Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

DakaSha

Arcane
Just dropped 25 bucks for the premium stash tab bundle + upgrades to the 4 you start with (which is on sale)

Expensive as shit when you consider what you are actually buying but i have already gotten WAY more than 25 bucks of enjoyment out of this and i wager it has only started. Fags deserve it and any money they get will only go to improving the game

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The flipside to this kind of microtransaction-system is that shit is expensive I guess, like in LoL. I'm fine with that, I have fully functional game. Anything beyond that is sprinkles and support for the devs if I want to give that. I just hope the system works and they won't run out of money or make nothing on the game.

DakaSha

Arcane
Are there any bros on the american server?

My nicks so far are:
UtterTard
DatOneHoodRat
SixInchesInHisGut
ItsyaBoyMarvO
VincentStuart

Add me if you play on Kwa server

k-t

Novice
There is only one game server instance. EU, US and Singapore are just gateways that can provide better latency.

So, basically everyone plays on the same server.

Castanova

Prophet
Joined a public party in order to finish the Lunaris Temple on Normal with my crappy Ranger. Similar to Stabwound, I'm basically deadweight, contributing little more than AoE frost status effects. Anyway, a Regal Orb dropped -- I've played a fair amount since OB release and I still have never seen one drop. I ran up and machine-gun clicked on it and the timer expired and I stole that shit. Booya.

Castanova

Prophet
Eh, it even outs in the end. Sometimes you steal items, sometimes people steal your items. You snooze you lose. But no matter what, more items drop the more people in the party. So, unless you're really slow and don't tend to pay attention (or you REALLY like to play solo), it's always worthwhile to join public parties instead of soloing.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
It would be fine if the timer would be increased by two or three seconds and picking things up would actually work, now you need to rush and click like crazy on an item only for your timer to run out and it being taken by someone else.

empi

Augur
Dunno why you guys complain about all the names being taken, nobody had taken CleavelandBlakemore

Castanova

Prophet
Isn't it Cleveland, though?

Do people really spend a chaos orb to buy LMP? I saw people bidding that on the trading forum. You could get an LMP from quest rewards in, like, an hour.

empi

Augur
Is cos it's a char that's using cleave, innit
and yeah i've seen LMP go for a chaos+

Castanova

Prophet
I think I need to start selling crap in my stash -- I feel like people are throwing money around willy-nilly. I've been saving up every 4L+ I find that has a reasonable ilvl.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
So far wand shadow is awesome. Frenzied Power Syphon with Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Increased Critical Damage mows down mobs like nothing. All those criticals shaking the screen and blue syphoning vortexes exploding from dying opponents make for visually satisfying combat. Mana is a huge problem, though. At this point in game marauders usually become resourceless with Bloodmagic, so it's hard to adjust my playstyle to that of not spamming abilities like mad.

Castanova

Prophet
Deep Thoughts is fairly close by, as is that mana pool/regen cluster directly above your starting area. Also, you could go into the Witch's starting area all the way to the 40% mana regen spot. And are you using Clarity? My Ranger was having INTENSE mana problems until I got the Mana Flows cluster + started using Clarity.

Wand Shadow is definitely a build I wanted to try. Looks fun, indeed.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Of course, Clarity, completely forgot. Don't have the gem yet, though.

I dropped the CI build and have something like this in mind. Hopefully the combination of evasion, energy shield and block will make me tanky enough for HC.

Stabwound

Arcane
I finally found a nasty 2-handed maul with really high damage and increased attack speed, and that shit cuts through things like a hot knife through butter. Unfortunately, I think foregoing a shield as a melee character in hardcore is a probably a death sentence from mid-late Cruel and on. 1/3 of my entire armor score came from my shield, but 1-handed maces are so terribly wimpy compared to good 2-handers, especially when you don't pick up any +dmg nodes.

I'm basically using blood magic and ground slam with life leech/increased melee damage/added fire damage. I'd throw a life on hit gem in there too if I could find a 5L body armor, but I've only come across a 4L so far.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I think it's fine to use a 2hander on a hardcore character, you just need to pick every life node on your side of the tree.

DakaSha

Arcane
Im starting to realize that you can really play the economy in this. Almost like a meta business sim :smug:

I dont feel bad about it. I know ive been ripped off quite a few times. I think im slowly getting the hang of it though

oscar

Arcane
What passives would you recommend to gun for with a two-handed duellist (leaning axes at the moment but could still be swerved away) whose going for half evasion/half armour?

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Axes are bad for duelist imo- you should take advantage of your dexterity, crit chance and attack speed passives, pick two handed sword and go all the way to the west of the skill tree for those nasty ass crit chance/crit damage nodes. Atleast that's what I would do on a two handed duelist, it fits his theme.

Stabwound

Arcane
I just got 1 shotted by Cruel Vaal. I have no idea what even happened. Fuck, that's annoying.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Stabwound, you probably got hit by the falling rocks. It's telegraphed (i.e. some rubble falls where the larger rocks are going to drop), but you've a pretty short timeframe to react and it's fairly hard to see. RID, bro! :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom