Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

empi

Augur
Maan died in act 3 cruel, to piety version 1. Rip my wander. Gonna roll a fireball/molten shell templar tommorow, should suck less in the mid game than my first build

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
Anybody from default need Divine Orb? Trading it for Chaos/GCPs

This game -> :incline:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So anyway, the game is kinda boring. Walk into area, play whack-a-mole, shit dies, loot flies everywhere, ignore it because you're already carrying loot from the previous area, walk into next lot of monsters, repeat.

This is about all you can expect from Diablo clones.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Man dat Solaris temple music is great, about 3 minutes in I was compelled to plug in my hi-fi headphones and near-mute the other sounds:love:

Also, just got DCd in Lunaris temple lvl 3; get off of my server damn kids!

Angthoron

Arcane
I've got my first Unique at normal somewhere in prison. And it was a Bow for my Ranger! But it was the crapiest Unique you can imagine,
Silverbranch:

Dmg: 4-14 physical
  • +2 to Level of Bow Gems in this Item
  • 50-60% Increased Physical Damage
  • 10% Increased Attack Speed
  • +30 to Accuracy Rating
  • +10 Mana Gained when you kill an Enemy
Sounds nice for early-level twinks.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
I love the sound and ambiance of this game.

So dark and dreary.

Playing solo there is just a sense of doom and gloom that totally takes over.

Playing Act III for the first time with my hardcore Templar has been so fun. Never knowing what is around the next corner.

The indoor areas are so poorly lit that sometimes I am shield charging monsters that I can't even clearly see... GGG's use of light and sound is really good.

For an action RPG I think this is top notch.

Raapys

Arcane
Gods the game became hard. Was pretty much breezing through in closed beta with ice witch, now I barely got through Cruel. Not even gonna bother starting merciless until I have some proper equipment.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Resolute Technique makes a world of difference. Not only did I get extra 300ish dps from the missing 17% hit rating, but when hit detection desyncs (and it does it really, really often), you know for sure you landed a blow and enemies go off to die several meters from you. I wholeheartedly suggest to pick this as soon as possible for any budding marauder.

They also probably should introduce cooldown or nerf damage of Leap Slam; my whole gameplay basically consists of jumping around like a crazy idiot until everything dies.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
When I played back during the beta my go-to build for races was ground slam + stun threshold + stun support gem, along with RT and Blood Magic. With Stun Threshold Reduction at 100%, I could even stun act bosses 100% of the time. Literally just stunlock them to death, provided my attack speed was the right amount to avoid overlapping the stuns, which leads to no stun at all and then a big gap of not being stunned.

Of course, I still got killed doing maps, generally to fucking archers, though unstunnable enemies are a big problem too obviously.

Raapys

Arcane
There's most definitely a nerf in the cards for RT though. We'll probably start seeing balance changes once they've gotten the servers working properly. And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to LeapSlam. Currently there's also GroundSlam though, which isn't really any worse. I'm betting they're going to 'fix' marauders now that the OB is out, seeing as how they already 'fixed' witches and ES users.

Arkeus

Arcane
Not sure the Witches are 'fixed', given that apparently Summoners have some real trouble staying alive nowadays. We'll see how that goes though.

Raapys

Arcane
Well, I was being sarcastic'ish. They nerfed both mana( through Clarity aura) and energy shield( through CI, Discipline aura and the ES armor values), to my knowledge without even trying it in the closed beta first. Any two of them would have been a significant nerf, all four is just ugh. Frankly, I'm not sure how the high-level witches are doing it now, my overly offensive build is fairly stuck at the start of merciless. First witch in hardcore league is at #15'th place, which I guess tells a story.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haha 70k concurent players crashed the servers hard. But they are back up now.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
They did. And dual-totem builds too, a bit. But they are still very viable and quite OP.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Well, I was being sarcastic'ish. They nerfed both mana( through Clarity aura) and energy shield( through CI, Discipline aura and the ES armor values), to my knowledge without even trying it in the closed beta first. Any two of them would have been a significant nerf, all four is just ugh. Frankly, I'm not sure how the high-level witches are doing it now, my overly offensive build is fairly stuck at the start of merciless. First witch in hardcore league is at #15'th place, which I guess tells a story.

First Duelist is 32nd. :smug:

And amusingly enough, there are 8 Marauders in HC Top20.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Here is a handy chart I made to compare all the classes people are playing in the two leagues. Data is from Top 2000 players in either league

qg9Me4p.png

Livonya

Augur
Patron
Hardcore and regular leagues are so incredibly different.

In my opinion ranged classes kick ass on the melee builds in the regular league. But in hardcore being able to survive a bad situation gives a huge advantage to melee builds.

I got to level 76 or so with a hardcore marauder, but the game was SLOW. I put everything into health and killed everything very, very slowly. I would have hated this build in the regular league.

You can advance through the content much faster with a witch than with any other class, but when things go bad you will die.

So I don't think looking at these graphs is very useful unless you consider other information such as time played.

When my hardcore characters die I just delete them because they are useless in the regular league. The always feel gimped compared to the damage heavy builds that can be built for the regular league.

Mraston

Learned
I've found myself playing an alarming amount of this game since the open beta started.

I'm surprised at how honest the microtransaction store is, not a single mention of xp or item drop boosting.

The colour palette is incredible..erm, subdued but I think I appreciate the very grisly aesthetic.

The upgradable potion belt is a pretty clever idea, much better than Diablo 3's orb pickup and massive potion cool down response to over potion quaffing.

The passive tree (while insanely overwhelming at first) is a nice system and I like that you can move into other classes realms.

Gonna end up buying some silly vanity items just to support the game.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
What exactly makes Duelist so UP? Lack of useful Green gem skills?

oscar

Arcane
I hate this genre but even I can tell this is a fuckload better than Diablo III.

Was also amusing when me and my friend noticed half the characters had New Zealand accents. Funnily enough, there's quite a few subtle references to New Zealand with a lot of our native flora turning up. Plus things like moa and paua.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
What exactly makes Duelist so UP? Lack of useful Green gem skills?

Nah, that would also make Rangers UP, which they clearly aren't. The Duelist part of the tree is simply not that good, you're almost always better off starting as a Marauder or Ranger.

oscar

Arcane
You are aware that Grinding Gear Games are from New Zealand right?

Yeah. In between this and the Far Cry 3 Maoris I don't know what's going on with us popping up in games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom