy them but they are expensive. And you need good items with many builds to do endgame comfortably.
This is usually reason I quit before reaching high red maps as grinding required is more than I am willing to waste my time. Fun is no longer there.

ADL

Prophet
I'll just be glad if it takes 1+ year for PoE2 to turn into zoom zoom for currency. I'm hoping they are far behind intended schedule when they are forced to release because the more features they have in pipeline the longer it will take to start "pleasing the masses" and turn it into shit.
I suspect it'll be longer than that. PoE1 will be treated as a containment game for zoom zoom shit and Jonathan really sees the current state of Path of Exile as a personal failing and takes great issue with it. PoE2 would have to fail miserably for them to revert back to PoE1 shenanigans when the whole point of developing the sequel was to get away from that.

abija

Prophet
I don't doubt their intentions just thinking they'll chose $$$ after a while as they did with PoE1.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't doubt their intentions just thinking they'll chose $$$ after a while as they did with PoE1.

It might not even be a case of chasing $$$ but just a slow lurch towards power creep much like the first game. It's very hard to take power creep away when it has become accepted as people get used to it and then complain the game is ruined (hence PoE1 being continued despite the original intent to replace it.)

I guess it'll depend on Jonathan and how tight a grip he keeps on the design.

abija

Prophet
It's not hard to take power creep away if you can accept losing players at least for a while. And they had plenty of opportunity during PoE 1, considering the state of the competition. Yet despite how many times CW said he wants to slow the game down, it never really happened. Which means they always chose to give players what they wanted.

tritosine2k

Erudite
They'll find a way to lionize their capital letter Endgame contribution to gaming and it'll turn out it was a fluke all along.

Yoomazir

Educated
So when does it get good? After you spend real money for your stash? After you follow a perfect cookie cutter build on youtube? After hundreds of hours?

abija

Prophet
So when does it get good? After you spend real money for your stash? After you follow a perfect cookie cutter build on youtube? After hundreds of hours?
If you didn't like the game after you finished the campaign and done 5-10 maps, you can safely forget about it.

ADL

Prophet
Eh I would say you need to try the mechanics out first. League mechanics break up the monotony of mapping and by the time you get tired of one atlas passive skill tree you'll unlock another two.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Evil Vanquished
DD is Dead
orhzm1apmyid1.png

also nerfed Wisped garbage
what you get for Wisped enemies in maps anyway?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't play for 1 week while I was at sea and when I come back Dust now gives way less of bonus when sending ships, they nerfed it like by 100x lol. I need to send thousands of dust now and it only gives a bit more overall bonus.

Gerrard

Arcane
I didn't play for 1 week while I was at sea and when I come back Dust now gives way less of bonus when sending ships, they nerfed it like by 100x lol. I need to send thousands of dust now and it only gives a bit more overall bonus.
Dust didn't do anything except inflate your shipment value before.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Dust didn't do anything except inflate your shipment value before.
Aren't rewards based on shipment value?
Now it seems it is still inflating shipment value but only for 1:1 ratio which makes it even more useless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom